ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

View Poll Results: Coach Preference
Josh McDaniels 18 64.29%
Mike Vrabel 2 7.14%
Dave Toub 3 10.71%
Other 5 17.86%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-15-2018, 09:22 PM

Thanked 4,373 Times in 2,519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Here's the difference between me and most users here: I don't express a strong opinion that isn't well researched.
However, you think research that demonstrates how inept Pagano is would be considered "groupthink".

GTFOH
Old 01-15-2018, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Here's the difference between me and most users here: I don't express a strong opinion that isn't well researched. Toub fits the criteria I laid out above, I'm sure many other well respected coaches around the league do as well. I'm not investing the time at the moment to figure out who that is, nor of those, who would be the best fit for the Colts. It seems fruitless with all signs pointing to Cheater Jr. and his merry band of videotapers as of now, and I simply don't have the time to invest. I don't have the answer in this case, and I'm okay with that. I'm also not going to be a hypocrite and be supportive of a hire who is likely to do the same things that I believe completely taint the accomplishments of the Cheaters in the Northeast. I'd rather not have Andrew Luck's career tainted in the same way.
You just don’t want to be paint yourself into a corner over supporting a coach and potentially having him fail. Again.

I realize that it probably sucks for you to have Pagano as your cross to bear. Why you insist on dying on a hill is another matter, but I can’t imagine it’s pleaaant to be the board laughingstock over the fact that you were a Pagano supporter. If you could just bring yourself to admit you were wrong about him, we’d also all back off, but that’s another matter as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to Coltsalr For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (01-15-2018)
Old 01-15-2018, 10:30 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,608 Times in 934 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
However, you think research that demonstrates how inept Pagano is would be considered "groupthink".

GTFOH
It's not research to blame any and every problem on a head coach, nor is it well thought out. It's actually the "all or nothing" logical fallacy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltsalr View Post
You just don’t want to be paint yourself into a corner over supporting a coach and potentially having him fail. Again.

I realize that it probably sucks for you to have Pagano as your cross to bear. Why you insist on dying on a hill is another matter, but I can’t imagine it’s pleaaant to be the board laughingstock over the fact that you were a Pagano supporter. If you could just bring yourself to admit you were wrong about him, we’d also all back off, but that’s another matter as well.
The last coaching candidate I actually supported is doing pretty well for himself. Unfortunately, the "brain trust" at the time of Irsay and Grigson chose not to hire him. One of many poor choices Grigson made.

By the way, the definition of "supporter":

Quote:
a person who approves of and encourages someone or something (typically a public figure, a movement or party, or a policy).
A person who openly, actively, and frequently states that they do not care what happens to another person (i.e. me stating numerous times that I did not care what happened to Pagano) cannot be said to be a supporter of that person. It's understandable that you'd confuse your language given the myriad logical fallacies you and others allowed yourselves to engage in to blame any and every problem on Pagano that you could, but nonetheless you are using the wrong word. I think this is the definition you're looking for:

Quote:
a person who holds or expresses opinions that are at variance with those previously, commonly, or officially expressed.
That describes me very well. A "dissenter" is what I am on the issue, mostly because I didn't (and still don't) think that nearly the number of things people here wanted to blame on Pagano were actually his fault, and I didn't (and still don't) think that the expectations set upon him by most of you were reasonable in any way. It's over now, though. He can't be blamed for anything the Colts do moving forward and there obviously can't be any expectations of him moving forward in relation to the Colts. Thus, there's no relevant difference of opinion anymore.
Old 01-15-2018, 10:39 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,608 Times in 934 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
The reason you and your Cousin-brother Dam dont want McDaniel is because it will be he will be the quickest of the candidates to prove to you how bad Pagass was.

This will be a night and day difference.

And if you and your cousin-brother dont want to hear about it for years to come, I would stop with your nonsense. Or remember that you are bringing this on On your own.
You're a hypocrite if you've ever said that Belicheat and Brady's cheating taints their accomplishments and you still support hiring McDaniels.
Old 01-15-2018, 11:14 PM
Post whore

Thanked 4,793 Times in 2,672 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post
Leslie Frazier paired with a decent OC
Leslie Frazier? Why? It doesn't appear that any team is even interested in interviewing him that I know of.
Old 01-16-2018, 12:28 AM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
I'll take a chance on McDaniels. I think Luck will flourish with him. Plus it sounds like McDaniels and the Colts are expected to bring in former Cowboys assistant coach Matt Eberflus as their defensive coordinator.

Tom Pelissero has also reported that McDaniels and the Colts are expected to bring in former Cowboys assistant coach Matt Eberflus as their defensive coordinator. Eberflus spent 7 seasons with the Cowboys as their linebackers coach before adding on the title of passing game coordinator in 2016.

Eberflus helped develop Sean Lee, Anthony Hitchens and Jaylon Smith as well as many others during his time in Dallas. Many viewed him as a very hot defensive coordinator candidate, with Blogging the Boys calling him the “most important Cowboys free agent”. Eberflus’ style of defense has yet to be truly revealed, but with his background as a 4-3 defense guy, it’s expected that he’ll implement a 4-3 defense.

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2018/1/...s-potential-dc
This sounds entertaining to me.
Old 01-16-2018, 10:00 AM

Quote:
It's not research to blame any and every problem on a head coach, nor is it well thought out. It's actually the "all or nothing" logical fallacy.

The last coaching candidate I actually supported is doing pretty well for himself. Unfortunately, the "brain trust" at the time of Irsay and Grigson chose not to hire him. One of many poor choices Grigson made.

A person who openly, actively, and frequently states that they do not care what happens to another person (i.e. me stating numerous times that I did not care what happened to Pagano) cannot be said to be a supporter of that person. It's understandable that you'd confuse your language given the myriad logical fallacies you and others allowed yourselves to engage in to blame any and every problem on Pagano that you could, but nonetheless you are using the wrong word. I think this is the definition you're looking for:

That describes me very well. A "dissenter" is what I am on the issue, mostly because I didn't (and still don't) think that nearly the number of things people here wanted to blame on Pagano were actually his fault, and I didn't (and still don't) think that the expectations set upon him by most of you were reasonable in any way. It's over now, though. He can't be blamed for anything the Colts do moving forward and there obviously can't be any expectations of him moving forward in relation to the Colts. Thus, there's no relevant difference of opinion anymore.
My expectation for this season was that they not continuously blow 4th quarter leads. 4th quarter they were 30th in scoring defense and 32nd in scoring offense.

But none of that is coaching I guess. Unrealistic he would have any control over that.

And no he can't be blamed for anything for the Colts moving forward, thank God.
The Following User Says Thank You to DrSpaceman For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (01-16-2018)
Old 01-16-2018, 11:00 AM

Thanked 1,655 Times in 794 Posts

Quote:
And who is blaming any and every problem on Pagano? This board has been complaining about Irsay, Grigson and Pagano for a few years now. But Grigson is gone and problems persisted, so it became "Irsay is too drug addled to run the team" and "Pagano is an idiot". On top of that, there have been plenty of complaints about certain players who are not good enough to be on the team. Hello TJ Green. Hello Trent Richardson. Hello a bunch of OL players over the years.
You are just making things up to support your view that you are right and we are all irrationally blaming problems on Pagano.

Quote:
As I said, no one is excusing Irsay and esp Grigson for their errors, which were rather bad. And I don't know who this coach is you are referring to, but I'm not sure it matters.

Quote:

You may not be a supporter in any obvious way, but your absolute refusal to acknowledge that Pagano is an obvious reason why this team commits some many unforced errors, stupid penalties, and is wholly unprepared for an opponent nor can make any halftime adjustments is irrational. Thus, people are going to call you a Pagano supporter when you deny what is obvious to virtually everyone.

Quote:
You are a dissenter without evidence or reason, which just makes you either a troll or an idiot.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HoosierinFL For This Useful Post:
Coltsalr (01-16-2018), FatDT (01-16-2018), Spike (01-16-2018)
Old 01-16-2018, 11:23 AM

Thanked 4,373 Times in 2,519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierinFL View Post
And who is blaming any and every problem on Pagano? This board has been complaining about Irsay, Grigson and Pagano for a few years now. But Grigson is gone and problems persisted, so it became "Irsay is too drug addled to run the team" and "Pagano is an idiot". On top of that, there have been plenty of complaints about certain players who are not good enough to be on the team. Hello TJ Green. Hello Trent Richardson. Hello a bunch of OL players over the years.
You are just making things up to support your view that you are right and we are all irrationally blaming problems on Pagano.

As I said, no one is excusing Irsay and esp Grigson for their errors, which were rather bad. And I don't know who this coach is you are referring to, but I'm not sure it matters.

You may not be a supporter in any obvious way, but your absolute refusal to acknowledge that Pagano is an obvious reason why this team commits some many unforced errors, stupid penalties, and is wholly unprepared for an opponent nor can make any halftime adjustments is irrational. Thus, people are going to call you a Pagano supporter when you deny what is obvious to virtually everyone.

You are a dissenter without evidence or reason, which just makes you either a troll or an idiot.
He is talking about Zimmer.

Dam is a perfect example of a guy who has the smallest penis. He can never be wrong, so he will never admit it. When others point at his little guy, he deflects attention to something else, like the gym teacher picking his nose. Everyone knows he has a small dick, but he keeps on trying to say it is because the water makes it look small or something else stupid like that.

By the way, your post is spot on. The franchise went off the rails about six years ago and now two of the three issues have been replaced. If it improves, then we know it is not because Irsay is as bad as we think, but that he hired the wrong guys six years ago. Then his loyalty to those two out-weighed the obvious faults in both of them.

New regime brings hope for improved results. If McDaniels is the guy, Dam will not support him, which would show that he is not a Colts fan, but a Pagano fan. Time will tell.
Old 01-16-2018, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
He is talking about Zimmer.

Dam is a perfect example of a guy who has the smallest penis. He can never be wrong, so he will never admit it. When others point at his little guy, he deflects attention to something else, like the gym teacher picking his nose. Everyone knows he has a small dick, but he keeps on trying to say it is because the water makes it look small or something else stupid like that.

By the way, your post is spot on. The franchise went off the rails about six years ago and now two of the three issues have been replaced. If it improves, then we know it is not because Irsay is as bad as we think, but that he hired the wrong guys six years ago. Then his loyalty to those two out-weighed the obvious faults in both of them.

New regime brings hope for improved results. If McDaniels is the guy, Dam will not support him, which would show that he is not a Colts fan, but a Pagano fan. Time will tell.
If McDaniels succeeds he will claim it was all do to better players and Pagano would have done as well.

You are right about Irsay 6 years ago. Two bad hires. That is one reason why I am kind of glad Pagano was fired this year and not last. If he had fired Grigson and Pagano at the same time, Irsay would have been in charge again in both hires. That didn't work last time
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DrSpaceman For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (01-16-2018), rcubed (01-16-2018)