ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-13-2023, 01:24 PM

Thanked 2,269 Times in 1,222 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
My dad used to say 'liars figure and figures lie'. This defense is the first on we have had in years that can consistently get pressure on the QB. You cannot win in the playoffs against the QBs we will face without that. It is really good to see finally. We stop the run, when healthy, when it counts. With the corner backs inexperience, and losing the only one with 'experience', I think we have done great. Those CB's have shown something and should only improve over the year. All in all we have been average but most of us would take average as a whole given how young we are in the back field. They are young and should be a much better group with 17 games under their belt. Add to that that we finally have our franchise QB (everyone seems to think this if the reaction to his being injured by the national media is any indication-they think it has buried us) things look pretty damn good for us.

While I agree the individual statistics don't tell the whole story. But in their totality they give you a pretty good idea where we are at the moment. I believe we will play better against the Jags than the 1st meeting and if that's the case, we face some offenses in the coming weeks that are nothing special in Cleveland, New Orleans, Carolina and New England. The defense should be able to feast on those teams.