ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-16-2021, 10:28 AM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts
Default State of the Board

The state of this board tells you everything you need to know about this season so far, even though it's early. I cannot remember it ever being this dead and lacking energy during the season. Hope seems to have taken a flyer, both with us on the board and with what is being written in general about the Colts. We need a statement game Sunday, which I am not sure we are capable of. Scrambling like we are to find offensive lineman and defensive backs this early in the season is a bad look. On the somewhat positive side I think Wentz may be the long term answer at QB, if we don't get him killed. What am I missing?
Old 09-16-2021, 12:10 PM

For me, the thing you are missing is my general lack of interest in the NFL as a whole as it goes more and more woke and pounding the table for social justice.

In my opinion, the reason that folks have traditionally watched sports is for a "relief" from the worries and tribulations of life.

No matter what else was happening in your life or in the world, you could tune into a game and tune out of the world for 3 hours watching two teams compete on a level playing field. May the best team win.

Now? The "struggle for..." and the "fight against...." are brought up a fair amount. COVID restrictions on those not willing to get the shot border on insane. Rulings on the field that fly in the face of what you are seeing with your own eyes cheapen my enjoyment of the game. And, yeah, outside of the first two series last Sunday, our O-Line was just a train wreck.

Regardless of where the Colts franchise is, my overall desire to watch any NFL product is just a lot less than it was even a couple of years ago.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Ironshaft For This Useful Post:
BCN#1 (09-17-2021), CanuckColt (09-17-2021), CletusPyle (09-18-2021), Hoopsdoc (09-17-2021), Indystu2 (09-23-2021), Lov2fish (09-16-2021), Luck4Reich (09-16-2021), NextManUp (09-18-2021), njcoltfan (09-16-2021), Oldcolt (09-16-2021), Racehorse (09-17-2021)
Old 09-16-2021, 12:55 PM

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,639 Posts

I think life balance has more to do with it.. I personally work a lot more now than pre Covid.. I was out of work a few months as well as Covid happened right in the middle of us buying a house... So it fell through.. not to mention lost family members and friends. I am still excited about the season and am hopeful but for me Football has taken more of a back seat. I, like others I am sure just have so much that has happened or is happening in their lives thanks to this pandemic.

Not to mention I have a 5 year old daughter who acts like she is turning 15. I get on here when I can.. lunch breaks etc.

Hopefully the Colts can get their shit together and get us all a little more excited.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luck4Reich For This Useful Post:
apballin (09-19-2021), Oldcolt (09-16-2021)
Old 09-16-2021, 01:30 PM

I know that these may be the reasons we give but I'm not buying into that. I think it is 90% we suck and there are very few reasons for hope early. NFL viewership was up 21% over last year, I know COVID but still. Cle/KC was CBS's most watched first weekend game since 2015. This team needs a complete attitude turnaround Sunday. Playing like we did Sunday is on the coaching staff in my mind.
The Following User Says Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
Luck4Reich (09-16-2021)
Old 09-16-2021, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
I know that these may be the reasons we give but I'm not buying into that. I think it is 90% we suck and there are very few reasons for hope early. NFL viewership was up 21% over last year, I know COVID but still. Cle/KC was CBS's most watched first weekend game since 2015. This team needs a complete attitude turnaround Sunday. Playing like we did Sunday is on the coaching staff in my mind.
I live on the Jersey shore and almost never get to see the Colts, so I watch the RED Zone, and that was really depressing because last week any time they went to the Colt game it was to watch the Seachickens either score or stop the Colts, I do believe that this Colt team is not as good as we had hoped, as far as this board being inactive, whats there to be excited about, this is a team right now with a lot of injuries, and the updates we get are very generic. We did sign a safety that is older than me, yipee !!!
The Following User Says Thank You to njcoltfan For This Useful Post:
Oldcolt (09-16-2021)
Old 09-16-2021, 03:16 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,268 Times in 2,016 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post

I know that these may be the reasons we give but I'm not buying into that. I think it is that 90% we suck, and there are very few reasons for hope early. NFL viewer-ship was up 21% over last year, I know that COVID has been a major factor, but still ...... Cleveland/KC was CBS's most watched first weekend game since 2015. This team needs a complete attitude turnaround on Sunday. Playing like we did against the Seahwaks in Week 1 is on the coaching staff, in my mind.

o

I don't think that we suck. We sucked in the first game of the season against Russell Wilson's Seahawks, but I don't think that we suck overall. I believe that were are a solid team with a good, mobile QB (as opposed to last season, when we had a good, immobile QB.)

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
apballin (09-19-2021), Oldcolt (09-16-2021)
Old 09-16-2021, 04:14 PM

Thanked 2,503 Times in 1,475 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironshaft View Post
For me, the thing you are missing is my general lack of interest in the NFL as a whole as it goes more and more woke and pounding the table for social justice.

In my opinion, the reason that folks have traditionally watched sports is for a "relief" from the worries and tribulations of life.

No matter what else was happening in your life or in the world, you could tune into a game and tune out of the world for 3 hours watching two teams compete on a level playing field. May the best team win.

Now? The "struggle for..." and the "fight against...." are brought up a fair amount. COVID restrictions on those not willing to get the shot border on insane. Rulings on the field that fly in the face of what you are seeing with your own eyes cheapen my enjoyment of the game. And, yeah, outside of the first two series last Sunday, our O-Line was just a train wreck.

Regardless of where the Colts franchise is, my overall desire to watch any NFL product is just a lot less than it was even a couple of years ago.
My interest in the NFL has waned a bit just for me getting older and having a kid which occupies what free time I used to have.

That said, I'm really not noticing anything very "woke" out there, at least from a tv perspective, and I still try to watch every Colts game I can.
omahacolt (09-19-2021)
Old 09-16-2021, 06:03 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

I work in a petri dish, and that was before the world disaster that will not be named. I’m tired. This is my last year of full employment, I will retire in the spring.

Its hard to get fired up for football when Im just trying to end my career and hopefully be heading into the future, despite all of the uncertainty of recent times.

I am hoping for a calmer Weekend this week, pour myself some small batch and see a good game
Old 09-16-2021, 06:49 PM

C&O I get your point, but at this point in the season (way early) we suck. Now I'm hoping the last game was an aberration. Like you I feel we have a talented group. But until we play better (this Sunday I hope) I'll stand by we suck.
Old 09-16-2021, 09:43 PM

Thanked 2,239 Times in 1,170 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironshaft View Post
Such a horrible concept, damn those Brown people for wanting justice and equality.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Butter For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (09-16-2021), Coltsalr (09-19-2021), omahacolt (09-19-2021), rm1369 (09-16-2021), TheMugwump (09-16-2021)