ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-26-2019, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Ebron put himself on IR and the coach’s didn’t seem to think there was a problem and that he has been healthy. The Luck retirement had a lot of far reaching implications. It may affect Ebron’s contract, Funchess’, etc. I think Ebron is gone. I think things were doing more harm to his rep than good. Deon Cain is gone. I think the receivers know that JB isn’t the guy and can’t throw the ball. League is catching up also.
What you say here makes practical sense to me. It looks like TE targets and receptions are down substantially from the Luck years, though I'd think that someone like Brissett who seems to favor the short passing game would make more use of his TEs.
Old 11-26-2019, 12:43 PM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
What you say here makes practical sense to me. It looks like TE targets and receptions are down substantially from the Luck years, though I'd think that someone like Brissett who seems to favor the short passing game would make more use of his TEs.
The TEs are usually blocking since we're a running team now because we can't throw. Ebron is not good at blocking either, so that's another reason he'll be leaving.
Old 11-26-2019, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brylok View Post
The TEs are usually blocking since we're a running team now because we can't throw. Ebron is not good at blocking either, so that's another reason he'll be leaving.
Yep. But this discussion is bumming me out.
Old 11-26-2019, 01:02 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,610 Times in 2,021 Posts

Quote:
Well I’m imagining what it is like in the meetings during the week. The amount of material the fans are putting out on twitter, Reddit, and Colts forums is mounting. I bet there is much more material in the meetings. The mis-reads, wide open guys, Doyle was wide open for several plays in the middle of the field. Having a franchise QB makes FA acquisitions so much easier, these guys want to win. Clearly Ebron wants to move on, and he will get a good payday from someone. New Orleans would be a good destination for him.

These are just the things we are catching. In the meetings they know how the plays are designed, what the progression is. Doyle was wide open on a play and JB decided to run on a bad knee. That tells me he can’t diagnose, or he is seeing ghosts, or he is scared to pull the trigger. The second is fixable, the other two are big issues. But you can’t have a QB that won’t pull the trigger. It’s anathema in the pros, defenses will feast on us. We may start seeing nine guys in the box. It’s not going to get fixed this year unless he just says ‘fuck it’ and starts slinging it. I think his career as a starter is on the line. Ballard is out scouting QBs, I think the writing is on the wall. Not to over use idioms, but ball is in his court, up to JB to improve. There are worse things than being a career backup in the league. Your health might be even better than the starters after retirement.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (11-26-2019)
Old 11-26-2019, 01:03 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Yep. But this discussion is bumming me out.
It’s just what happens when you lose a franchise QB. We have a good GM and staff and they should fix it, just not this season unfortunately.
Old 11-26-2019, 01:04 PM

Thanked 1,304 Times in 712 Posts

He'll probably sign with the Cowboys. Witten will go back into retirement and they'll sign Ebron.
Old 11-26-2019, 01:59 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniac View Post
He'll probably sign with the Cowboys. Witten will go back into retirement and they'll sign Ebron.
Would be a good spot for him also. I’m not sure about Dak’s touch in his throws. He needs a QB with good touch.
Old 11-26-2019, 02:38 PM

Thanked 4,282 Times in 1,750 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcubed View Post
You are better than this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is he though?
The Following User Says Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (11-26-2019)
Old 11-26-2019, 06:13 PM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Well I’m imagining what it is like in the meetings during the week. The amount of material the fans are putting out on twitter, Reddit, and Colts forums is mounting. I bet there is much more material in the meetings. The mis-reads, wide open guys, Doyle was wide open for several plays in the middle of the field. Having a franchise QB makes FA acquisitions so much easier, these guys want to win. Clearly Ebron wants to move on, and he will get a good payday from someone. New Orleans would be a good destination for him.

These are just the things we are catching. In the meetings they know how the plays are designed, what the progression is. Doyle was wide open on a play and JB decided to run on a bad knee. That tells me he can’t diagnose, or he is seeing ghosts, or he is scared to pull the trigger. The second is fixable, the other two are big issues. But you can’t have a QB that won’t pull the trigger. It’s anathema in the pros, defenses will feast on us. We may start seeing nine guys in the box. It’s not going to get fixed this year unless he just says ‘fuck it’ and starts slinging it. I think his career as a starter is on the line. Ballard is out scouting QBs, I think the writing is on the wall. Not to over use idioms, but ball is in his court, up to JB to improve. There are worse things than being a career backup in the league. Your health might be even better than the starters after retirement.
Agree- last 5 games, there better be 30+ throws a game and they better be risk takers too- gotta prove he can do it in the face of a rapidly declining playoff chance but defenses that are going to be set up to give up yards if he's willing to chuck it. Throw the fucking ball JB!
Old 11-26-2019, 06:51 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,134 Times in 642 Posts

Definitely a fallout from Luck, but whatever next man up he wasn’t getting re signed anyway. Don’t need a diva TE anyway crying for the ball and not stepping up when we need him the most
The Following User Says Thank You to apballin For This Useful Post:
Oldcolt (11-26-2019)