ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-08-2024, 07:41 PM

Thanked 4,290 Times in 1,755 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysSunnyinIndy View Post
Yeah, once Richardson was out for the year, I thought the team's ceiling with Minshew was a 9 or 10 win season and being on the fringe of the playoffs - maybe get in / maybe out. If the Colts would have made the playoffs, they probably would have been one and done.

Which is what I would expect with most "good" back-up QB's - I would have expected a similar type of ceiling if Brissett was still the back-up.

I'd be fine bringing Minshew back as long as the contract isn't too ridiculous. I have seen some high numbers suggested both here and other Colts websites as possible offers. I don't think the Colts need to break the bank to make Minshew the highest paid back-up by several million dollars in annual salary over the 2nd highest back-up QB contract. If that is what his agent is looking for, I'd have no problems moving on from Minshew.

But I also wonder what Minshew is really looking for. Is he looking to maximize his earnings or does he want the chance to start? I have seen some reporting that he still believes he is a starter in the league and not a back-up. If he is after a starting job, then I am not sure he will want a multi-year contract.

But I could certainly see doing another 1 year deal (and maybe with an option year) with the Colts if he likes his current situation. Seems like he gets along great with both Steichen and Richardson. And thinking from Minshew's perspective: If another team doesn't promise him a starting gig (which I don't think another team will offer him a starting role), then why not go for another 1 year deal and see if Richardson's health and availability this year was a fluke or will it happen again next season.
i don't think anyone is going to look at minshew as a potential starter. he shits the bed the most when it matters
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
Indystu2 (01-20-2024), Racehorse (01-08-2024)