ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-24-2018, 03:36 PM

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,639 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Didn’t 3effin have his own little troll cave? Guys would go there to poke him with a stick then comeback to the regular forums?
Yeah, that's actually who I was probably thinking of. Good call. So many Pat's tools over the years.
Old 12-24-2018, 03:48 PM

Thanked 1,896 Times in 923 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLuck4Chuck View Post
Mods can you create a place special just for C&O.? Maybe call it "Threads from the Crypt" then Ban his ass there for life. Kind of like back when Banme was only in Smack talk.
Nonsense.

I actually agree with him here. Those old timers are part of Colts history. Doesn’t matter if it is Balt or Indy, it’s still Colts history.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hoopsdoc For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (01-07-2019)
Old 12-24-2018, 04:35 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,401 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by njcoltfan View Post
Guy knows more Colts history ( Indy & Balt. ) then most of us who post here, I for one like that.
Yep. He’s not going anywhere he’s a Freak
Old 01-03-2024, 10:41 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,268 Times in 2,016 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

Antonio Barnes has been a Colts fan since they played in Baltimore ........ Glenn Doughty, Nesby Glasgow, Lydell Mitchell, and Curtis Dickey are some of names that come off of the top of his head when asked about the origins of his Colts fandom.

He also vividly remembers March 17th of 1984 ........ the night in which the Colts, under the threat of eminent domain, fled the city of Baltimore and arrived in their new home in Indianapolis.

Barnes stayed loyal to his team, in spite of the change in venue from his home city of Baltimore to Indianapolis. His jobs in prison include cook (his shift starts at 4 AM), tutoring the mentally handicapped, and suicide watch. He is serving a life sentence for conspiracy to commit murder. His life in crime began at the age of 12.

In Barnes' mind, he deserves what he has gotten ........ he detests the 17 year-old punk criminal that he once was. In fact, unlike many of his fellow criminals, Barnes DID NOT become a drug dealer out of necessity. He never went hungry as a child, he always had a roof over his head, his family had a television, and his parents even took him to Colts games at Memorial Stadium on Sundays. But it wasn't his parents, or even the Baltimore Colts players that Barnes looked up to ........ it was the hot-shot street hustlers manning the corners of his neighborhood, with their flashy cars and attractive women. For making this choice, Barnes wound up paying the ultimate price. He has accepted his fate, and is doing whatever he can to salvage his wasted life.

A Life Sentence, and a Life Reformed: How One Colts Fan Follows from Prison

(By Zak Keefer)

https://www.indystar.com/story/sport...on/2274831002/

o
o

(FIVE YEARS LATER)

After having spent 36 years in prison, Barnes was finally released on parole.

On Sunday, he attended his first Colts game since September of 1983 ...... this time in the city of Indianapolis, almost 600 miles from Baltimore.

Bird, ‘The Wire,’ a Life Sentence, Paroled, and a Colts Game 40 Years in the Making

(By Zak Keefer)

https://theathletic.com/5173667/2024...more-the-wire/

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
apballin (01-03-2024), Dewey 5 (01-04-2024), Racehorse (01-04-2024)
Old 01-04-2024, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJColtsFan View Post
After all these years, the narrative is still misunderstood. Baltimore Colts fans didn’t control whether their team stayed or moved. Baltimore Colts fans didn’t just reside in Baltimore, they were Marylanders (eastern and western shore), Delawareans, Pennsylvanians, etc. They loved their team. When the move occurred, hearts were broken. Some of us continued to follow the team and others couldn’t forgive and forget. For those of who remained a fan throughout, all Colts history is important, not just the Baltimore era or Indy era.
I would drive from the Jersey shore to Baltimore twice a year to watch the Colts play. I was really bummed when they moved, but I was glad that Indy kept the Colts name, if they didn't, my father and brothers would have tried to make me a Giants fan UGH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-04-2024, 11:46 AM
Historian

Thanked 3,268 Times in 2,016 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by njcoltfan View Post

I would drive from the Jersey shore to Baltimore twice a year to watch the Colts play. I was really bummed when they moved, but I was glad that Indy kept the Colts name ...... l if they hadn't, my father and brothers would have tried to make me into a Giants fan ...... UGH !!!!!!

o

If they had converted you, you would still have been rooting for a Manning (Eli.)

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 01-04-2024, 07:52 PM

Thanked 1,240 Times in 695 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Didn’t 3effin have his own little troll cave? Guys would go there to poke him with a stick then comeback to the regular forums?
lol I remember him. Didn't he go as far back as the rats forum or further? He or one of his cronies used to pick fights with posters demanding their home addresses roflmao