ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 09-16-2019, 08:44 AM

Thanked 2,568 Times in 1,147 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Guy hit a 61 yarder in pre game warm ups. Might be a case of the yips. Everyone wants to shuffle him off but grass may not be greener with some dude off the street.
He has also dealt with a few injuries this season. He missed a good portion of camp and preseason activities due to a knee injury. Might have been more newsworthy but the Luck saga overshadowed it. I also saw mention of a toe injury which would probably hurt while kicking if it is on either the kicking foot or the planting foot.

AV downplayed the injury talk after the first game. Reich did the same. However, the injuries may now be healed or at a point where it is "good enough to go and play football" but he may have developed a few hitches in his normal mechanics to compensate for the injury. He mentioned that he saw a few problems with his mechanics when he reviewed the video of Game 1.
Old 09-16-2019, 09:21 AM

Thanked 1,889 Times in 921 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Guy hit a 61 yarder in pre game warm ups. Might be a case of the yips. Everyone wants to shuffle him off but grass may not be greener with some dude off the street.
I’d MUCH MUCH rather take my chances that Vinny figures this out than bring in some dude off the street.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hoopsdoc For This Useful Post:
Chromeburn (09-16-2019)
Old 09-16-2019, 10:16 AM

Thanked 1,304 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
I’d MUCH MUCH rather take my chances that Vinny figures this out than bring in some dude off the street.
I would much rather they let Sanchez take over PK duties instead of continuing to struggle there. It almost cost this team 2 games already.
Old 09-16-2019, 11:27 AM

You are saying you want to go into a live contest with a guy who has never kicked a FG in the NFL than with the greatest kicker of all time. Sanchez kicking would also necessitate a new holder as well.
Old 09-16-2019, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcolt View Post
You are saying you want to go into a live contest with a guy who has never kicked a FG in the NFL than with the greatest kicker of all time. Sanchez kicking would also necessitate a new holder as well.
We have had 2 games so far this season. Vinatieri lost one game for us and almost lost the second one for us as well.

Look, I appreciate what he has done for us. We wouldn't have won a superbowl without him because he won that Ravens game for us that year, but it's pretty clear that there is an issue, and if Adam is considering retiring, it's something of concern, so yeah, at this point, I would rather go with a younger guy, and if we have a guy on the team who can do it, why not? I'm sure they'll bring in another kicker. If Sanchez is better than him, then let that guy be the holder.
Old 09-16-2019, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcolt View Post
Nostalgia will only get you so far. In the NFL you are paid to win games. Right now he is not doing that, or contributing to winning games. They cut friggin Peyton Manning, Vinny is not beyond approach. It is a what have you done for me lately business. Right now he hasn't done much.

I am a huge Adam fan, have one of his jersey's and he will go down as the greatest kicker in history. Every athlete wants to ride off in the sunset as a champion, but that is a rarity. Most go out making a mockery of their once great career. I don't want to see him degrade himself on the way to the hall of fame.
Old 09-16-2019, 12:59 PM

Thanked 1,647 Times in 790 Posts

Sanchez will not be taking over as the placekicker, because no team is stupid enough to have only 1 kicker on the roster. If AV stays on the team, he kicks. If he retires, then a new PK will be signed.
Old 09-16-2019, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierinFL View Post
Sanchez will not be taking over as the placekicker, because no team is stupid enough to have only 1 kicker on the roster. If AV stays on the team, he kicks. If he retires, then a new PK will be signed.
I didn't say for them to have only one kicker on the roster. I think they should sign someone and let that person and Sanchez compete for it. If Sanchez wins the job, then the other guy would be the backup and holder. If the other guy they sign is better, then that's great.
Old 09-16-2019, 01:57 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysSunnyinIndy View Post
He has also dealt with a few injuries this season. He missed a good portion of camp and preseason activities due to a knee injury. Might have been more newsworthy but the Luck saga overshadowed it. I also saw mention of a toe injury which would probably hurt while kicking if it is on either the kicking foot or the planting foot.

AV downplayed the injury talk after the first game. Reich did the same. However, the injuries may now be healed or at a point where it is "good enough to go and play football" but he may have developed a few hitches in his normal mechanics to compensate for the injury. He mentioned that he saw a few problems with his mechanics when he reviewed the video of Game 1.
All that would certainly mess with your kicking mechanics.
Old 09-16-2019, 02:31 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lov2fish View Post
Nostalgia will only get you so far. In the NFL you are paid to win games. Right now he is not doing that, or contributing to winning games. They cut friggin Peyton Manning, Vinny is not beyond approach. It is a what have you done for me lately business. Right now he hasn't done much.

I am a huge Adam fan, have one of his jersey's and he will go down as the greatest kicker in history. Every athlete wants to ride off in the sunset as a champion, but that is a rarity. Most go out making a mockery of their once great career. I don't want to see him degrade himself on the way to the hall of fame.
It's not nostalgia for me. I honestly don't really care about kickers and I think it is a little silly to have one as your main captain. But I appreciate the security a good one gives you.

But to me it's like saying we're gonna replace Tiger Woods with a golf pro from the local country club. I would rather ride Woods and hope he gets his swing back. We have had some good kickers over the years, we may find out what most other teams go through with their kicking woes.