ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-16-2021, 11:12 PM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Overall interest has waned, largely as a result of the opposite of what Roger has determined everyone wants to see = arcade game scoring and "the chosen ones" always being in the spotlight. I used to be the guy that started watching pre-game shows 3 hours before, wore jerseys, and was in a sweat when the kick off happened of the first game of the day whether it was the Colts or not.

The overall enjoyment of the NFL game has been smothered by ref's that believe we enjoy watching them. The rules structures making it so you can't really play defense has zapped a lot of my desire. Also, I am a firm believer this is merely a very highly choreographed version of the WWE at this point and last Monday night's farce just reinforced that belief. Big gain Dallas, flag. Ridiculous push off on the TD catch- ref just happened to miss it... ALWAYS the way it goes for certain teams.

I still watch the Colts games with great intensity and still feel the blood rushing when I jump up and go crazy over a play, but other games, meh, I'll watch with a casual eye as long as I don't have something else to do.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ChoppedWood For This Useful Post:
BCN#1 (09-17-2021), Oldcolt (09-16-2021), Racehorse (09-17-2021)
Old 09-17-2021, 04:54 AM

I also think we are all probably using other websites for news, and they have messaging systems, and debates of their own that are generated from the article you have just read. Sure you could regurgitate that again on this site, but there is less inclination to do so, hence why it is less active than it ever used to be. Probably a lot more reading of topics on here in relation to the volume of posts. A lot of the posts on here have degenerated way off topic as well, which will have driven some casual users away at a guess.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ukcolt For This Useful Post:
Oldcolt (09-17-2021), Racehorse (09-17-2021)
Old 09-17-2021, 06:39 AM

Thanked 4,374 Times in 2,519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
I know that these may be the reasons we give but I'm not buying into that. I think it is 90% we suck and there are very few reasons for hope early. NFL viewership was up 21% over last year, I know COVID but still. Cle/KC was CBS's most watched first weekend game since 2015. This team needs a complete attitude turnaround Sunday. Playing like we did Sunday is on the coaching staff in my mind.
I think it is because our membership is so low. For some reason, people prefer the stupidity of Facebook groups instead of a message board. Because of the low number, we get fewer posts, and people just find it lacking in value. We need to promote this site to our fans.

On a side note, we do not suck, we just have little chemistry right now.
apballin (09-19-2021), Dewey 5 (09-17-2021), Oldcolt (09-17-2021), omahacolt (09-19-2021)
Old 09-17-2021, 07:13 AM

The combination of losing Luck and Ballard’s slow steady approach have just sucked some of the excitement out of the game for me. Add in the best players being anti-vax (a competitive disadvantage and harmful to the community) and I just can’t find anything to even convince myself this team COULD be special this year. I don’t think the team believes they could be either. I’ll watch every second they play and I’ll get too emotionally invested at times, but I feel like I already know they will ultimately underwhelm me.
The Following User Says Thank You to rm1369 For This Useful Post:
Oldcolt (09-17-2021)
Old 09-17-2021, 09:55 AM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Thanks for the insight. I feel like most of us are kinda in the same place. The only real cure, for me, is winning. It covers a lot of ugly. Win or lose, like the rest of you freaks, I'll be here.
Old 09-17-2021, 12:25 PM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

For me, I'm just tired. It started with Luck being injured so often and then quitting 10 days before the season. We've had years of national trauma, years of a virus killing hundreds of thousands of people, years of propaganda and misinformation and the complete division of society to the point where actual democracy is in deep trouble here. Football, given that context, isn't that important. Also the amount of ads/commercials stuffed into the games at every opportunity drive me away from watching games other than the Colts. The rules seem to be made up on the fly. Nobody can define a catch. Officiating is questionable at best.
And now apparently we're bad enough to be on Hard Knocks. I'll keep watching as best I can, but it's not a "must" anymore. Just my opinion.
Oldcolt (09-17-2021)
Old 09-17-2021, 12:50 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,401 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
I think it is because our membership is so low. For some reason, people prefer the stupidity of Facebook groups instead of a message board. Because of the low number, we get fewer posts, and people just find it lacking in value. We need to promote this site to our fans.

On a side note, we do not suck, we just have little chemistry right now.
I'd be happy to have someone promote this site. Race you want to handle it? Any other takers?

Even though I am basically retired I am probably more busy with the company now than I was 6 months ago. So my time is very limited
Old 09-17-2021, 03:18 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
I'd be happy to have someone promote this site. Race you want to handle it? Any other takers?

Even though I am basically retired I am probably more busy with the company now than I was 6 months ago. So my time is very limited
How would we do that?
Old 09-17-2021, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
Such a horrible concept, damn those Brown people for wanting justice and equality.
It's just the wrong forum...turns people off to the games AND their cause.
Old 09-17-2021, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckColt View Post
It's just the wrong forum...turns people off to the games AND their cause.
One thing I have learned is that someone who complains about the forum of a protest almost always is just using it as an excuse because they don’t support the goal of the protest at all. Looks much better to say “now isn’t the time” than “I just don’t care about that”.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rm1369 For This Useful Post:
Butter (09-17-2021), Colts And Orioles (09-17-2021), omahacolt (09-19-2021)