ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 01-17-2018, 09:13 PM
testcase448

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post
Of note, I do NOT think that we should trade Luck for anything less than like 2 whole draft classes; round 1 through round 7, 14 picks in total.

That said, the starting QB for our four Championship round NFL playoff teams in 2018 are:

Case Keenum (undrafted, 2012)
Tommy Cheater (6th round pick, 2000)
Nick Foles (3rd round pick, 2012)
Blake Bortles (1st round pick, 2014)

It is arguable that the #3 overall pick from 2014 is the worst of the lot.

A Superbowl winning QB can be found in places other than the 1st round of the NFL draft. 3 of those teams are in the Championship round for things other than stellar QB play.

Again, that said, it is stupid talk to say that Luck is "done" or "damaged beyond repair" or that we should trade him. Just stupid.

Walk Worthy,
Luck has missed 26 games in the last three years... is surgically repaired at only 29 Years old.
As he ages he may well miss more games, not less. Brissett took a god awful beating last year. Luck at BEST will be operatng behind a revamped line
Old 01-17-2018, 09:42 PM

Thanked 1,889 Times in 921 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by testcase448 View Post
Luck has missed 26 games in the last three years... is surgically repaired at only 29 Years old.
As he ages he may well miss more games, not less. Brissett took a god awful beating last year. Luck at BEST will be operatng behind a revamped line
Yes, but when healthy, you know he’s a top 5 qb. The odds of finding a guy like that in the draft are not good.

The bird in hand......
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hoopsdoc For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (01-17-2018), sherck (01-18-2018)
Old 01-18-2018, 07:47 AM

Thanked 1,189 Times in 523 Posts

Quote:
You seriously point to a new offensive line as a downside or a negative?

Heck, beyond getting Luck back, revamping the offensive line will be the biggest positive to the 2018 season if Ballard does it right!

Add in a new offensive system which, hopefully, can start to replicate the offensive success that the Cheats have been able to employ for years (without the cheating, of course)?

Dude, I get that we have talent holes all over the roster; Grigson screwed the team big time.

But a 2016 Andrew Luck (injury and all) would have taken the 3-13 2017 Colts and turned them, by himself as the only change, into at least a 9 or 10 win team.

Colts losses in 2017 were by:

1, 3, 3, 3, 4, 6, 7, 12, 14, 20, 27, 28, 35

7 losses by 1 TD or less. Are you telling me that Andrew Luck is not worth 7 points more per game than Jacoby Brissett?

Both in 15 games:

469 attempts / 276 completions / 58.8% / 3,098 yards / 13 TD / 07 INT / 52 sacks / 81.7 QB Rating / 260 rush yards / 4 rush TD / 2017 Brissett
545 attempts / 346 completions / 63.5% / 4,240 yards / 31 TD / 13 INT / 41 sacks / 96.4 QB Rating / 341 rush yards / 2 rush TD / 2016 Luck

You, and no one else outside of a small, tight circle around Luck, has any idea to his injury concerns. To make emphatic statements that he is done or will not recover is just stupid.

Walk Worthy,
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sherck For This Useful Post:
1965southpaw (01-18-2018), Oldcolt (01-18-2018), Racehorse (01-18-2018), rcubed (01-18-2018), Spike (01-18-2018)
Old 01-18-2018, 08:26 AM
testcase448

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
Yes, but when healthy, you know he’s a top 5 qb. The odds of finding a guy like that in the draft are not good.

The bird in hand......
He was... may be again... may NOT be. Odds say he wont't
I truthfully hope he is, I like the guy.

BUT with the holes in this team, which are wide, deep and glaring will not be filled this year. Or next perhaps.
Our O-line will get him killed in this division
Old 01-18-2018, 08:33 AM
testcase448

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post
You seriously point to a new offensive line as a downside or a negative?

Heck, beyond getting Luck back, revamping the offensive line will be the biggest positive to the 2018 season if Ballard does it right!

Add in a new offensive system which, hopefully, can start to replicate the offensive success that the Cheats have been able to employ for years (without the cheating, of course)?

Dude, I get that we have talent holes all over the roster; Grigson screwed the team big time.

But a 2016 Andrew Luck (injury and all) would have taken the 3-13 2017 Colts and turned them, by himself as the only change, into at least a 9 or 10 win team.

Colts losses in 2017 were by:

1, 3, 3, 3, 4, 6, 7, 12, 14, 20, 27, 28, 35

7 losses by 1 TD or less. Are you telling me that Andrew Luck is not worth 7 points more per game than Jacoby Brissett?

Both in 15 games:

469 attempts / 276 completions / 58.8% / 3,098 yards / 13 TD / 07 INT / 52 sacks / 81.7 QB Rating / 260 rush yards / 4 rush TD / 2017 Brissett
545 attempts / 346 completions / 63.5% / 4,240 yards / 31 TD / 13 INT / 41 sacks / 96.4 QB Rating / 341 rush yards / 2 rush TD / 2016 Luck

You, and no one else outside of a small, tight circle around Luck, has any idea to his injury concerns. To make emphatic statements that he is done or will not recover is just stupid.

Walk Worthy,
No, luck wouldn't have survived the pounding to make this a ten win team.
56 sacks...3.5 per game UNTOLD number of hits.
They beat CLEVELAND by 3...
Decent teams ass raped them at will.
Old 01-18-2018, 08:40 AM
Accidental Administrator

Quote:
While my personal opinion is one of bright optimism for Luck's return and a long career to follow, I cant see that the path forward is all that different if he indeed retires.

The OL needs revamped through free agency and through the draft. We need to revamp the offense to get rid of the ball quicker. We need to generate a pass rush, we need to improve at corner, we need to address RB eventually...

None of this really changes if Luck retires, we still have to build a team.
Old 01-18-2018, 09:00 AM

Thanked 4,362 Times in 2,509 Posts

http://www.indianasportscoverage.com...tionally-well/

Quote:
For those bringing up Marcus Mariota in Tennessee and the uncertainty with Andrew Luck’s shoulder when talking about McDaniels, I continue to be told Luck’s recovery has been going exceptionally well since returning from Europe
Maniac (01-18-2018), sherck (01-18-2018), Spike (01-18-2018)
Old 01-18-2018, 10:06 AM

Thanked 1,304 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
He was... may be again... may NOT be. Odds say he wont't
I truthfully hope he is, I like the guy.

BUT with the holes in this team, which are wide, deep and glaring will not be filled this year. Or next perhaps.
Our O-line will get him killed in this division
You keep saying things like he's damaged, surgically repaired, won't ever be the same, etc, but you have yet to understand this simple question from post # 25:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
If Luck is as fucked up as you think he is, who the hell is going to trade for him?
Either Luck is damaged goods and will never be the same... or he'll be ready to play. If he's damaged goods as you keep claiming, NO ONE is going to trade for him. He would have no value, so you can't trade him.

If he'll be ready to play as Luck himself suggests, then trading a healthy Luck is just moronic.

Last edited by Maniac; 01-18-2018 at 10:08 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maniac For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (01-18-2018), rcubed (01-18-2018)
Old 01-18-2018, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
Both Mike Wells and Mike Chappell have been on The Fan this week saying they are hearing Luck is doing exceptionally well. I didn't post this because that's all they heard and they couldn't say whether that means he's throwing and doing well or just that he feels good (no pain) but hasn't started testing the shoulder. I know there are many that think anything coming from Colts organiazation about Luck is propaganda unless there is video so take it for what it is.......
Old 01-18-2018, 11:26 AM
testcase448

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusChrist View Post
You keep saying things like he's damaged, surgically repaired, won't ever be the same, etc, but you have yet to understand this simple question from post # 25:

Either Luck is damaged goods and will never be the same... or he'll be ready to play. If he's damaged goods as you keep claiming, NO ONE is going to trade for him. He would have no value, so you can't trade him.

If he'll be ready to play as Luck himself suggests, then trading a healthy Luck is just moronic.
I understand the question, it's pretty stupid so I ignored it.

But if he isn't damaged... IF... this team isn't going to need a franchise QB for a couple years because it lacks the talent to go very far.
While this team rebuilds he will be battered to pieces...
An alternative, provided someone would offer a lot, trade, build a team more quickly with the trades or picks, find a QB...