ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-25-2022, 03:43 PM

Thanked 2,642 Times in 1,557 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brylok View Post
Frank is allegedly "the QB whisperer". Let's see it.
Old 02-25-2022, 09:06 PM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,037 Times in 1,866 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
I would be ok with Trubisky or Winston. Both gambles but with analytics trending in the right direction. Not any more a gamble than Wentz for another year. And if it doesn’t work, hopefully have a high draft pick in a QB draft next year.
Winston is a dipshit. I agree with the rest of what you said.
Old 02-25-2022, 10:50 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,060 Posts

Quote:
Don’t care, just get the best stopgap until we can draft a QB.

I’m still a little intrigued by Minshew as well. He played very well for the Eagles.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
IndyNorm (02-26-2022), Racehorse (02-26-2022)
Old 02-25-2022, 10:57 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Winston has grown up quite a bit with the Saints. He had a pretty good year last year
Old 02-25-2022, 11:35 PM
"Still at Work"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Don’t care, just get the best stopgap until we can draft a QB.

I’m still a little intrigued by Minshew as well. He played very well for the Eagles.
Who knows? I'm tired of doing business with the Eagles though.
JAFF (02-26-2022), njcoltfan (02-26-2022)
Old 02-25-2022, 11:45 PM
"Still at Work"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
Winston has grown up quite a bit with the Saints. He had a pretty good year last year
I would hope so. I tuned out on him when he ate the W. He looked like an absolute idiot.
I have no clue what the Colts will ultimately do at QB. The scary thing is they might not know either.
JAFF (02-26-2022), njcoltfan (02-26-2022)
Old 02-26-2022, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

I wouldn't necessarily be so presumptuous about that. Remember that when Andrew Luck first retired and the Colts had to roll with Jacoby Brissett, the Colts were designated to mediocrity for a grand total of one year ...... they went 7-9 for that one season in 2019, and then after signing a past-his-prime, immobile Philip Rivers at quarterback they went 11-6 the very next season and took the Bills right down to the wire in the playoffs on their home field.

Also, remember how unpredictable the entire 2021 season was for a whole bunch of teams, including the Colts ??? When the 49ers got dominated by the Colts and fell to a record of 2-4 overall, who would have guessed that Jimmy Garoppolo and company wound wind up going to the NFC Championship game and taking the eventual world-champion Rams right down to the wire ??? And after the Colts started the season at 0-3, I'll bet that the vast majority of Colts fans would have been surprised if somebody had told them that they would go 9-3 over their next 12 games and would be be sitting pretty in terms of a playoff berth prior to the final 2 games of the season. Plus, there were tons of individual-game examples, especially in the AFC. When Derrick Henry went down with an injury in the middle of the season, the Titans had the eventual world-champion Rams in their very next game. The Rams had just acquired Von Miller in a trade, and their overall record at that time was 7-1. It was supposed to be a blowout in favor of the Rams. It was indeed a blowout, but it went the other way. The Derrick Henry-less Titans stomped on the Rams that night. The score of the game was 28-10 late in the 4th quarter before the Rams added a cosmetic touchdown with only 24 seconds left to play in the game.

I'm not saying that your fear of the Colts falling into a state of mediocrity for a long period of time won't come to fruition, because it might ....... I'm only saying that I have seen far too much unexpected shit go down over the last few years to presume anything for almost any team, including the Colts.

o
The Colt's are already in a state of mediocrity if every year they are wondering who their next QB is going to be !!!
Old 02-26-2022, 09:48 AM

Thanked 1,339 Times in 755 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
He wasn't bad but pretty inconsistent last year before his injury. Did seem to play better against good opponents. Also, he'll be coming off an ACL tear.
The Following User Says Thank You to IndyNorm For This Useful Post:
JAFF (02-26-2022)
Old 02-26-2022, 10:11 AM

Thanked 4,417 Times in 2,534 Posts

Winston, to me, is a guy who could end up like Fitzmagic. He could light up a box score, and then be replaced by the starter. Nobody really believes in him, but he can get the job done. I think he isn't the same guy who stole crab legs. He has matured a lot. I would give the guy a tryout, at least. Same with Mitch.
omahacolt (03-03-2022)
Old 02-26-2022, 01:54 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,275 Times in 2,021 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

I wouldn't necessarily be so presumptuous about that. Remember that when Andrew Luck first retired and the Colts had to roll with Jacoby Brissett, the Colts were designated to mediocrity for a grand total of one year ...... they went 7-9 for that one season in 2019, and then after signing a past-his-prime, immobile Philip Rivers at quarterback they went 11-6 the very next season and took the Bills right down to the wire in the playoffs on their home field.

Also, remember how unpredictable the entire 2021 season was for a whole bunch of teams, including the Colts ??? When the 49ers got dominated by the Colts and fell to a record of 2-4 overall, who would have guessed that Jimmy Garoppolo and company wound wind up going to the NFC Championship game and taking the eventual world-champion Rams right down to the wire ??? And after the Colts started the season at 0-3, I'll bet that the vast majority of Colts fans would have been surprised if somebody had told them that they would go 9-3 over their next 12 games and would be be sitting pretty in terms of a playoff berth prior to the final 2 games of the season. Plus, there were tons of individual-game examples, especially in the AFC. When Derrick Henry went down with an injury in the middle of the season, the Titans had the eventual world-champion Rams in their very next game. The Rams had just acquired Von Miller in a trade, and their overall record at that time was 7-1. It was supposed to be a blowout in favor of the Rams. It was indeed a blowout, but it went the other way. The Derrick Henry-less Titans stomped on the Rams that night. The score of the game was 28-10 late in the 4th quarter before the Rams added a cosmetic touchdown with only 24 seconds left to play in the game.

I'm not saying that your fear of the Colts falling into a state of mediocrity for a long period of time won't come to fruition, because it might ....... I'm only saying that I have seen far too much unexpected shit go down over the last few years to presume anything for almost any team, including the Colts.

o

Quote:
Originally Posted by njcoltfan View Post

The Colts are already in a state of mediocrity, if every year they are wondering who their next QB is going to be !!!

o

Maybe ...... but the other side of that same coin is that a team that has been in quarterback limbo since the abrupt retirement of Andrew Luck in 2018 has somehow managed to have back-to-back winning seasons in 2020 and 2021 in spite of it ...... the antithesis of teams that were extremely quarterback-dependent during the majority of Peyton Manning's and Andrew Luck's careers.

So while we are all bemoaning the failures of Carson Wentz this past season (especially in the final 2 games against the Raiders and the Jaguars), Chris Ballard is apparently doing what he said that he claimed that he would do ...... building a complete team that wouldn't necessarily necessarily fall to pieces without their starting quarterback, like the 2011 Colts did without Peyton Manning when they went 2-14.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck

Last edited by Colts And Orioles; 02-26-2022 at 04:24 PM.