ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-13-2022, 07:57 PM
Post whore

Thanked 4,808 Times in 2,679 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
He is a very vocal anti-vax idiot. Case closed.
Case may be closed for you Columbo, but just because people don't agree with your way of thinking does not make them a non-leader.
CletusPyle (02-13-2022), Racehorse (02-13-2022)
Old 02-13-2022, 08:35 PM

Thanked 2,650 Times in 1,175 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
How would you know?
Well, you can take a look at what Leonard has stated himself publicly.

He has stated that prior to this year, he hasn't really focused on being a leader. He + the defense relied on Anthony Walker to fill that role.

So he may need some time to develop those skills.
Old 02-13-2022, 08:53 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysSunnyinIndy View Post
Well, you can take a look at what Leonard has stated himself publicly.

He has stated that prior to this year, he hasn't really focused on being a leader. He + the defense relied on Anthony Walker to fill that role.

So he may need some time to develop those skills.
Okay, I have played sports all the way through college. Can someone explain to me what being a leader on a sports team is. Being vocal? Something else?

Just asking?
Old 02-13-2022, 09:05 PM

Thanked 2,650 Times in 1,175 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
Okay, I have played sports all the way through college. Can someone explain to me what being a leader on a sports team is. Being vocal? Something else?

Just asking?

Leonard basically equated it to being a coach on the field.

He stated that Walker did a ton of film study before games and would come to meetings prepared to ask the coaches questions about the game plan for about every single position.

He also said that when players had questions about assignments while out on the practice field, that they went to Walker as often as the coaches.

And he also stated that Walker would hold each player accountable - that was something that Leonard said he would need to work on instead of only worrying about himself.

Last edited by AlwaysSunnyinIndy; 02-13-2022 at 09:07 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to AlwaysSunnyinIndy For This Useful Post:
Spike (02-13-2022)
Old 02-13-2022, 09:14 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysSunnyinIndy View Post
Leonard basically equated it to being a coach on the field.

He stated that Walker did a ton of film study before games and would come to meetings prepared to ask the coaches questions about the game plan for about every single position.

He also said that when players had questions about assignments while out on the practice field, that they went to Walker as often as the coaches.

And he also stated that Walker would hold each player accountable - that was something that Leonard said he would need to work on instead of only worrying about himself.
Okay, thank you ASII.
AlwaysSunnyinIndy (02-13-2022)
Old 02-13-2022, 10:46 PM

Thanked 2,250 Times in 1,174 Posts

Quote:
Case may be closed for you Columbo, but just because people don't agree with your way of thinking does not make them a non-leader.
Nope, facts.
Old 02-13-2022, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
Nope, facts.
Nope, your opiniated facts. Not actual facts..
Old 02-14-2022, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
How would you know?
As has been said - a combination of his own words and, yes, his vax stance. I think his comments on Walker are self explanatory. You are free to disagree on his vax stance being a lack of leadership, but to me it obviously was. Being vaxed was a competitive advantage. The rules were designed to make it so. Not sure how anyone can argue otherwise. A leader models the way to win and helps get others to follow suit through actions and, often, words. Leonard did the opposite of that. His actions and words promoted a disadvantage. Was it coincidence the team fell apart once it was hit with Covid? Maybe. But a few of us said the teams vax status demonstrated a lack of commitment and leadership. Watching this team at the end of the season it sure seems like that was the case. Teams with good leadership don’t fall apart like that, they don’t become complacent and miss the playoffs. It wasn’t one bad game, they lost two games they should have won.

I’ll also add this interview reinforces my opinion. Every time he talks about the negative stuff of being complacent he says “guys” or “people”, not “we”. “Guys” start believing we can’t lose. “People” get a little complacent. He hopes “guys” use the loss as motivation and “guys” learn that nothing is given to you. Very few “we’s” and never in the right context. The way I hear that is Leonard wasn’t part of the issue - it was the other “guys”. Funny, I don’t really remember him playing well in those two games. Regardless his words admit there was a leadership problem and he is supposed to be one of the leaders. I’m sure it was the other “guys” though, just don’t include him in the group.

The funny thing is if I had made the same comment about Wentz it would have received a ton of likes and a bunch of agreement. You wouldn’t question how I would know. But because it’s Leonard and not Wentz the defenders come out in force. Leonard is a great player, but that doesn’t make him a leader.
Old 02-14-2022, 12:05 AM

Thanked 1,324 Times in 748 Posts

Quote:
I call Bullshit on this. Like JAFF stated how the hell do you know that he is not a leader? He has his beliefs and didn't back off from them. in my opinion, that is a fucking leader whether you like it or not.
Well a real leader, or at least a good one, wouldn't have let his team shit the bed against the worst team in the NFL with a playoff spot on the line.
The Following User Says Thank You to IndyNorm For This Useful Post:
omahacolt (02-14-2022)
Old 02-14-2022, 12:22 AM

Quote:
He has his beliefs and didn't back off from them. in my opinion, that is a fucking leader whether you like it or not.
I guess that depends on if where they are leading someone matters. In this context I was generically saying “leader” when I meant leading in a positive direction, not a negative one. I don’t see having conviction in something as a commendable trait by itself. Some racists have conviction. Many terrorists have conviction. Jim Jones had conviction. I’ll concede Leonard “led” his team towards a competitive disadvantage, and he “led” many in his community to a higher death rate (among other issues). I really don’t see either of those two things as debatable. And I’ll agree he did it based on his strongly held beliefs. But again, I used “leader” in reference to a positive direction. My apologies for the confusion.

Last edited by rm1369; 02-14-2022 at 12:30 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rm1369 For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (02-14-2022), omahacolt (02-14-2022)