ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 08-25-2019, 01:40 PM

Default Anyone else over it?

I'm over it. We've seen the Colts without Luck before. The difference is it appears there is a more competent coaching staff. This will give us an opportunity to see how great these coaches are.

The Luck retirement is the final nail in the coffin of the Grigson legacy.

Ballard has done a great job cleaning this mess.

Who knows how this season will pan out. The NFL could be bad again this year. The success of the Patriots is more of a testament on how bad the NFL is than their greatness. It wouldn't be like that if it were the 80's.

It's not going to bother me as much since outside of the Colts I don't care for the NFL. I explained this some time ago. I don't have cable, I'm outside of the viewing area. I live where it's warm so there is no more couch potato NFL viewing in the fall and winter.

The only thing I hate about this is to get a Manning or Luck you have to be really bad. I don't see the Colts as really bad unless the team's morale take a dive when a start player quits before the season. Even in the middle of the pack I feel better that Grigson is no longer drafting for this organization.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kitekrazy For This Useful Post:
DrSpaceman (08-25-2019), Ironshaft (08-25-2019), JAFF (08-25-2019)
Old 08-25-2019, 01:43 PM

I am not over it.

I am still pissed at Luck. I don't care what the media and everyone else says about the injuries, etc. He could still play and chose not to, he is quitting.

But we have to move on, I support the team, and I believe in Ballard more than anything. He has proven to be a great GM so far and the team is in position to win and get better with or without Luck

Brissett is in a contract year, so he has one yeas basically to prove he deserves a new one. In that sense, its an ideal time for this to happen. He is playing to stay with the team and for a new contract

And I really do think Kelly could be a starter if Brissett faulters, after the two game suspension, if he stops doing stupid shit and keeps his head on right.
Old 08-25-2019, 01:57 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,608 Times in 2,020 Posts

Not even remotely over it. Every game we lose I will wonder if we could have won it if Andrew was out there. This whole thing was a big shitshow.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (08-25-2019), Coltsalr (08-25-2019), dwilli57 (08-25-2019)
Old 08-25-2019, 02:04 PM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

I agree, not close, not even remotely. Now incensed to hear that he took the $24.8 he wouldn't have been owed unless he was on the roster in a couple weeks (seriously, was this all part of the negotiation?- was he basically saying he would just string this along until then and claim he was too injured and require IR and finally they just said "F-it, you're a distraction at this point, here's your cash, go away").

Man this is infuriating. I have such little respect for this dude now...
Old 08-25-2019, 02:40 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

There are worst things going on in the world, just go look at Washington, DC.

It's a brutal game. And those who love it often don't have the chance to walk away when they want to. The injuries this guy has endured playing in the NFL would have killed some posters here. How many here have had a lacerated liver?

He can do what he wants, he's the one who feels the pain. And he's in pain now. Not just from the injuries, but he no longer gets to do something he loves. He is now going to live the life with the rest of us.

If Peyton Manning could strap it up one more time, he would do it. So would this kid. But his body won't let him. I'm 60+ and I'm finding I can't do the things I use to. He's 29, and his body is failing him.

Get a grip, he got his jersey pulled off him by injuries, not by choice.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JAFF For This Useful Post:
njcoltfan (08-25-2019), Racehorse (08-25-2019)
Old 08-25-2019, 02:48 PM

Thanked 2,223 Times in 1,198 Posts

Been over it since I woke up this morning and realized it wasn't a nightmare.

We will win with Brissett. I'm just not comfortable with backup QB situation right now.
Old 08-25-2019, 03:01 PM

Thanked 2,235 Times in 1,168 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Not even remotely over it. Every game we lose I will wonder if we could have won it if Andrew was out there. This whole thing was a big shitshow.
That what if will be there for many years.
The Following User Says Thank You to Butter For This Useful Post:
Chromeburn (08-25-2019)
Old 08-25-2019, 03:04 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
That what if will be there for many years.
Along with "what if Superman was born in Nazi Germany"?
Old 08-25-2019, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
There are worst things going on in the world, just go look at Washington, DC.

It's a brutal game. And those who love it often don't have the chance to walk away when they want to. The injuries this guy has endured playing in the NFL would have killed some posters here. How many here have had a lacerated liver?

He can do what he wants, he's the one who feels the pain. And he's in pain now. Not just from the injuries, but he no longer gets to do something he loves. He is now going to live the life with the rest of us.

If Peyton Manning could strap it up one more time, he would do it. So would this kid. But his body won't let him. I'm 60+ and I'm finding I can't do the things I use to. He's 29, and his body is failing him.

Get a grip, he got his jersey pulled off him by injuries, not by choice.
This is where I disagree

he is very much physically still able to play the game

This is not some career ending ankle or calf injury

he just doesn't want to play though it or rehab anymore no more trying

That is quitting. Call it emotional toll or whatever, but its quitting.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DrSpaceman For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (08-25-2019), kitekrazy (08-25-2019), Oldcolt (08-25-2019)
Old 08-25-2019, 03:17 PM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

I feel monumentally better about this organization than I did in 2017 because of Ballard and Reich. I don’t know if they can get a Super Bowl (that’s incredibly difficult) but I trust that they will make this team perennially competitive.