ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > NFL > NFL Discussion Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-29-2022, 02:04 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,270 Times in 2,017 Posts
Default My Debate With a Tom Brady Is the GOAT Enthusiast on Facebook

o

This is not Colts-related enough to be placed in that section, even though Peyton Manning is a part of the dialogue.

I made a post regarding the Colts' horrible offensive line this season, and this person responded claiming that Tom Brady could lead this current Colts team to the playoffs. When I rebutted his claim with facts and data, all he could do was call me a whiny little homer with delusions that couldn't accept that Tom Brady is universally recognized as the GOAT ....... but he had no actual answer for any of what I had stated.

C&O: ) 39 year-old Philip Rivers had even less mobility than Matt Ryan has now, and he had one final solid season in 2020 behind some good blocking.

Carson Wentz had some good blocking last season, and even he managed to have the Colts at 9-6 late in the season before shitting the bed in the final 2 games of the season.

Both Matt Ryan and Sam Ehlinger have both been battered, beaten, and shell-shocked playing behind an offensive line which has essentially been the antithesis of what Philip Rivers had in 2020 and what Carson Wentz had in 2021 ...... Ryan had his shoulder separated by the Titans in October, and Ehlinger was sacked 9 times ....... that's right, NINE TIMES by the Patriots in November before Jeff Saturday took mercy on him and reinstated Ryan as the Colts' primary punching bag ...... eh, I mean as the Colts' primary quarterback.

Subsequently, in my rat's ass of an opinion, finding a way to somehow get the offensive line to revert back to being one of the best in the NFL (as it was in the 2020 and 2021 seasons) from being one of the worst in the NFL (as it has been for most of this season) needs to be at the top of the priority list for 2023.

Judd Creech: ) I like to ask people, if given the choice, would they rather have the next Tom Brady or the next ‘75 Bills O-line (or their particular choice who they consider the GOAT O-line), and they almost always choose TB12. I agree. I would argue that Brady’s vision gave him the uncanny ability to find the open receiver faster than any other QB in history. How many times did we see Ryan get the bum’s rush, and then, upon review, notice a wide open receiver waving his arms downfield as Ryan throws a pick into double coverage? A sack is a statistic shared by the QB AND the O-line, but the fact that TB12 is the most sacked QB in history tells me that it is possible for both the line and the QB to allow sacks, as long as they have the skill sets to mitigate their weaknesses. TB12 is the undisputed GOAT (fight me) and has the bling to prove it. Put him behind this O-line and we make the playoffs. Period. I say take the best QB available and teach the line. I also have to wonder about the Colts’ strength and training techniques. How Q keeps getting beat is an absolute mystery.

C&O: ) Terry Bradshaw won 4 Super Bowls and was the MVP in 2 of them. Dan Marino's teams made it to one Super Bowl and got blown off of the field. Terry Bradshaw was not a better quarterback than Dan Marino, in spite of the "bling" that he has. Tom Brady has a crappy team around him now, and they have a sub-.500 record with most of their wins coming against crappy teams. If Brady can barely have his current team sniffing the .500 mark in a horrible division with 3 other horrible teams in it, then the thought that he could somehow get this current Colts team with this terrible offensive line to the playoffs is laughable. Also ...... when Tom Brady missed the entire 2008 season with an injury, the Patriots went 11-5 without him with Matt Cassell at quarterback. When Peyton Manning missed the entire 2011 season, the Colts went 2-14 without him. You can lick Brady's balls all you want, your assertion has no basis in reality.

Judd Creech: ) Leave it to a whiny homer to not only deny the GOAT his due, but to pretend that everyone agrees with him. No basis in reality? GOAT and TB12 are synonymous everywhere but in your tiny little world, and nothing is funnier to students of the game than watching Colts fans contort hard data and the unforgiving eye test in order to support their ridiculous claims to the contrary. Here’s the deal. I can’t stand TB12. And I love Peyton. Always will. But you can have your delusions all you want. You can even level insults on social media if it makes you feel better—in spite of your foolishness. Grow up and state your case like a man, or continue to try to project your obvious fantasies about pretty boy onto someone with far stronger ties to reality than you.

C&O: ) In other words, you have no rebuttal at all for the facts that I laid out regarding the careers of Terry Bradshaw and Dan Marino, the state of Brady's current Buccaneers team which is getting beaten by almost every solid team that they play, and the plights of Manning's 2011 Colts team when he missed an entire season with an injury and Brady's 2008 Patriots team when he missed that entire season with an injury.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 12-29-2022, 04:58 PM

Thanked 4,290 Times in 1,755 Posts

name one reason tom brady is the goat without stating a team accomplishment?

that is how i always ask the question and nobody ever has an answer other than longevity
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (12-29-2022), Racehorse (12-30-2022)