ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-18-2021, 01:09 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

C&O appreciate the Carlin references. Loved how his mind worked, especially his early stuff
The Following User Says Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (10-18-2021)
Old 10-18-2021, 01:42 PM

Thanked 1,556 Times in 884 Posts

1) I agree that three touches in the first half are about seven too few, but think a few things are going on here. A- It's a 17-game season and Reich and company are trying to keep Taylor healthy and not overworked for the long term, as they know he is the biggest playmaker on the team, and B- The passing game (as mentioned) was hitting the deep ball against a stacked line. And C- The damn defense, which did only give up three points, couldn't get off the field and Indy only had what, four non-kneeling possessions in the first half, and only 24 plays? That's not all Reich's fault.

2) Great to see TY back, yes. That said, he is JUST coming back, and the past few years he has been dinged up, if not outright injured more than not. Keeping him on a snap count for the next few games seems like a sound plan, because he, like Taylor, could really help the team in the last 1/4 of the season. If he is on the field.

3) That catch was exactly what Campbell is on the team for. If he misses a game or two and comes back this year, then he is a big asset. If he is now out for the season, then it's time to let him go.

4) Pittman should get a minimum of eight targets a game. He's also the total package. Reggie Wayne 2.0 (and bigger).

5) Fischer is the best LT on the team. That's not saying a lot, but he is the best they have. He'll also look a lot better with Nelson beside him. Also, penalties or not, Wentz has been on his ass or running for his life a lot less these past three weeks.

6) Didn't even know he was in there. That's probably a good thing for an o-lineman. But yeah, it'll be good to get Smith back. Then there will be a solid backup at tackle, and at guard (Reed).

7) I think it's the scheme, not Rhodes. Time to get a new d-coordinator. In other news, water is still wet.

8) The safeties were SO much better, agreed.

9) The bye week can not get here soon enough. Either that or sit him for the upcoming Jax and Jets games to get that ankle better. A 100% healthy Maniac is the best in the league. Right now? Some of those wide-open TE routes are his fault.

10) Freeney took several games before he made an impact as a rookie. Paye won't be him, but hopefully he'll come on now that he has three games under his belt.

11) The only one I hate is Banogu. Lewis and Turay are...meh. But yeah, no pass rush makes everything look awful. Can't get that other rookie DE healthy soon enough.

12) Safeties and DT are okay. Linebackers, if Leonard were healthy would be good enough. CB and DE need to step it up, or that's all Ballard should draft next year.

13) Okereke has not been as bad as all that. Walker was just better than we realized.

14) Wentz has been far, far, far better than I expected, and he really had no pre-season to speak of, and has been injured, so he hasn't touched his ceiling yet. He'll finish the year in the top-10 in the league and should be in the running for comeback player of the year.

So yeah, I don't agree with a lot of what you posted Omaha. But what the hell do I know, seriously. I'm just glad they got the win.

Now, on to San Francisco.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheMugwump For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (10-18-2021)
Old 10-18-2021, 02:16 PM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

Why do we still not have a pass rush? Have we drafted a good one since Mathis in 2003? Does it take other teams 18+ years to solve this problem?

I enjoyed the half of the game that I saw. I should probably avoid laying on the couch prior to game time. Also avoid watching the Jags or Dolphins. No wonder I fell asleep.
Old 10-18-2021, 02:44 PM

Thanked 1,895 Times in 922 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brylok View Post
Why do we still not have a pass rush? Have we drafted a good one since Mathis in 2003? Does it take other teams 18+ years to solve this problem?

I enjoyed the half of the game that I saw. I should probably avoid laying on the couch prior to game time. Also avoid watching the Jags or Dolphins. No wonder I fell asleep.
Jerry Hughes has had a decent career but he didn’t do shit while he was here.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hoopsdoc For This Useful Post:
Brylok (10-18-2021)
Old 10-18-2021, 02:44 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,266 Times in 2,014 Posts

o

Speaking of Freeney, Mathis, and an effective Colts pass rush, I will always first and foremost think of this moment when I hear their names together ...... with the Colts trailing by a score of 6-3 in the 4th quarter, Freeney stripped the quarterback of the ball and Mathis picked it up and ran it into the end-zone for a touchdown. Fast-forward to 1:19:25 of the video to see the play:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIo5wZGQx9g

That 4th-quarter TD wound up being the game-winner, as the final score of the contest was 10-6.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck

Last edited by Colts And Orioles; 10-18-2021 at 02:49 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (10-18-2021), TheMugwump (10-18-2021)
Old 10-18-2021, 02:49 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,266 Times in 2,014 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

Speaking of Freeney, Mathis, and an effective Colts pass rush, I will always first and foremost think of this moment when I hear their names together ...... with the Colts trailing by a score of 6-3 in the 4th quarter, Freeney stripped the quarterback of the ball and Mathis picked it up and ran it into the end-zone for a touchdown. Fast-forward to 1:19:25 of the video to see the play:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIo5wZGQx9g

That 4th-quarter TD wound up being the game-winner, as the final score of the contest was 10-6.

o
o

In that game, Manning threw for 125 yards passing with 0 TD's and 2 INT's.

Addai and Rhodes ran for 92 yards combined on 26 carries, giving the Colts' offense a grand total of 217 yards from scrimmage.

http://www.jt-sw.com/football/boxes/...008-13-ind-cle

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 10-18-2021, 08:20 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,134 Times in 642 Posts

Great game time to get this train rolling let’s fuckin go!!!
Old 10-18-2021, 08:57 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,610 Times in 2,021 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brylok View Post

It’s generally hard to find them. That’s why if you get in the top ten it’s usually one of the safest positions to draft, or LT. Takkarist McKinley busted in Atlanta, but i think he is one of the highest rated rushers this year for Cleveland. It’s kinda like QBs. You keep looking till you find one.

We really should have gone after one in FA. It will hold this team back again this year.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
Spike (10-18-2021)
Old 10-18-2021, 09:09 PM
Post whore

Thanked 4,793 Times in 2,672 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
It’s generally hard to find them. That’s why if you get in the top ten it’s usually one of the safest positions to draft, or LT. Takkarist McKinley busted in Atlanta, but i think he is one of the highest rated rushers this year for Cleveland. It’s kinda like QBs. You keep looking till you find one.

We really should have gone after one in FA. It will hold this team back again this year.
I 100% agree.
Old 10-18-2021, 10:06 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,134 Times in 642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post

Too soon to give up on Paye, and we still haven’t seen dayo
The Following User Says Thank You to apballin For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (10-19-2021)