ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-21-2022, 12:34 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,060 Posts

I’m fine not paying a guard if we had someone else at a more important position to pay. But we don’t, so yeah, pay your all star guard.
Old 09-21-2022, 01:04 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brylok View Post
No left guard in the NFL is worth $20M a year.
Even if we are overpaying him it’s only costing the team a few million (2-3 at most) more than most would love. The issue we have drafted guys that appear to be motivated to get the big payday, not to win. It is to early to say anything about Nelson and Leonard got paid and got hurt. I’m looking at Smith (went from one of the best RT in the league to a turd, Kelly (was a top 10 center, no longer) and “I made a pro bowl Kenny Moore” who just keeps getting toasted since he decided he was underpaid. The thing Ballard kept preaching, getting self motivated ‘character first’ players, is where he has seemingly completely missed.
Old 09-21-2022, 01:56 PM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
Even if we are overpaying him it’s only costing the team a few million (2-3 at most) more than most would love. The issue we have drafted guys that appear to be motivated to get the big payday, not to win. It is to early to say anything about Nelson and Leonard got paid and got hurt. I’m looking at Smith (went from one of the best RT in the league to a turd, Kelly (was a top 10 center, no longer) and “I made a pro bowl Kenny Moore” who just keeps getting toasted since he decided he was underpaid. The thing Ballard kept preaching, getting self motivated ‘character first’ players, is where he has seemingly completely missed.
I'm sour on Reich these days, but I've always supported Ballard. That's changing though. I'm almost ready for a complete rebuild...again.
CanuckColt (09-23-2022)
Old 09-21-2022, 05:54 PM

Thanked 4,297 Times in 1,758 Posts

Quote:
I'm sour on Reich these days, but I've always supported Ballard. That's changing though. I'm almost ready for a complete rebuild...again.
ballard has to do a better job of hedging his bets. he can get talent in the door but he is too against adding depth through free agency
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
Brylok (09-22-2022), CanuckColt (09-23-2022), Dewey 5 (09-22-2022)
Old 09-22-2022, 07:22 PM
"Still at Work"

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
ballard has to do a better job of hedging his bets. he can get talent in the door but he is too against adding depth through free agency
I agree, but it's more than that. AC was going to retire 3-4 years ago. He should have drafted a LT back then. AC got talked into playing another year, and here we are in 2022 and we still don't have a decent LT. I have no idea what goes through Ballard's mind regarding WR. All I know is that he's in year 6 and we only have one good WR. The QB carousel since Luck retired...just on and on.
Colts have looked like garbage since late last year. Shit's just been adding up, and I'm getting tired of it now.
Spike (09-22-2022)
Old 09-22-2022, 07:52 PM

Thanked 2,269 Times in 1,222 Posts

Quote:
I have no idea what goes through Ballard's mind regarding WR. All I know is that he's in year 6 and we only have one good WR.
Look at all of the WR's that Ballard has brought in that actually play. All 6 ft to 6'5. all 205 to 225 lbs.

Not on small shifty guy that can play the slot. At some point you've gotta draft guys that can get open and stop looking at the measurables and the potential.

Draft football players for damn sake! I'll bet you that Ballard would have no interest in a young TY Hilton, were he on this years draft board.

I remember when Dallas Clark and Brandon Stokley were practically interchangeable in the slot and ran a route that became known throughout the league as "The Indy Route". I never see that route run by a Reich coached offense. Is that because we don't have the personnel to run it or Frank forgot about when he was At Indy in the mid 2000's?

How often do you see us run the 15 to 20 yd. out patterns, ever? It was a staple of this offense from Peyton through Luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to YDFL Commish For This Useful Post:
Brylok (09-22-2022)
Old 09-22-2022, 09:17 PM
"Still at Work"

I'm kinda watching Browns vs Steelers. The Browns o-line looks far better than ours, and Jacoby looks better than anything we've seen from Matt Ryan so far. Amari Cooper is having a decent game, and just his presence in the field requires the Steelers defense to pay attention to him and it helps open up the other receivers. He was available, but nooo...we can't have that. No defense is going to worry about Pierce, Dulin, or Strachan. I don't count Parris Campbell. Just some thoughts.
CanuckColt (09-23-2022)
Old 09-23-2022, 05:27 AM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
Look at all of the WR's that Ballard has brought in that actually play. All 6 ft to 6'5. all 205 to 225 lbs.

Not on small shifty guy that can play the slot. At some point you've gotta draft guys that can get open and stop looking at the measurables and the potential.

Draft football players for damn sake! I'll bet you that Ballard would have no interest in a young TY Hilton, were he on this years draft board.

I remember when Dallas Clark and Brandon Stokley were practically interchangeable in the slot and ran a route that became known throughout the league as "The Indy Route". I never see that route run by a Reich coached offense. Is that because we don't have the personnel to run it or Frank forgot about when he was At Indy in the mid 2000's?

How often do you see us run the 15 to 20 yd. out patterns, ever? It was a staple of this offense from Peyton through Luck.

They could run those routes with Harrison, Wayne, Hilton, and Clark, they had the speed to stretch the play. They also had a better group of pass blockers.
Old 09-23-2022, 11:22 AM

Thanked 1,673 Times in 800 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post

This is the one thing I don't like about Ballard. He has a certain set of measurables that he thinks are mandatory for certain positions and he will NOT bring in a guy that falls outside of this unless one of his scouts absolutely goes bonkers to make a case for it. It does then mean that alot of really good "football players" have been skipped over in favor of guys who have certain traits but might be lesser players. Ballard would definitely NOT have drafted TY Hilton if he'd been here then.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HoosierinFL For This Useful Post:
apballin (09-24-2022), ChaosTheory (09-23-2022), IndyNorm (09-23-2022), YDFL Commish (09-23-2022)
Old 09-23-2022, 05:10 PM

Thanked 1,339 Times in 755 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierinFL View Post
This is the one thing I don't like about Ballard. He has a certain set of measurables that he thinks are mandatory for certain positions and he will NOT bring in a guy that falls outside of this unless one of his scouts absolutely goes bonkers to make a case for it. It does then mean that alot of really good "football players" have been skipped over in favor of guys who have certain traits but might be lesser players. Ballard would definitely NOT have drafted TY Hilton if he'd been here then.
He definitely wouldn't have, and I'd venture to say he probably would have passed on both Marvin and Reggie as well.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IndyNorm For This Useful Post:
apballin (09-24-2022), Dewey 5 (09-23-2022), YDFL Commish (09-23-2022)