ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-10-2023, 12:54 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,270 Times in 2,017 Posts
Default Peyton Manning’s Advice to Anthony Richardson for His First-Ever NFL Game

o

Peyton Manning: ) "It's funny you should say that Dan, because I was just saying that Anthony just texted me and asked me if I had any advice for him on his first game ever in the NFL. I told him that I'm not sure if I'm the right person to be asking about that, considering the fact that I threw 3 INT's in my first game ever in the NFL ...... that aside, I would tell Anthony to take what the defense gives you, don't force anything, play smart and not scared, completions, completions, completions, and have fun out there. Of course, that can be easier said than done. But I think that Anthony has worked real hard for this moment, and he has earned the starting job as quarterback of the Colts. I see Shane putting him in good situations to make him feel comfortable, which is critical, and I'm looking forward to them getting better as the season progresses."

https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/38355829

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
Chromeburn (09-10-2023), Dewey 5 (09-10-2023), omahacolt (09-10-2023), Racehorse (09-10-2023)
Old 09-11-2023, 08:28 AM
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

Peyton Manning: ) "It's funny you should say that Dan, because I was just saying that Anthony just texted me and asked me if I had any advice for him on his first game ever in the NFL. I told him that I'm not sure if I'm the right person to be asking about that, considering the fact that I threw 3 INT's in my first game ever in the NFL ...... that aside, I would tell Anthony to take what the defense gives you, don't force anything, play smart and not scared, completions, completions, completions, and have fun out there. Of course, that can be easier said than done. But I think that Anthony has worked real hard for this moment, and he has earned the starting job as quarterback of the Colts. I see Shane putting him in good situations to make him feel comfortable, which is critical, and I'm looking forward to them getting better as the season progresses."

https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/38355829

o
o

I think that Richardson did a very good job of not forcing things, save for perhaps the 1 INT that he threw ...... he had numerous incompletions in the 2nd half in which it was clear that he was throwing the ball away ...... sometimes the best passes that a QB makes are the ones that he doesn't throw (when he either eats the ball for a sack, or he throws the ball about 15 yards out of bounds instead of risking an INT by trying to force the ball into double-coverage.)

So I had Richardson making good decisions 37 times out of the 38 times that he threw the ball yesterday ...... not bad for a rookie with expectations that are through-the-roof making his career debut in the NFL.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
The Following User Says Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
ZionsvilleColtsFan (09-11-2023)
Old 09-11-2023, 09:10 AM

Considering he had no running game, and WRs that really never could get much separation, AR was not bad. Imagine what we'd be thinking if his day was as pathetic as Joe Burrows'. He did well enough to focus on some things and improve. Too early to tell what kind of QB he will be, but I'm very optimistic that he's a keeper.
Old 09-11-2023, 09:18 AM

Thanked 1,649 Times in 790 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by albany ed View Post
Considering he had no running game, and WRs that really never could get much separation, AR was not bad. Imagine what we'd be thinking if his day was as pathetic as Joe Burrows'. He did well enough to focus on some things and improve. Too early to tell what kind of QB he will be, but I'm very optimistic that he's a keeper.
I only looked at the stats, so I don't know what happened, but Burrow...

$275m contract and then 14/31 for 82 yards. Fuck.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChaosTheory For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (09-11-2023)
Old 09-11-2023, 10:01 AM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post

Cleveland DL is ferocious and Cinci's Oline looked as bad as they have ever looked- and that says something!
Old 09-11-2023, 10:19 AM
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

I think that Richardson did a very good job of not forcing things, save for perhaps the 1 INT that he threw ...... he had numerous incompletions in the 2nd half in which it was clear that he was throwing the ball away ...... sometimes the best passes that a QB makes are the ones that he doesn't throw (when he either eats the ball for a sack, or he throws the ball about 15 yards out of bounds instead of risking an INT by trying to force the ball into double-coverage.)

So I had Richardson making good decisions 37 times out of the 38 times that he threw the ball yesterday ...... not bad for a rookie with expectations that are through-the-roof making his career debut in the NFL.

o
o

On the other hand, I do think that he should be a little more judicious in regard to deciding when (and how often) to run with abandon ...... especially when considering the possibility that the offensive line may not be very good this year.

For example, I thought that it was a reasonably good decision for him to lower his shoulder and plow forward on 4th down with the game on the line in the final minutes of the 4th quarter yesterday ...... but I DO NOT think that it was such a good decision when he did the same thing on the very next play when it was 1st down.

o

The Following User Says Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
JAFF (09-11-2023)
Old 09-11-2023, 03:32 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,679 Times in 2,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post

Oline issues. Lots of weapons. No protection. Plus the Browns are pretty decent. Think ppl were sleeping on them.