ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-02-2021, 10:31 AM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

When the NFL decided how to deal with unvaccinated players they made vaccines an issue. We are at a huge competitive disadvantage. Am I supposed to ignore that?
Old 09-02-2021, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Yes. I had the choice whether to join or not. I was not drafted.
None of my friends had that choice. They were drafted.
Old 09-02-2021, 10:34 AM
Historian

Thanked 3,267 Times in 2,015 Posts

o

Whether we like it or not, this subject is going to be a major factor throughout the 2021 NFL season ...... so, "Shut up and play" is not an option if we have players on the COVID list.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 09-02-2021, 10:36 AM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

The season hasn't even started and I'm tired of it already.
Oldcolt (09-02-2021), Racehorse (09-02-2021)
Old 09-02-2021, 10:45 AM

Thanked 2,503 Times in 1,475 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brylok View Post
I wish I wasn't hearing about it at all. If I were a Falcons fan (think god I'm not, but still), I wouldn't be, as they are actually 100% vaccinated.

As it stands, I'm a Colts fan, and the Colts are at the other end of the spectrum, so thus I have to hear about it a lot. And it would be another thing if it were just the Zack Paschal's of the world who were out, but for the Colts it's affecting the starting QB, Pro Bowl Guard, Pro Bowl Center, and may affect guys like the Pro Bowl LB.
Colts And Orioles (09-02-2021)
Old 09-02-2021, 11:07 AM

Thanked 1,896 Times in 923 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brylok View Post
This season has sucked since the 2nd day of training camp.

I feel like it’s only gonna go downhill from here.
Old 09-02-2021, 01:20 PM

Thanked 1,556 Times in 884 Posts

Respectfully Puck, it is a huge deal, and a public safety issue.

If it were just the matter of those who don't get the shot getting sick(er) and dying at a higher rate, that is one thing. A sad thing, but not really my business.

If it were just additionally that these non-vaccinated folks were overcrowding emergency rooms and taking critical care beds from vaccinated folks with other conditions (my father-in-law, for example could not get into a hospital in Buffalo last weekend to get a blockage treated, and with only one kidney, it could have ended up killing him), then that would be bordering on a national emergency, but still, as a Naval veteran I can see the argument that they should have the choice to not get the shot.

But now, these large numbers of unvaccinated folks are becoming petri dishes for newer and even more resistant variants of Covid. The Delta is only the beginning. You want to lose more sleep at night? Read up on the Mu variant, which is apparently able to evade the immunity that people with the vaccine have. Granted, Mu did not develop here in the US, but the point is that more people who are unvaccinated means more potential spots for viral mutations, which means the virus will become even deadlier and harder to stop.

THAT is why we should all care, before this thing mutates into Captain Trips, and 99.9% of us are gone.

This, to me, makes the protests of a few football players moot.

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TheMugwump For This Useful Post:
apballin (09-02-2021), ATrain (09-03-2021), Chromeburn (09-02-2021), Colts And Orioles (09-02-2021), Coltsalr (09-06-2021), YDFL Commish (09-02-2021)
Old 09-02-2021, 03:08 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,615 Times in 2,023 Posts

Everyone is frustrated, everyone is sick of the pandemic. It’s seemingly invaded every aspect of life. It would be nice to not talk about with the Colts, but they are one of the lowest vaxed teams. It’s going to affect them. Hopefully we don’t lose games bc of it.
Old 09-02-2021, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMugwump View Post
Respectfully Puck, it is a huge deal, and a public safety issue.

If it were just the matter of those who don't get the shot getting sick(er) and dying at a higher rate, that is one thing. A sad thing, but not really my business.

If it were just additionally that these non-vaccinated folks were overcrowding emergency rooms and taking critical care beds from vaccinated folks with other conditions (my father-in-law, for example could not get into a hospital in Buffalo last weekend to get a blockage treated, and with only one kidney, it could have ended up killing him), then that would be bordering on a national emergency, but still, as a Naval veteran I can see the argument that they should have the choice to not get the shot.

But now, these large numbers of unvaccinated folks are becoming petri dishes for newer and even more resistant variants of Covid. The Delta is only the beginning. You want to lose more sleep at night? Read up on the Mu variant, which is apparently able to evade the immunity that people with the vaccine have. Granted, Mu did not develop here in the US, but the point is that more people who are unvaccinated means more potential spots for viral mutations, which means the virus will become even deadlier and harder to stop.

THAT is why we should all care, before this thing mutates into Captain Trips, and 99.9% of us are gone.

This, to me, makes the protests of a few football players moot.

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.

I have stayed out of this fray until now but cannot help but weigh in as this goes to the smack talk area or to hell or wherever.

I work in a contract reserach organization and currently have a team dedicted to Pfizer Covid Lightspeed studies, among other pharma/biotech/research clients. I have folks on Janssen, AZ and Curevac among others.

As for jabs - I was stuck with AZ (not my choice in Spain) and as a 3rd party participant, I stand behind the Pfizer product 100% and have confidence in the others though I am more in tune with the data from Pfizer. As mentioned, I see the data and half the crap I have seen on this board and threads are simply mind boggling. Gawd help us but I promise you the pharma companies are not involved with Bill Gates and controlling us with mind altering nanobots and most of the other bizarre shit I have been reading on the interwebs.

I am also a Navy 20 year vet as an HMC and stand behind the need and also get the my choice stuff. Bottom line, look at the real facts and not the internet conspriacy carp. Then look at the numbers now in ICU and check who is vaccinated or not.... Jeebus Key-Rist on a crutch !!!

Soapbox now stored and venting done.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BCN#1 For This Useful Post:
apballin (09-02-2021), Chromeburn (09-02-2021), Coltsalr (09-06-2021), omahacolt (09-04-2021)
Old 09-02-2021, 03:38 PM

this Stfu column is the only thing active on this site. Guess that means nobody wants to Stfu about this. Wentz had a long diatribe today about why he isn't vaccinated. Said nothing except that it is personal and an ongoing decision. Apparently he has thought a lot about it. Not sure what to make of what he said but do appreciate his willingness to be peppered with questions. He knew it wouldn't be pleasant.