ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-03-2022, 03:29 AM
Post whore

Thanked 4,808 Times in 2,679 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
You're just say a left guard, like Nelson is a JAG. And no a LG will not win you a SB, but neither will any position in the NFL other than QB.

Football is the ultimate team sport. The Colts have a talented team. Unfortunately they are not as talented as needed at the most critical spots.

QB: Ryan can win a SB
LT: We don't have one
Pass Rush: Hopeful that Ngakoue, Paye and Dayo improve that
Pass catching playmakers: Pittman and nothing else

Those arr the most important positions on the field.
I never said he was was just a JAG. Nelson is great, I love the guy. But the rest of your post proves my point. We need playmakers and a damn good LT. It's too late to trade him now though since Ballard let Reed and Glo walk away.

Last edited by Spike; 04-03-2022 at 03:54 AM.
Old 04-03-2022, 04:30 AM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post
I’m gonna love it when Pittman puts up 1500 yards thus season since last year he had a QB that held him back. All the shit talk is fuckin bullshit, dudes a #1 and he’s a threat, Wentz just couldn’t utilize him right
I love Pittman, but Ballards failure to put another great wide receiver next to him is going to hurt him. He will get double or even triple coverage since that POS Ballard hasn't done jack shit to help him. I am souring on Ballard big time. Ballard has the money, spend it!
Old 04-03-2022, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
I never said he was was just a JAG. Nelson is great, I love the guy. But the rest of your post proves my point. We need playmakers and a damn good LT. It's too late to trade him now though since Ballard let Reed and Glo walk away.
Ran into a guy wearing a Vikings shirt today on the disc golf course. Told him Reed would be solid and thanked him for Rhodes.
Old 04-03-2022, 08:28 AM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
A left guard is not going to win you a SB. Let the bullets fly
It takes a team, thank you captain obvious.

It does make the running work. Since the arrival of Nelson, the Colts can run left anytime they want. You think Taylor would be as effective with a JAG at left guard?

Oh, and maybe you misspoke, but if Ballard got only one first rounder for Q, Ballard would be gone.
The Following User Says Thank You to JAFF For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (04-03-2022)
Old 04-03-2022, 08:30 AM
Post whore

Quote:
Only getting one draft pick for Nelson doesnt solve the problem.
Old 04-03-2022, 08:56 AM

Thanked 1,334 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
I love Pittman, but Ballards failure to put another great wide receiver next to him is going to hurt him. He will get double or even triple coverage since that POS Ballard hasn't done jack shit to help him. I am souring on Ballard big time. Ballard has the money, spend it!
You beat me to it. It's going to be tough for MPJ to wrack up yards when he's double and triple covered since he's the only real receiving threat that we have in the WR/TE group.

Last edited by IndyNorm; 04-03-2022 at 09:17 AM.
Old 04-03-2022, 09:11 AM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,138 Times in 645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
You beat me to it. It's going to be tough for MPJ to wrack up yards when he's double and triple covered since he's the only real receiving threat that we had in the WR/TE group.
Hard to double and triple Pitt with 8/9 in the box, I’m saying he will have a monster year
The Following User Says Thank You to apballin For This Useful Post:
JAFF (04-03-2022)
Old 04-03-2022, 10:26 AM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Until we have a real QB (we have one) who can actually run Reich's game plan we have no idea what kind of receivers we have. I keep thinking about all the open receivers in Kurt Warner's video. If they had been hit and hit in stride like Ryan will would we think that they all sucked? How did they get open if they were shit? I'm just throwing out that maybe Ballard is right and the issue isn't that receivers couldn't get open but that the QB couldn't find them. Bottom line for me is I am not that worried about our offense, run or pass. I think it will be top third of NFL at least. The only place I have worries is LT and I'm hoping that Ballard is a better scout than me or most of my friends on this board.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
apballin (04-03-2022), CletusPyle (04-03-2022), JAFF (04-03-2022), Racehorse (04-03-2022)
Old 04-03-2022, 11:18 AM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
It takes a team, thank you captain obvious.

It does make the running work. Since the arrival of Nelson, the Colts can run left anytime they want. You think Taylor would be as effective with a JAG at left guard?

Oh, and maybe you misspoke, but if Ballard got only one first rounder for Q, Ballard would be gone.
Captain obvious? OK, SFB's.

My issue is that Ballard is going to have to pay Q a shit ton of money for a left guard. Let me make it clear again, I love the guy! But this team has way too many holes to fill like weapons, secondary and a LT to be paying a guard the kind of money that is getting talked about.
Old 04-03-2022, 11:30 AM
Post whore

Quote:
Captain obvious? OK, SFB's.

My issue is that Ballard is going to have to pay Q a shit ton of money for a left guard. Let me make it clear again, I love the guy! But this team has way too many holes to fill like weapons, secondary and a LT to be paying a guard the kind of money that is getting talked about.
Sure you can. They filled in holes with Reed and Glowinsky. You draft well and fill gaps with guys who are to expensive for their former team. You draft a guy like our RT, Smith, in the second round.

And IF they trade him, they had better get more than 1 first rounder. He is this generations John Hannah.

And btw, the Steelers did pretty good with Villaneuva as a walk on.
The Following User Says Thank You to JAFF For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (04-03-2022)