ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-21-2021, 10:53 AM

Default Nine reasons why the Colts will kick butt in Buffalo

1) The Bills might have a winning record and an impressive stat line, but they’ve done it by beating up on the weakies on their schedule, shutting down teams like Miami, Houston and the Jets. Against more capable opponents, they’ve done not nearly so well..

2) In fact, they don’t have a single win against a team with a winning record when they played them.

3) The weather…its a game in which the weather will start out marginal and deteriorate from there. Rain and winds gusting to 35 miles per hour will punctuate the 2nd half, which will skew the advantage towards the team with the best ground game.

4) And the Bills rushing game is marginal, at best, without anything resembling an elite player.

5) much is made of the prowess of the Bills pass defense, but Carson Wentz, for all his shortcomings, isn’t Jacoby Brissett or Tyler Heinecke or Davis Mills or Tua Tuatagaloa or Trevor Lawrence or Joe Flacco…which is a list of the QB’s they’ve dominated.

6) And, the Days of Bruce Smith terrorizing enemy QB’s on the Niagara frontier is long over. If the Colts OL is, even, marginally healthy, Carson Wentz should have plenty of time to make plays.

7) Dayo, Buckner and Kwity should feast on a banged up Bills OL.

8) No one’s ever going to confuse Bills TE Dawson Knox with Travis Kelce.

9) the Colts are just more motivated to win this thing. They’ve been pointing towards this game ever since last year’s playoffs, which they feel they should’ve won. They feel disrespected and ornery, and in a game in which the two sides are evenly matched, attitude is often the margin of victory.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kray007 For This Useful Post:
BCN#1 (11-21-2021), ChoppedWood (11-21-2021), CletusPyle (11-21-2021), Colts And Orioles (11-21-2021)
Old 11-21-2021, 11:16 AM
Historian

Thanked 3,270 Times in 2,017 Posts

o

My only rebuttal would be a slight amendment that I would have made to the thread title ...... I would have named it 9 reasons why the Colts "CAN" kick butt in Buffalo, as opposed to "WILL" kick butt in Buffalo. Especially when considering how helter-skelter the season has been from week to week (for example, the Titans lost to the Jets with a 2nd-string quarterback, and then throughly dominated a 7-1 Rams team 2 weeks ago without Derrick Henry.)

Every one of those scenarios that Kray alluded to is indeed realistic and possible, but any one of them could also fail to come to fruition for any number of reasons this afternoon.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck

Last edited by Colts And Orioles; 11-21-2021 at 12:22 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (11-21-2021)
Old 11-21-2021, 01:22 PM

Thanked 1,570 Times in 892 Posts

A lot of good points, Kray. Only one I disagree with: Carson has not had "plenty of time" in any game this season. The Colts O-line has been a strong run-blocking unit, but has pretty much sucked at pass pro.

I hope they can give him all day, but I really don't expect it.

Last edited by TheMugwump; 11-21-2021 at 02:39 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheMugwump For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (11-21-2021)
Old 11-21-2021, 01:49 PM
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMugwump View Post

A lot of good points, Cletus. There's only one that I disagree with ...... Carson has not had "plenty of time" in any game this season. The Colts' O-Line has been a strong run-blocking unit, but has pretty much sucked at pass pro.

I hope that they can give him all day, but I really don't expect it.

o

Kray ...... Cletus was the one who thanked the previous 2 posts.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
TheMugwump (11-21-2021)
Old 11-21-2021, 02:40 PM

Thanked 1,570 Times in 892 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

Kray ...... Cletus was the one who thanked the previous 2 posts.

o
I'm sure I don't know WHAT you mean...

Heh.
Old 11-21-2021, 04:27 PM
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

My only rebuttal would be a slight amendment that I would have made to the thread title ...... I would have named it 9 reasons why the Colts "CAN" kick butt in Buffalo, as opposed to "WILL" kick butt in Buffalo. Especially when considering how helter-skelter the season has been from week to week (for example, the Titans lost to the Jets with a 2nd-string quarterback, and then throughly dominated a 7-1 Rams team 2 weeks ago without Derrick Henry.)

Every one of those scenarios that Kray alluded to is indeed realistic and possible, but any one of them could also fail to come to fruition for any number of reasons this afternoon.

o
o

Please disregard this post, and simply refer to Kray's OP.

o

Racehorse (11-21-2021)
Old 11-21-2021, 05:57 PM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kray007 View Post
1) The Bills might have a winning record and an impressive stat line, but they’ve done it by beating up on the weakies on their schedule, shutting down teams like Miami, Houston and the Jets. Against more capable opponents, they’ve done not nearly so well..

2) In fact, they don’t have a single win against a team with a winning record when they played them.

3) The weather…its a game in which the weather will start out marginal and deteriorate from there. Rain and winds gusting to 35 miles per hour will punctuate the 2nd half, which will skew the advantage towards the team with the best ground game.

4) And the Bills rushing game is marginal, at best, without anything resembling an elite player.

5) much is made of the prowess of the Bills pass defense, but Carson Wentz, for all his shortcomings, isn’t Jacoby Brissett or Tyler Heinecke or Davis Mills or Tua Tuatagaloa or Trevor Lawrence or Joe Flacco…which is a list of the QB’s they’ve dominated.

6) And, the Days of Bruce Smith terrorizing enemy QB’s on the Niagara frontier is long over. If the Colts OL is, even, marginally healthy, Carson Wentz should have plenty of time to make plays.

7) Dayo, Buckner and Kwity should feast on a banged up Bills OL.

8) No one’s ever going to confuse Bills TE Dawson Knox with Travis Kelce.

9) the Colts are just more motivated to win this thing. They’ve been pointing towards this game ever since last year’s playoffs, which they feel they should’ve won. They feel disrespected and ornery, and in a game in which the two sides are evenly matched, attitude is often the margin of victory.
DAMN Kray, hopefully you bet the mortgage on this one!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChoppedWood For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (11-22-2021), Racehorse (11-21-2021)
Old 11-21-2021, 06:04 PM

Thanked 2,261 Times in 1,218 Posts

What is so damn satisfying is that I believe we have a team that can win in the elements in the playoffs. Have we ever been able to say that?

That is unheard of for a dome team, but we have thoroughly dominated the 49'rs and the Bills on the road, in the elements.

We just have to get Big Q and The Maniac healthy. Getting Khari Willis back would be a big boost as well.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to YDFL Commish For This Useful Post:
BCN#1 (11-23-2021), ChoppedWood (11-21-2021), Luck4Reich (11-21-2021), Racehorse (11-21-2021)