ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-26-2019, 11:22 AM

Thanked 1,902 Times in 928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpaceman View Post
I agree with this too

I started out a very long new thread on this, but didn't have time to do it justice this morning and frankly getting a bit sick of talking about it. Might do it sometime, but suffice it to say, I think this is exactly the case. I don't think anything is wrong with his ankle or calf, its a nice excuse to stop.

And I also think Ballard and Reich, maybe Irsay too, know there is nothing wrong with is ankle. They got sick of the continued procrastinating and symptoms of pain with no cause found and finally had a sit down, come to Jesus talk with him and said "Look your leg is fine, nothing physically wrong. We need a decision, are you playing this year or not? If you aren't ready for the season, we are moving on, we can't do this 'Will he or won't he' anymore, you are either all in on this or you need to retire" He chose to retire.

I think that is why it happened in the last few weeks. Camp was over, preseason is ending, season is starting, they needed a decision from him. Nothing physically is found wrong, are you playing or not?
Last year, he said, was the most fun he’s ever had playing football. It just doesn’t make sense that he’d go from that to total burnout in a matter of months.

Then again, nothing about this whole deal makes sense.
Old 08-26-2019, 11:29 AM

Thanked 2,250 Times in 1,174 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
Last year, he said, was the most fun he’s ever had playing football. It just doesn’t make sense that he’d go from that to total burnout in a matter of months.

Then again, nothing about this whole deal makes sense.
I think there are things we do not know and never will. Some of it is simply not our business. The timing sucks, but I would guess Luck was having a hard time comin gto a final decision and the team was doing what it could to get him back on track and playing. I hate it, it is a bad look for him and the team, but it is what it is.
The Following User Says Thank You to Butter For This Useful Post:
Oldcolt (08-29-2019)
Old 08-26-2019, 11:31 AM
Post whore

Thanked 3,682 Times in 2,058 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierinFL View Post
Exactly. They end up equating his early retirement with some form of treason. The NFL needs to quit this military bootlicking nonsense. And they need to stop having a national anthem before every game, military flyovers and a color guard. What even is the point of that?
Save that shit for government functions, state funerals, etc. Its a fucking football game.
It's all marketing, strategy, and manipulation of the customer. I have a love hate relationship with advertising. I love the creativity and new ideas in it, but I hate that it is all ultimately curved towards manipulating people to buy your product. And it works it way into everything now. They want to associate themselves with patriotism and nationalism, become America's game. You support the military, well you should support our product as well, but it's just a corporation.

Reminds me of this Exec for a coal mining company, he would go out to these worker rally's dressed head to toe in American paraphernalia, he looked like a flag threw up on him. He would talk about sacrifice, supporting coal workers and the industry etc, but the policies he supported were anything but. Lowering safety standards for workers and they laid off tons of employees but made sure the execs got exorbitant multi-million payouts. It's all bullshit.

Last edited by Chromeburn; 08-27-2019 at 04:03 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (08-26-2019), VeveJones007 (08-26-2019)
Old 08-26-2019, 12:01 PM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brylok View Post
I don't even think he's injured. Doctors and medical staff of all sort couldn't find anything wrong with his ankle. He had been moving fine in training sessions. He's just mentally shot and checked out, using the "ankle injury" as an excuse to quit.
Completely agree... completely, he wanted out and needed a means to grease the skids. Dude is too bright to just come out and say "yeah, I decided a while back I was just not too into this anymore so I'm dippn', later". He knows he has to manipulate this to his benefit and he's also going to help the team from having to deal with "hey, didn't you know this kid was fragile as F, I mean damn is anyone minding the store"?

All the signs point to this just being the mutually agreed upon soft shoe way for him to exit.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChoppedWood For This Useful Post:
Brylok (08-26-2019)
Old 08-26-2019, 02:14 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,270 Times in 2,017 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discflinger View Post

No, Luck is far more cerebral than Peyton Manning. I didn't forget.

o

Luck, a Stanford graduate who was a rare player who skipped out on the first 2 days of the NFL combine so that he could take his finals at Stanford, may be more cerebral than Manning in life overall ........ but in my rat's ass of an opinion, there was not a player in the history of the the game that was more cerebral than Manning strictly in terms of football IQ. The guy would come to the line and read defenses and audible accordingly like no other player before, during, or after him.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
The Following User Says Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
Oldcolt (08-29-2019)
Old 08-29-2019, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discflinger View Post
Get off his jock.
Peyton took Colts to 2 SBs and won 1.. he never left the Colts but was replaced by the guy who did leave the Colts.
The Following User Says Thank You to Coltsfever For This Useful Post:
Luck4Reich (08-30-2019)