ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 11-18-2018, 06:42 PM

Thanked 1,304 Times in 712 Posts

I know Wentz is still working his way back from an ACL, but I can't help but think we got the best offensive coach from that superbowl team when we got Reich.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Maniac For This Useful Post:
GoBigBlue88 (11-18-2018), Oldcolt (11-18-2018), Racehorse (11-18-2018), sherck (11-18-2018), TheMugwump (11-18-2018)
Old 11-18-2018, 06:49 PM

Thanked 2,219 Times in 1,196 Posts

Hopefully Kelly has a Dallas Clark like miraculous recovery, and once the swelling goes down, he misses just one week.
Old 11-18-2018, 07:00 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,598 Times in 2,015 Posts

Kelly was initially ruled out but played. I wonder if it has something to do with the original injury.

That fact Wilson made adjustments after last week makes me hopeful that he can still be a player for us. He is still young and mid second season. We’ve seen flashes just need consistency.

I haven’t been as impressed with Mack as I initially was. He is fast and dangerous if he gets in space. But he seems to have little wiggle in his game, hence the shoestring tackles taking him down. After watching replays of his runs, I feel like he doesn’t hit the hole as efficiently as he could. I also want to see more Wilkins, he isn’t as fast, but I feel he is more fluid and gets through the holes to the second level more smoothly. He has a good feel for the game. I want to see him in a year with a full NFL off season.

Castonzo has been solid, it really is amazing what it can do for your game if you don’t really have to worry about the guy beside you as much.

Really impressed with the defense this game. They took to the tacks. I can’t believe Leonard is a rookie, just a tremendous feel for the game. Turay looks like the light is coming on and is playing faster. Just a good defensive effort against a good offensive line.

Mariota is overrated. Been saying this since Oregon. He is so bland, like plain oatmeal. His accuracy comes and goes, and I don’t think he is clutch at all. Shows how easy it is to fall into the QB trap of pretty good but not great. They are locked into him for years. I would rather have bad or great. Because with bad at least you know to move on in a couple years.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
Coltsalr (11-18-2018), DrSpaceman (11-18-2018), GoBigBlue88 (11-18-2018), Maniac (11-18-2018)
Old 11-18-2018, 07:03 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,598 Times in 2,015 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusChrist View Post
I know Wentz is still working his way back from an ACL, but I can't help but think we got the best offensive coach from that superbowl team when we got Reich.
I think we found a good offensive innovator in that coordinator Sirianni that Reich brought in.
Old 11-18-2018, 07:04 PM

Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,167 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Mariota is overrated. Been saying this since Oregon. He is so bland, like plain oatmeal. His accuracy comes and goes, and I don’t think he is clutch at all. Shows how easy it is to fall into the QB trap of pretty good but not great. They are locked into him for years. I would rather have bad or great. Because with bad at least you know to move on in a couple years.
So he sits at or near the Dalton line?
The Following User Says Thank You to Butter For This Useful Post:
Pez (11-18-2018)
Old 11-18-2018, 07:08 PM

Thanked 2,502 Times in 1,474 Posts

I'm glad all the complaints were nitpicks, because it was hard to find any fault with the Colts in this game. This was one of the most complete/dominant games I've seen in years.
Old 11-18-2018, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Kelly was initially ruled out but played. I wonder if it has something to do with the original injury.

That fact Wilson made adjustments after last week makes me hopeful that he can still be a player for us. He is still young and mid second season. We’ve seen flashes just need consistency.

I haven’t been as impressed with Mack as I initially was. He is fast and dangerous if he gets in space. But he seems to have little wiggle in his game, hence the shoestring tackles taking him down. After watching replays of his runs, I feel like he doesn’t hit the hole as efficiently as he could. I also want to see more Wilkins, he isn’t as fast, but I feel he is more fluid and gets through the holes to the second level more smoothly. He has a good feel for the game. I want to see him in a year with a full NFL off season.

Castonzo has been solid, it really is amazing what it can do for your game if you don’t really have to worry about the guy beside you as much.

Really impressed with the defense this game. They took to the tacks. I can’t believe Leonard is a rookie, just a tremendous feel for the game. Turay looks like the light is coming on and is playing faster. Just a good defensive effort against a good offensive line.

Sounds like it's unrelated to original knee injury.
Old 11-18-2018, 07:39 PM

Thanked 1,556 Times in 884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
So he sits at or near the Dalton line?
He's several notches below Dalton, IMO.
Old 11-18-2018, 07:44 PM

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,639 Posts

Never thought the Colts would be talked about as a team you wouldn’t want to face in the playoffs. Fun to watch no matter what happens.
Old 11-18-2018, 08:01 PM

Quote:

The one play today that was disappointing from Mack was the off tackle 2nd/3rd and short where he needed two yards, really thought he could have just put his head down and plowed for the first down and he just fell down a hard short for no apparent reason. The hole was there, he had the opening had the momentum and I was just like....what happened? That should have been a conversion.