ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-22-2019, 04:58 PM

Thanked 4,282 Times in 1,750 Posts
Default quick thoughts on the atlanta jaguars?

1) the falcons reminded me of the del rio jags teams. just constantly shooting themselves in the foot with stupid penalties or mistakes. that was brutal. if you are a falcons fan that is.

2) i absolutely love Reich. his aggressiveness will not be in our favor at times but i have no issue with anything he has done this year. how refreshing it is to have an actual coach that knows what he is doing. generally keeps the colts in good down and distances. has plays ready when we need something different and smart. understand when to line up and smash dudes. just love the guy.

3) brissett was great today. passes were pretty accurate except for a couple back shoulder throws. made smart decisions. got the ball out quick. avoided pressure many times. his pocket presence is so much better than it was before. he takes care of the ball. he keeps this up i will stop wanting a qb early. still want jordan love though.

4) ty hilton is a fucking gamer. the dude has been a blast to watch since his rookie year. and he isn't a fucking head case. going down with a quad injury is not good. i expect him to miss time. obviously don't know how bad it is but if he doesn't let it heal it will just linger all year. hopefully just a mild sprain.

5) we really need a wr to step up. who will do it? probably nobody to be honest. cain isn't doing much. campbell will probably be dynamic at times but that is a tough spot for a rookie. i expect the tight ends, running game and smart playcalling will have to get us by.

6) the te's were awesome. even cox making some big boy catch and runs. love to see them step up.

7) big boy Q pulling and a fucking cb stands in his way. that shit is nightmare educing.

8) AC had a bad game. haven't seen him struggle that much in awhile. overall i thought they played well as a unit except for a small time where they were just getting burned. they corrected and got the job done. i will look more into this in the all 22 but i give them a B for the game.

9) mack was really good i thought. what is up with his speed? his rookie year he would have been to the house. i know he is dinged up but damn.

10) hines made a couple huge plays as you all saw. i believe he needed that. a backup rb that isn't anything special on special teams and not producing on game days will be replaced. he played like he had something to lose. wilkins was very bleh. didn't have much to work with.

11) anyone see where justin houston went to? i know he got chipped some but come on man.

12) we really need more from our young rushers. this pass rush is killing us at times. hunt has disappeared. grover stewart is jut a guy. lewis is just a dude. autry is good. turay makes a play and then you forget he is on the team.

13) run d was suspect. probably will be all year. i worried about our dline coming in and it looks to be for good reason. we really need to upgrade here. badly.

14) lbers can't cover. fall for run fakes bad. that said okereke and walker did have some nice plays. i really think okereke might have a bright future.

16) quincy wilson making a dumb play is probably just going to be a norm. kenny moore open field tackling is beautiful. rock and desir are solid.

17) atta boy geathers on that pick. but you have to get over to jones on that td. he is julio jones.

18) hooker left the field but wasn't injured? he have to shit or something? curious what that was about.

19) i played the te hooper on every fantasy league i could. i knew he was going to feast.

20) overall i think we got lucky as well as played some damn good football. these are the games you have to win. i do like the mental makeup of this team. that is a credit to the coaches imo.

21) hit me up on twitter. my handle is @damputsthingsinhisbutt
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
1965southpaw (09-22-2019), apballin (09-22-2019), bertjones (09-22-2019), Big Smooth (09-24-2019), Chaka (09-22-2019), Dewey 5 (09-22-2019), Indiana V2 (09-22-2019), Ironshaft (09-22-2019), Luck4Reich (09-22-2019), Phelanka7 (09-22-2019), Racehorse (09-22-2019), smitty46953 (09-22-2019), TêteDeFer (09-23-2019), VeveJones007 (09-22-2019), YDFL Commish (09-22-2019)
Old 09-22-2019, 05:08 PM

I think the guy to step up is Ebron (not saying that he hasn't). Have more feature plays for Ebron that would have been calls for TY. Moe-Allie then steps in to Ebron's role and Doyle is still there too. I don't think it's necessary for Cain to suddenly have 6 catches for 140 yards and 2 TD's, but it would be a nice surprise.
Old 09-22-2019, 05:14 PM

Thanked 4,373 Times in 2,519 Posts

Did Chester play today?
Old 09-22-2019, 05:20 PM
Accidental Administrator

I thought ya sin had a rough day, but also had a tough job across from Jones

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."
Old 09-22-2019, 05:21 PM

Did Funchess play either?
Old 09-22-2019, 05:23 PM

Forget that forgot about his injury against the Chargers!
Old 09-22-2019, 05:30 PM

Thanked 2,223 Times in 1,198 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez View Post
I thought ya sin had a rough day, but also had a tough job across from Jones

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Everybody does. He's a fukn beast!
Old 09-22-2019, 05:38 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,610 Times in 2,021 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcolt View Post
Did Funchess play either?
Funchess is hurt and on IR.

That Kenny Moore tackle was great.

If Grady Jarret is a FA next year we should throw dump trucks full of money at him.

We have a lot of decent to good players on this team, but not many stars. TY, maybe Ebron. After that I don’t know.

Big name WRs always shine against us, maybe it’s a lack of a shut down corner. But we can never seem to take away a team’s strength. We just kind of tolerate it or allow it to burn its self out from all the success.

I like Brisset’s poise and escapability. He seems to be getting better, I am cautiously optimistic. I notice he sits in the 15-20 range statistically. I still want to see more of him. I want to see some blow up games. Then I may ease up looking at QBs in the draft. He is showing more touch on throws. Needs to lead his receivers a bit more. Let them run to it. Holds onto that ball too much scanning the field. Gotta get it out. When he does good things happen.

Hunt has disappeared, was he a one year wonder. Still early in the season though.

Team seems to be playing smarter football from week one. If we are missing TY for awhile, they will have to figure something out. Lean on the TEs more, that is where the experience is.

I’m not sure about this defense, those zones are to easy to pick apart. Usually if a guy is in your zone you cover him. But we seem more interested in staying in a spot then running to the ball after it’s thrown.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
Dewey 5 (09-22-2019), omahacolt (09-22-2019)
Old 09-22-2019, 05:43 PM

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,639 Posts

Brissett did a great job of spreading the ball around and getting everyone involved. Great performance by him today.
Old 09-22-2019, 05:58 PM

Thanked 2,223 Times in 1,198 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Hunt has disappeared, was he a one year wonder. Still early in the season though.
This narrative is absolutely true. But didn't he do most of his damage last season before they moved him to NT?