ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-13-2021, 07:16 AM

Thanked 1,899 Times in 926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck4Reich View Post
Nah. I think this team is better than that. Bears haven't been a measure stick in what seems like 40 years lol

I think they come out a much different team next week. I bet Fisher starts and the line looks better as well.
The Rams are a better team than Seattle. Their defense is number 1 and now they have Stafford. I think they’re winning it all.

We’re not beating LA unless we play a pretty damn good game, which I’m not confident we will.
Old 09-13-2021, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
The Rams are a better team than Seattle. Their defense is number 1 and now they have Stafford. I think they’re winning it all.

We’re not beating LA unless we play a pretty damn good game, which I’m not confident we will.
They may beat us but they're NOT winning it all. You have way too much confidence in Stafford.
Old 09-13-2021, 08:22 AM

Thanked 1,899 Times in 926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwilli57 View Post
They may beat us but they're NOT winning it all. You have way too much confidence in Stafford.
Stafford in Detroit wasn’t a problem.

Stafford in LA paired with Mcvay is a BIG problem.
Old 09-13-2021, 12:49 PM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

Oddly enough, I'm not even a bit upset. The off-season was a rollercoaster and the team didn't look ready. Russell Wilson is always going to win that game given those circumstances. We go again Sunday. Rams are currently favored -4 in Indianapolis.
CaliColtsFan (09-13-2021)
Old 09-13-2021, 12:59 PM

Thanked 1,477 Times in 815 Posts

I dont get upset about the colts anymore, maybe that just comes with age. I was disappointed with the performance of the lines though. If we can get that cleaned up I think we will have a pretty decent year, but are definitely not championship ready.

If we play next week like yesterday, its going to be real ugly against the rams.
The Following User Says Thank You to rcubed For This Useful Post:
Brylok (09-13-2021)
Old 09-13-2021, 01:25 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,270 Times in 2,017 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post

Seeing the Rams destroy Chicago has me convinced we’re starting out 0-2.

They’re gonna kill us.

o

They very well may kill us, but don't underestimate the ability of this franchise to right the ship with a win when it is most needed. 8 years ago, the 1-1 Colts were expected to get destroyed when they went to San Francisco to play the defending NFC champion 49ers with their young, mobile quarterback (Colin Kaepernick.) The Colts had barely gotten by the lowly Raiders on Opening Day, and lost to the Dolphins in Week 2. Dwight Mathis led a surprisingly dominant Colts defense to a 27-7 thumping of the 'Niners that afternoon, on their home-field.

http://www.jt-sw.com/football/boxes/...2013-03-ind-sf

Yes, Mathis and pretty much everybody from that team are gone (including the head coach and his assistants), but it is still part of Horseshoe history, and there have been more recent examples of this team/franchise staring down seemingly inevitable disaster and coming through with a W. Just last season after losing to the Ravens, the Colts were facing the 6-2, 1st-place Tennessee Titans on their home-field in Nashville. Ryan Tannehill was in the midst of the best season of his career (33 TD's, 7 INT's.) The Colts' defense shut down Tannehill and company in the 2nd half on their way to a decisive, 34-17 victory.

http://www.jt-sw.com/football/boxes/...020-10-ind-ten

The following week, the Colts unexpectedly beat Aaron Rogers' Packers in OT on national television.

http://www.jt-sw.com/football/boxes/...2020-11-gb-ind

The odds may be against them, but don't necessarily count out the Colts when they are staring into the face of the abyss.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
CaliColtsFan (09-13-2021), Spike (09-13-2021)
Old 09-13-2021, 01:51 PM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcubed View Post
I dont get upset about the colts anymore, maybe that just comes with age.
I was thinking about this yesterday. It seems to me that the further we get away from the Manning days and the (good) Luck days, losing doesn't bother me as much anymore. Especially losing the first game as has become tradition. I'm middle age now, not "old", but I'm not upset for a week anymore if we lose. A loss deep in the playoffs might do it, but we usually don't get there anyway.
omahacolt (09-13-2021)
Old 09-13-2021, 02:33 PM

Thanked 1,477 Times in 815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brylok View Post
I was thinking about this yesterday. It seems to me that the further we get away from the Manning days and the (good) Luck days, losing doesn't bother me as much anymore. Especially losing the first game as has become tradition. I'm middle age now, not "old", but I'm not upset for a week anymore if we lose. A loss deep in the playoffs might do it, but we usually don't get there anyway.
Same. I am 46 now and with all the other thing I have going on, work, kids, house, etc, I just dont have time or energy to get that worked up with a loss. When I was younger it bothered me a lot more.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rcubed For This Useful Post:
Brylok (09-13-2021), CaliColtsFan (09-13-2021)
Old 09-13-2021, 03:20 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

At 68 it bugs you even less. Life ends up hitting everyone with things that really count. I still get pissed big time, but it doesn't last once the freaking game is over. If I stopped getting pissed I'd stop watching because, for me, it would mean I don't care. I enjoy nothing better than watching the Colts turn it around. Hoping they do it again but think we are a year away from competing for championship. I will enjoy watching Paye et al improve to the point of dominating.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
Brylok (09-13-2021), JAFF (09-13-2021), Racehorse (09-13-2021), rcubed (09-13-2021), smitty46953 (09-14-2021)
Old 09-13-2021, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate505 View Post
Play calling and coaching decisions were abysmal. Not kicking the FG to get out to one possession was one of the more atrocious coaching decisions I've ever seen.
Seems like you could say this after each game the last 3 years. SSDD.

This coaching staff sucks.