ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-13-2021, 07:12 PM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcubed View Post
Same. I am 46 now...
Me too, minus the wife and kids tho.
Old 09-13-2021, 07:59 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

With all the stuff going on in the world, losing an nfl game is a minor inconvenience. I’m 63 and have lost friends and neighbors. Not just to the pandemic. With all the craziness, my family is safe, Im a year from retirement, and maybe paying for a wedding.

Im hoping for a better game this week
Old 09-14-2021, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
At 68 it bugs you even less. Life ends up hitting everyone with things that really count. I still get pissed big time, but it doesn't last once the freaking game is over. If I stopped getting pissed I'd stop watching because, for me, it would mean I don't care. I enjoy nothing better than watching the Colts turn it around. Hoping they do it again but think we are a year away from competing for championship. I will enjoy watching Paye et al improve to the point of dominating.
I'm close to 75, and it pissed me off when Unitas lost, it pissed me off when Jones lost, it pissed me off when Manning lost, it pissed me off when Luck lost, it pisses me off whenever the Colts lose !
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to njcoltfan For This Useful Post:
apballin (09-19-2021), CaliColtsFan (09-14-2021), Colts And Orioles (09-14-2021), Dewey 5 (01-03-2022), JAFF (09-14-2021), Luck4Reich (09-14-2021), Oldcolt (09-14-2021), Racehorse (09-15-2021), Spike (09-18-2021)
Old 09-18-2021, 09:46 AM
Post whore

Thanked 3,610 Times in 2,021 Posts

You guys were pissed after last weeks results. We could have both tackles out this week. It will get ugly. We might keep that first round pick after all if last week was a clue.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (09-18-2021)
Old 09-19-2021, 05:01 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,266 Times in 2,014 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

I'm going to overreact by saying that Carson Wentz' numbers for today's game (25-for-38 with 2 TD's and 0 INT's) bodes well for the future of the Colts' 2021 season.

o
o

A similar overreaction, on the positive side ...... I was very impressed with Carson Wentz today, especially with his ability to avoid sacks. Philip Rivers probably would have gone down at least 5 or 6 times today under similar pressure if he had decided to come back for another season.

Also, I am actually hoping that Wentz' injury is a twisted ankle, even though they are a bitch to try to heal in a short period time ...... I think that it would be much worse if he re-injured the foot that he just had surgery on, reminding somewhat of Peyton Manning's final season with the Broncos when he missed almost half the season with plantar fasciitis, and could only play effectively for about 2 and-a-half quarters when he did come back for the final game of the regular season and the playoffs.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
The Following User Says Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (09-19-2021)
Old 09-19-2021, 05:05 PM
Historian

o

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Wentz had surgery on the left foot. Today, he injured the lower right leg/foot ...... my bad.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 01-03-2022, 11:32 AM
Historian

o

(JANUARY 3rd)

1) l Carson Wentz is the worst quarterback in the history of the NFL (and the AFL.)

2) l This Colts team has no spine ...... I don't care that they beat the Bills on the road, the Patriots in a nationally-televised game, and the Cardinals with almost their entire starting lineup missing. When push comes to shove, I know that they will find a way to lose the big game. Yesterday afternoon was the quintessential example of that.

3) l Jonathan Taylor is overrated. The guy gained 108 yard rushing yesterday, and he still couldn't find a way to vault his team to a victory ...... talk about all flash and no substance.

4) l Darius Leonard is overrated. Yeah, sure, he saved the Colts 10 points yesterday by forcing Marcus Mariota to fumble which made the Raiders have to settle for a field goal instead of a touchdown. And in doing so, he allowed the Colts enough time to score a touchdown of their own right before halftime ...... but what about that useless INT that he had in the 2nd half ??? The Colts' offense couldn't do a damned thing with it. If Leonard were REALLY as good as everybody says that he is, his INT would have inspired that useless putz of a quarterback that we have to lead the offense to put at least 3 points on the board in the ensuing drive.

5) l I have rooted my final game for this gutless organization. I don't know why I stayed with them this long ...... that appearance in the 1971 AFC championship game got me hooked, but enough is enough. Right then and there, I should have known better than to be rooting for a team that loses a championship game by a score of 21-0. I'll cut myself come slack because of the fact that was only 6 years-old at the time, but now that I'm 56 I know better.

o

The Following User Says Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (01-03-2022)
Old 01-03-2022, 12:32 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

It is not an overreaction to say Wentz has shown exactly zero ability to play under pressure. He makes a great throw once in a while, but makes up for that by missing throws almost any reliable QB could make. He is a whiner who takes no responsibility for himself, a shit leader. We win in spite of the guy. He and Frank have bonded on a much deeper level than football so he will never leave this team as long as Reich is our coach. For me he is the least likable, most difficult Colt QB to root for since Schlichter.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
albany ed (01-03-2022), Dewey 5 (01-03-2022), rcubed (01-03-2022)
Old 01-03-2022, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
It is not an overreaction to say Wentz has shown exactly zero ability to play under pressure. He makes a great throw once in a while, but makes up for that by missing throws almost any reliable QB could make. He is a whiner who takes no responsibility for himself, a shit leader. We win in spite of the guy. He and Frank have bonded on a much deeper level than football so he will never leave this team as long as Reich is our coach. For me he is the least likable, most difficult Colt QB to root for since Schlichter.
He himself is not a winner. I’ve felt that way for awhile. However, I do believe you can win with him at QB. And they’ll have too. Not because him and Frank have bonded, but because the rest of the roster is too far along to upgrade the position. Are you going to waste Taylor, Leonard, Buckner, Nelson’s, etc primes shuffling through QBs? No. And Wentz is just capable enough that actually improving the position is not a given with any move that doesn’t gut the team and starts over.

I don’t like Wentz and I don’t trust Wentz. But I wanted the team to identify their guy, go get him, and then support him to try to win. They chose Wentz. Now they have to go get him another receiver that can create separation, build a D that doesn’t live just on turnovers, and continue working with him to improve. It’s what most of the league has dealt with while we have been spoiled. I don’t think Wentz is a winner, but I believe Ballard and Reich are. It’s their job to make this work. I’m optimistic.
The Following User Says Thank You to rm1369 For This Useful Post:
Oldcolt (01-03-2022)
Old 01-03-2022, 01:11 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
He himself is not a winner. I’ve felt that way for awhile. However, I do believe you can win with him at QB. And they’ll have too. Not because him and Frank have bonded, but because the rest of the roster is too far along to upgrade the position. Are you going to waste Taylor, Leonard, Buckner, Nelson’s, etc primes shuffling through QBs? No. And Wentz is just capable enough that actually improving the position is not a given with any move that doesn’t gut the team and starts over.

I don’t like Wentz and I don’t trust Wentz. But I wanted the team to identify their guy, go get him, and then support him to try to win. They chose Wentz. Now they have to go get him another receiver that can create separation, build a D that doesn’t live just on turnovers, and continue working with him to improve. It’s what most of the league has dealt with while we have been spoiled. I don’t think Wentz is a winner, but I believe Ballard and Reich are. It’s their job to make this work. I’m optimistic.
Agree with your whole post except the last sentence. Worse and inconsistent QB's have won the SB before, so it isn't impossible. I am not optimistic however.