ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-20-2022, 01:00 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,138 Times in 645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
I’ve not questioned Leonard’s greatness, only his leadership. You are the one that can’t separate the two. Go back and look at the list of players I provided. Each one was great. Would you defend them as leaders as you are Leonard? Hell, each one of them won more than Leonard has so far. Yes it’s a team game. I don’t think anyone is trying to blame Leonard for the entire collapse. He just hasn’t shown leadership and the team needs some.
You listed 4 diva ass bitches that played offense always cried about getting the ball all the goddam time and weren’t loyal to teammates or teams not 1 guy you listed was ever considered a leader

Moss had his best season when he had a true leader

But again I don’t see any comparison of offensive players to a leader on defense

Some guys have to grow into leadership ofcourse Leonard wasn’t expecting to be a leader he’s been a small school guy overlooked and underrated his entire life but I’d say he’s growing into a hell of a player and only scratched the surface of his ability to lead
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to apballin For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (02-20-2022), Spike (02-20-2022)
Old 02-20-2022, 02:52 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post
You listed 4 diva ass bitches that played offense always cried about getting the ball all the goddam time and weren’t loyal to teammates or teams not 1 guy you listed was ever considered a leader

But again I don’t see any comparison of offensive players to a leader on defense

Some guys have to grow into leadership ofcourse Leonard wasn’t expecting to be a leader he’s been a small school guy overlooked and underrated his entire life but I’d say he’s growing into a hell of a player and only scratched the surface of his ability to lead
Randy Moss was a me guy. Didnt play on a super bowl winner. Brady couldnt get that guy a ring
Old 02-20-2022, 03:23 PM

Quote:

Yes I listed 4 diva ass bitches to show that great play doesn’t equate leadership. They are different things. Your defense of Leonard’s leadership is that he makes great plays. So did those 4 divas. That didn’t make them leaders and it doesn’t make Leonard one either.

You are right, he may grow into it. But that means he isn’t it now, so I’m not quite sure why you thinks it’s ridiculous to say he has issues with leadership currently.

Aren’t Taylor and Nelson great players as well? I’d say every reason you use to say Leonard is a leader can apply to those two. In that case the offense doesn’t lack leadership. Unless leadership and great play are simply two different things.
Old 02-20-2022, 03:35 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,270 Times in 2,017 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post

Really ??? Because of Leonard they lost ??? It was a team effort across the board.

o

I will go to my grave believing that Dan Marino was a better quarterback than Terry Bradshaw, and Peyton Manning was a better quarterback than Tom Brady.

Bradshaw won 4 Super Bowls, was the MVP in 2 of those 4 Super Bowl wins, while Dan Marino's team got blown out by a score of 38-16 in the only Super Bowl that he ever reached in his historic career ...... but there is no doubt in my mind that Marino was the better quarterback than Bradshaw.

Also, while Brady's teams went 7-3 in Super Bowls in his career (compared to Manning's teams going 2-2 in Super Bowls in his career), Manning's teams actually beat Brady's teams 3 times out of 4 in AFC Championship games ...... Brady's Patriots beat Manning's Colts in the 2003 AFC Championship game, while Manning's' Colts and Manning's Broncos beat Brady's Patriots in the 2006, 2013, and 2015 AFC Championship games.

Finally, out of the 10 Super Bowls in which his team played in, I believe that Brady played his best Super Bowl in a game in which his team lost ...... and that is a compliment to Brady. I think that you could make an argument that Brady should have been only the second player ever to be named MVP of a Super Bowl while playing for the losing team (Chuck Howley of the Cowboys was named MVP of Super Bowl V when his Cowboys lost to the Baltimore Colts.) Perhaps Brady and Nick Foles should have been named CO-MVP's of that particular Super Bowl.

Thanks for bearing with me in my long, windbag post.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck

Last edited by Colts And Orioles; 02-20-2022 at 03:43 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (02-20-2022)
Old 02-20-2022, 03:38 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,138 Times in 645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
Yes I listed 4 diva ass bitches to show that great play doesn’t equate leadership. They are different things. Your defense of Leonard’s leadership is that he makes great plays. So did those 4 divas. That didn’t make them leaders and it doesn’t make Leonard one either.

You are right, he may grow into it. But that means he isn’t it now, so I’m not quite sure why you thinks it’s ridiculous to say he has issues with leadership currently.

Aren’t Taylor and Nelson great players as well? I’d say every reason you use to say Leonard is a leader can apply to those two. In that case the offense doesn’t lack leadership. Unless leadership and great play are simply two different things.
Yes 2 totally different things and leadership is earned which is why I believe Ballard kept cutting all the vets on defense because they wanted to push Leonard to be the leader on defense.

Best comparison I can use is Reggie Wayne he wasn’t drafted to be a leader but in the last few years of his career him and Mathis definitely were the leaders thru knowledge and hard work they earned the title regardless if they wanted it or not but Reggie turned out to be a hell of a leader
Old 02-20-2022, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Yes 2 totally different things and leadership is earned which is why I believe Ballard kept cutting all the vets on defense because they wanted to push Leonard to be the leader on defense.

Best comparison I can use is Reggie Wayne he wasn’t drafted to be a leader but in the last few years of his career him and Mathis definitely were the leaders thru knowledge and hard work they earned the title regardless if they wanted it or not but Reggie turned out to be a hell of a leader
One of the issues I’ve had with Ballard is that in my mind he disregarded veteran leadership. If the plan was to push Leonard into a leadership role then it makes sense why I think the team has a leadership issue. It would be great for Leonard to be a leader and it makes sense to work with him on it. But you yourself have stated it’s earned, not assigned. We mainly disagree on how it’s earned. Regardless if the team is pushing Leonard to be it they need to work with him a lot more. The interview linked on this thread and the quote I provided are simply not good leadership.

I agree 100% on Reggie. I don’t think you would ever hear quotes like these from him though.
Old 02-20-2022, 07:26 PM

Thanked 1,324 Times in 748 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
Really? Because of Leonard they lost? It was a team effort across the board
No, I'm saying that if he was anywhere near as good of a leader as some of you on the board think he is then he would have inspired our D to play worth a fuck, which they obviously didn't.
Old 02-20-2022, 07:38 PM

Thanked 1,324 Times in 748 Posts

Quote:
The jags had 300 yards of total offense that’s hardly shitting the bed, Wentz turnovers lost that game did the defense have a great game No but 300 yards is not getting dominated

The offense scored 11 points

You realize Leonard can only do so much right
You have to consider the opponent. That was also the highest scoring game for the Jagoffs this season. Trevor Lawrence had double the meaningful TD passes in that game than he had in the previous 9 games (yes he had only 1 meaningful TD in the previous 9 games, 2 total with one when they were down by 47 to the Cheats). Shit he tied his meaningful TD passes on their first possession when they drove on our D like a hot knife through butter.

Yes, the O was horrendous, but the D shit the bed too.
Old 02-20-2022, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
You have to consider the opponent. That was also the highest scoring game for the Jagoffs this season. Trevor Lawrence had double the meaningful TD passes in that game than he had in the previous 9 games (yes he had only 1 meaningful TD in the previous 9 games, 2 total with one when they were down by 47 to the Cheats). Shit he tied his meaningful TD passes on their first possession when they drove on our D like a hot knife through butter.

Yes, the O was horrendous, but the D shit the bed too.
The Jags opening drive TD really set the tone for the game. Both the O and the D were MIA that game from the start.
The Following User Says Thank You to rm1369 For This Useful Post:
IndyNorm (02-20-2022)