ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 01-06-2021, 12:27 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,247 Times in 1,998 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

(DECEMBER 20th)

In Rivers last 6 games combined, he as 12 TD's and only 2 INT's ...... and the Colts are 5-1 in that 6-game span.

Rivers has not thrown a single INT since the loss to the Titans last month.

(vs. TITANS) llllllllllll, 1 TD, 0 INT

(vs. PACKERS) lll.....l 3 TD, 1 INT

(vs. TITANS) lll),,,,,,, 2 TD, 1 INT

(vs. TEXANS) lll),,,,,l) 2 TD, 0 INT

(vs. RAIDERS) lll),lllll 2 TD, 0 INT

(vs. TEXANS) lllll,,,,,)l 2 TD, 0 INT

o
o

(JANUARY 4th)

Update ...... Rivers dropped off in the final 2 games of the season. He threw 2 TD's, but also 2 INT's in those last 2 games combined. The Colts split those 2 games, so their record over their final 8 games of the season was 6-2.

(vs. TITANS) llllllllllll, 1 TD, 0 INT lllllllllllll (WIN)

(vs. PACKERS) lll.....l 3 TD, 1 INT lllllllllllll (WIN)

(vs. TITANS) lll),,,,,,, 2 TD, 1 INT lllllllllllll (LOSS)

(vs. TEXANS) lll),,,,,l) 2 TD, 0 INT lllllllllllll (WIN)

(vs. RAIDERS) lll),lllll 2 TD, 0 INT lllllllllllll (WIN)

(vs. TEXANS) lllll,,,,,)l 2 TD, 0 INT lllllllllllll (WIN)

(vs. STEELERS) lll,,,) 1 TD, 1 INT lllllllllllll (LOSS)

(vs. JAGUARS) llll,ll,)) 1 TD, 1 INT lllllllllllll (WIN)

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 01-09-2021, 05:57 PM
Historian

o

(vs. BILLS, 1/09) lll [Wild Card Playoff Game]

I thought that Rivers had a good game overall.

He did miss an open receiver on 4th-and-goal that would have been a TD and a 10-point lead for the Colts with less than 2 minutes to play in the first half ...... he also had some drops by receivers in key situations.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 01-10-2021, 08:35 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

I would prefer to replace Rivers. He is not the reason we lost in the playoffs but I do not think he is capable of elevating his game to be the reason we win anymore. Lack of mobility is the huge flaw, Those last minute drive often depend on you qb escaping and making a play. We may end up with Rivers, he may be the best bet in the end. If he is our qb next year I don't think it bodes very well for this team.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
Hoopsdoc (01-10-2021), Racehorse (01-10-2021), rcubed (01-10-2021)
Old 01-20-2021, 01:16 AM
Historian

o

In addition to the Colts, the article talks about the biggest decision(s) for the other 31 teams throughout the NFL in regard to free agency.

NFL Free Agency 2021: Biggest Upcoming Player Decision(s) for All 32 Teams

(EPSN's NFL Nation)

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...n-all-32-teams

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS ) (By Mike Wells)

Quarterback Philip Rivers. ) Rivers has told the Colts that he's "not 100% sure" that he wants to play an 18th NFL season. The two sides will take the next month to decide which direction to go. The Colts want Rivers, 39, but they aren't going to sit back and wait on him to make up his mind. They'll be evaluating quarterbacks around the league, and continue scouting potential draft picks. If Rivers does not return, the Colts could have their 3rd different starting quarterback in as many seasons, because Jacoby Brissett is heading into free agency.

o

Old 01-20-2021, 06:56 AM

Default Rules question

I'm pretty sure the rule for a QB running outside the tackles can throw the ball past the LOS to avoid a loss of yardage and no grounding will be called. Can a running back do the same thing? I've seen running backs go out of bound or get tackled behind the LOS and I always think, why not just throw the ball forward and out of bounds to avoid that loss? Can they do that?
Old 01-20-2021, 07:02 AM
Administrator

Thanked 1,965 Times in 1,038 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by albany ed View Post
I'm pretty sure the rule for a QB running outside the tackles can throw the ball past the LOS to avoid a loss of yardage and no grounding will be called. Can a running back do the same thing? I've seen running backs go out of bound or get tackled behind the LOS and I always think, why not just throw the ball forward and out of bounds to avoid that loss? Can they do that?
Imagine it is possible, but great chance there will be an illegal receiver downfield if they do?
Old 11-07-2022, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njcoltfan View Post
If not, then this team will be in QB hell for at least 4-5 years !! Average play equals average draft position. I was a big Andrew Luck fan, but boy did he really fuck up this franchise !!!
I posted this years ago, and it still holds true today!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to njcoltfan For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (11-07-2022), Dewey 5 (11-07-2022)
Old 11-07-2022, 09:06 AM

Thanked 2,617 Times in 1,543 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by njcoltfan View Post
I posted this years ago, and it still holds true today!!
You nailed it....you know when I saw this, for a moment I was hoping we had fired Reich and hired Philip Rivers as the coach, I would be OK with that at this point!
Dewey 5 (11-07-2022), Racehorse (11-07-2022)
Old 11-07-2022, 06:15 PM
Historian

o

I don't believe that the Colts have been in non-stop quarterback hell since Andrew Luck's retirement.

I think that the Colts have had 2 years out of the last 4 in quarterback hell ...... 2019 was quarterback hell with Jacoby Brissett, and 2021 was quarterback hell with Carson Wentz.

I don't believe that 2020 with Philip Rivers was quarterback hell ...... Rivers was solid, the Colts went 11-6 overall, and they took the Buffalo Bills right down to the wire in a playoff game on their homefield in New York State.

I also don't believe that 2022 is necessarily quarterback hell, either ...... 2022 is unquestionably, without a scintilla of a doubt, OFFENSIVE LINE HELL. The fact that the Colts have managed to somehow not lose 4 of their games so far (3 wins and 1 tie) is a minor miracle.

Last year, the Colts' offensive line was among the top-3 in the NFL ...... this year, their offensive line is the worst in the entire NFL. There is no doubt in my mind that if Matt Ryan had LAST YEAR'S OFFENSIVE LINE in front of him, the Colts would be either 8-1 or 7-2 right now. He would still be out there calling the plays, and Sam Ehlinger would still be holding a clipboard on the sideline.

There is also no doubt in my mind that if Matt Ryan had been the Colts' quarterback last year instead of Carson Wentz', the Colts would have won at least 2 more games than they did, maybe even 3 ...... they would have either been 11-6 which would have been good for a Wildcard berth, or perhaps even 12-5 which would have been good for the AFC South division title.

The 2022 offensive line has had a grand total of 1 good game this year.

Out of 9 games, the offensive line has been ......

A) ) 6 games, absolutely atrocious.

B) ) 2 games, not absolutely atrocious, but below average.

C) ) 1 game, excellent (the 2nd Jaguars game.)

Again, the fact that the Colts have somehow managed to go 3-5-1 instead of 1-8 with the offensive line playing as though they were in the Pro Bowl exhibition game is a minor miracle.

o

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
IndyNorm (11-07-2022), NextManUp (11-07-2022), Racehorse (11-07-2022)