ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-26-2022, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
I believe you guys about how horrific Wentz was at missing open guys. Goes along with. Ballards ‘make the layups’ comment. Why the hell did he get over 70% of the reps then? If this was a season long thing and not just being pissed off about the last two games then they should have known that they were going to move on from him early enough to sit his ass and save us a #1. To move on from him like this seems like amateur time on our part. Apparently nobody had the balls to make the decision until it was to late. Shit
I am definitely not a Wentz supporter, I was hoping for Darnold ( thats a discussion for another thread), what I don't get is, why in hell if you are really trying to trade Wentz, would anyone in the organization be fucking bad mouthing him !!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to njcoltfan For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (02-26-2022), JAFF (02-26-2022)
Old 02-26-2022, 09:37 AM

Thanked 1,334 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CletusPyle View Post
I'm sure you're right, but I think Arians is the kind of guy that would enjoy the chance to see if he could salvage Wentz's career...I would love to see it myself!
It would be interesting to see. Since Wentz isn't able to read defenses or get the ball out quickly Arians would have to go back to his boom or bust O. This somewhat suits Wentz, at least his mentality, so he might do ok in it. Ultimately though I'm guessing he'll have way too many turnovers, and he'll probably be hurt a lot since that offense gets its QBs beat up and Wentz can't get rid of the ball to save his life.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IndyNorm For This Useful Post:
apballin (02-26-2022), CletusPyle (02-26-2022), Racehorse (02-26-2022)
Old 02-26-2022, 10:01 AM

Thanked 4,405 Times in 2,531 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
I can say it. After watching the all 22. After watching him not even notice open receiver after open receiver. Think that time he overthrew a waving TY was the first time. Nope. TY was trying to get his attention all season waving like a mad man. Dude has tunnel vision for Pittman. Wouldn’t throw to the flats or RBs. Would throw short to the TEs. Downfield all the time and if someone wasn’t open downfield he would hold it forever then run. Hero ball instead of just hitting a nice timing route.
This is what pisses me off when people say TY is washed up. He gets open. Wentz is a dud.
Chromeburn (02-26-2022), CletusPyle (02-26-2022)
Old 02-26-2022, 10:02 AM

I should add that the most likely reason we have not heard a peep about TY retiring is that he is waiting to see if Wentz is gone or not. He wants a real QB (Luck was the man) and Wentz is just not it.
Old 02-26-2022, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
I believe you guys about how horrific Wentz was at missing open guys. Goes along with. Ballards ‘make the layups’ comment. Why the hell did he get over 70% of the reps then? If this was a season long thing and not just being pissed off about the last two games then they should have known that they were going to move on from him early enough to sit his ass and save us a #1. To move on from him like this seems like amateur time on our part. Apparently nobody had the balls to make the decision until it was to late. Shit
That is worrisome. Makes you wonder if they tried to coach the stupid out of him, and he agreed to do better, but reverted every game to what he feels like doing. I was on the fence about him from the start. Wanted him to work out. Thought he was doing decent. Then came the meltdown to end the season, and I was really perplexed at what had happened. Then I saw the Warner breakdown of the game, and it was obvious that we needed to move on.
CletusPyle (02-26-2022)
Old 02-26-2022, 10:18 AM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,138 Times in 645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
This is what pisses me off when people say TY is washed up. He gets open. Wentz is a dud.
Exactly Wentz high inaccurate throws are what nearly got TY killed this season
The Following User Says Thank You to apballin For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (02-26-2022)
Old 02-26-2022, 10:20 AM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
https://www.pro-football-reference.c...H/HiltT.00.htm

Look at the last 3 years. He missed 45% of the games this year. He has had leg injuries, not good for a speed guy. I would love to see him back as a #1 wr, but evwn he has mentioned retirement.

https://coltswire.usatoday.com/2022/...le-retirement/
Old 02-26-2022, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
https://www.pro-football-reference.c...H/HiltT.00.htm

Look at the last 3 years. He missed 45% of the games this year. He has had leg injuries, not good for a speed guy. I would love to see him back as a #1 wr, but evwn he has mentioned retirement.

https://coltswire.usatoday.com/2022/...le-retirement/
But the point remains that the guy can still get open, and can still catch. Look at Allen Robinson and injuries. There are plenty of WRs who get hurt. TY has another year or two left.
Old 02-26-2022, 06:18 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
But the point remains that the guy can still get open, and can still catch. Look at Allen Robinson and injuries. There are plenty of WRs who get hurt. TY has another year or two left.
Not arguing that. He has missed a 1/4 to 1/2 a season in the last three years. Even TY has suggested it was time to retire. I love the guy, but it is at a point where he may not make it through the year. They need to find a younger wr to complement the offense
Old 03-01-2022, 10:13 AM

To TY, I bid a fond farewell. He was a great Colt. But he is toast, and we need to look forward.

As for Wentz going to TB? I doubt it, but its possible. Best possible landing spot that his useless ass that he could hope for at this point.
Same could be said for the Steelers. Both have weapons on O, both coming off a season with a retiring HOFer at QB.
Personally, I think both of those franchises go young at QB because the coaches have the leash RIGHT NOW to go young and develop a kid. If you bring in a Wentz type that is basically risking shortening your coaching or GM leash by at least a year or two wasted on that guy. Especially for fanbases as proud and known for consistency as the Steelers. See what the Patriots did as an example. Only difference is I don't think a lot of teams will voluntarily waste a year on a guy like Newton (Wentz) when they have both kind of proven the player they are at this point.
Wentz being packaged with a Wilson or Carr almost makes more sense at this point then a team looking to feature him. TB might be okay with a stopgap but I don't see Pitt being okay with it.