ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-18-2021, 08:18 AM

Thanked 4,284 Times in 1,751 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
What is it with you guys and this weird obsession with claiming Leonard isn’t a leader? The dude has been voted captain by his teammates for the last 3 years. They obviously consider him a leader.

Is it the vaccine stuff? Whatever it is, it’s dumb.

Regardless of what Omaha thinks from his couch, the team considers him one of their leaders.
Being labeled a “leader” doesn’t make you one.
Old 10-18-2021, 08:56 AM

Thanked 1,896 Times in 923 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
Being labeled a “leader” doesn’t make you one.
WTF are you talking about? Being voted a captain by his teammates means Leonard is considered a leader among those teammates. That’s literally what being captain means. It doesn’t matter what you think.

Why are you being so dumb about this?

Last edited by Hoopsdoc; 10-18-2021 at 09:02 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hoopsdoc For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (10-18-2021)
Old 10-18-2021, 09:01 AM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
WTF are you talking about? Being voted a captain by his teammates means Leonard is considered a leader among those teammates. That’s literally what being captain means.

Why are you being so dumb this?
Add that to a long list.
The Following User Says Thank You to JAFF For This Useful Post:
Hoopsdoc (10-18-2021)
Old 10-18-2021, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
Add that to a long list.
No shit. If anyone else what being this weirdly obtuse about something so dumb, Omaha would call them racist for it.
Old 10-18-2021, 09:05 AM

Thanked 1,655 Times in 794 Posts

My thoughts:

Passing offense: this was good. I'm not as skeptical about Wentz as Omaha. I think he has been consistently getting better the more time he spends with this team. The foot thing and loss of pre-season for him was a real hurdle. I only expect him to keep getting better. I agree TY is off the field too much. Reich may be convinced that taller receivers are the better option but Hilton's quickness and route running prove that to be false.

Running offense: continues to be great, but again, wtf Reich? Not enough run attempts in the first half, and most went to Hines? I like Hines but he is a situational back, and right now Mack is a bit hesitant, he's not seeing the blocks, he's going to need more reps for that to get better but that's no reason to take snaps away from Taylor. Use Mack for clean up duty until he's got his timing back.

Passing defense: just awful. Without consistent pass rush, this zone gets eaten up all day long. The only good thing is that the "bend don't break" approach works well enough against inexperienced QBs like Mills. In the red zone where the field, and defensive zone, compresses, its harder to throw the ball. But this defense is still banged up badly, and needs at least 1 new starter-level CB. And pass rushers. I'd like to see Turay and Paye get on the field at the same time, but neither have stayed healthy long enough for that to happen, not much anyway. I'm hoping Odeyingbo is actually good.

Rushing defense: Still isn't good enough but it's better than it was in the first 2 weeks. I think letting Autry and Walker go was a mistake. But that in and of itself shouldn't have been a difference maker. The combo of Buckner and Stewart in the middle should be harder to run against than it is. But I guess more the issue is setting the edge on outside runs, this fails too often.

I think I may agree with Omaha about Leonard as a leader. He's a playmaker but too emotional and immature to be a leader.

Special teams: no particular issues, at least that guy made his kicks last night. If we could have made kicks we beat the Ravens and that really cost us.
Old 10-18-2021, 09:10 AM

Thanked 2,591 Times in 1,154 Posts

Quote:
What is it with you guys and this weird obsession with claiming Leonard isn’t a leader? The dude has been voted captain by his teammates for the last 3 years. They obviously consider him a leader.

Part of that narrative is coming from Leonard himself - at least describing people's roles in the locker room prior to this season.

This past offseason Leonard talked about needing to take on a bigger leadership role this season due to Anthony Walker's departure.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ole-for-colts/

Quote:
Darius Leonard has been the star linebacker on the field for the Colts since he arrived in the second round of the 2018 draft, but a different linebacker was in a leading role off the field.
Quote:
Leonard said that Anthony Walker “was that guy that everybody leaned on” when it came to preparing for each week’s game because of the amount of film study he did and the questions he asked during meetings. Walker moved on to Cleveland as a free agent this offseason, however, and Leonard said he’s prepared to step up to fill those shoes.
Quote:
“Now that Anthony Walker is gone, you need that person to take in that leadership role and say, ‘Okay, this is what you have to do,'” Leonard said, via Joel A. Erickson of the Indianapolis Star. “‘This is the way that it has to be.’ . . . I’m going to have to quit being this friendly guy, quit being this guy that smiles all the time and goes about doing it his way. Now, it’s about this is the right way, this is how we do it, and hold people accountable that way.”
The Following User Says Thank You to AlwaysSunnyinIndy For This Useful Post:
omahacolt (10-18-2021)
Old 10-18-2021, 11:50 AM
Historian

Thanked 3,267 Times in 2,015 Posts

o

Leadership camp ??? Isn't that where Hitler went ???

George Carlin, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XsJHTjGh9Y

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
The Following User Says Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
Oldcolt (10-18-2021)
Old 10-18-2021, 12:45 PM

Thanked 4,284 Times in 1,751 Posts

Quote:
WTF are you talking about? Being voted a captain by his teammates means Leonard is considered a leader among those teammates. That’s literally what being captain means. It doesn’t matter what you think.

Why are you being so dumb about this?
So nobody was ever appointed something and then failed? Is that what you are going with?

What makes you assume he is a great leader?
Old 10-18-2021, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
So nobody was ever appointed something and then failed? Is that what you are going with?

What makes you assume he is a great leader?
I don’t know if he’s a great leader or not. Neither do you.

I do know his teammates think he is. That’s more than enough for me.

Why isn’t it for you? What do you have against Leonard?

What, specifically, makes you assume he isn’t a good leader?
Old 10-18-2021, 01:04 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Fischer is doing great for a dude who is less than a year out from an achilles rupture. Jesus the guy is back way sooner than most thought, is giving it his all but obviously isn't completely healed. He will be a lot better at the end of the year. Now if we can just make the playoffs and somehow find a pass rush.
The Following User Says Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
Spike (10-18-2021)