ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 11-20-2018, 08:10 PM

Thanked 2,211 Times in 1,191 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 View Post
1,000,000 percent about re-signing Glowinski, even at inflated price tag. Colts have the cap space, and draft assets need to be poured into defense + WRs.
Exactly. Don't nickel and dime the guy and then spend the bext 3 years trying to find his replacement.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to YDFL Commish For This Useful Post:
Oldcolt (11-21-2018), Racehorse (11-20-2018), rm1369 (11-21-2018)
Old 11-21-2018, 08:15 AM

Thanked 1,189 Times in 523 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
I'm fine with that, as long as it's structured in a way that the Colts can get out of it after 1-2 years with limited cap hit. 2019 and 2020 cap space is not an issue whatsoever.
That is the way Ballard appears to be structuring contracts; only okay sized signing bonuses but guaranteed 1st year salaries.

By year 2, most of his deals (not counting high round rookie contracts) can be walked away from with zero negative cap ramifications.

The only good thing carried over from the Grigson years. The only thing....

Walk Worthy,
Old 11-21-2018, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatDT View Post
No chance Glowinski doesn't get paid as a FA. He's a starting guard on one of the most-hyped OLs in the NFL. If he and the OL continue to play well, either the Colts will pay him or another OL-needy team will. I'm not saying he'll be paid like a top 5 guard, but it'll be closer to $7-8M/year, no chance for $3M.
I think the guy will be resigned if he keeps playing well, no doubt. The question is how much he will be paid. He was cut by Seattle prior to the season after three lackluster years, and so far he’s started all of 5 games for us - it will be a maximum total of 11 (plus any playoffs) by the end of the season. I just don’t see that teams will pay the kind of money you’re talking about ($7-8M) for someone with his resume. That’s why my best guess is a shorter term contract at a lower salary. If he builds a better resume then he gets paid. If the Colts are really enthralled, then maybe he gets paid well on a very short term contract.

Last edited by Chaka; 11-21-2018 at 09:49 AM.
Old 11-21-2018, 01:34 PM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
I think the guy will be resigned if he keeps playing well, no doubt. The question is how much he will be paid. He was cut by Seattle prior to the season after three lackluster years, and so far he’s started all of 5 games for us - it will be a maximum total of 11 (plus any playoffs) by the end of the season. I just don’t see that teams will pay the kind of money you’re talking about ($7-8M) for someone with his resume. That’s why my best guess is a shorter term contract at a lower salary. If he builds a better resume then he gets paid. If the Colts are really enthralled, then maybe he gets paid well on a very short term contract.
If there was a glut of OL talent in the NFL I might agree with you, but teams need OL badly. Playing above your head in a contract year is how plenty of guys get paid in the NFL. I'm not saying Glowinski is doing that, but even if he is, I would be very surprised if he made less than $5M/year on his next contract.