ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 02-25-2021, 02:53 PM

Thanked 2,568 Times in 1,147 Posts

Asking Mike Tannenbaum about his opinions on QB's is the same as asking Ryan Grigson about how to build an effective Offensive Line.

Go back and review some of the decisions that Tannenbaum made at QB in his 6 years as the Jets GM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AlwaysSunnyinIndy For This Useful Post:
Dewey 5 (03-02-2021), JAFF (02-25-2021), Spike (02-28-2021), YDFL Commish (02-28-2021)
Old 02-28-2021, 10:03 AM

Thanked 1,260 Times in 720 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kray007 View Post
The ESPN commentator and ex Jet GM has declared that he doesn’t like the Wentz trade. He says that, after acquiring Wentz, the Colts have the 4th best QB in the division.

That’s fine...everyone is entitled to an opinion. But, what baffles me is that, buried in his analysis, is the observation that Wentz Will be an improvement over Andrew Luck.

I don’t know about anyone else here, but if he’s right, I think its time to start booking tickets to the Super Bowl.
Not that it really matters what Tannenbaum says, but did he actually mean Rivers instead of Luck? This would actually make a lot more sense with the rest of his statement. Even if Wentz is just better than Rivers was in '20 (basically what Wentz was in '19) then the trade we end up being a very good deal for us.
The Following User Says Thank You to IndyNorm For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (02-28-2021)
Old 02-28-2021, 11:45 AM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

If I'm reading this guy correctly he seems to be full of shit. His argument is that we have committed so much in acquiring Wentz that we are committed to him for the next decade. WTF? A one and a three makes for a 10 year commitment? Glad he isn't our GM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
Dewey 5 (02-28-2021), HoosierinFL (03-01-2021), Racehorse (02-28-2021), rcubed (02-28-2021), Spike (03-03-2021), YDFL Commish (02-28-2021)
Old 02-28-2021, 06:29 PM

Thanked 4,362 Times in 2,509 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
Not that it really matters what Tannenbaum says, but did he actually mean Rivers instead of Luck? This would actually make a lot more sense with the rest of his statement. Even if Wentz is just better than Rivers was in '20 (basically what Wentz was in '19) then the trade we end up being a very good deal for us.
Yeah, his argument that Wentz would, at the same time, be better than Luck, but worse than Watson, Tannehill and Lawrence, is moronic.
Old 02-28-2021, 06:57 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,248 Times in 1,999 Posts

Quote:

o

Good pick-up ...... I think that it's highly likely that he misspoke, and that he meant to say "Rivers" when he said "Luck."

But as I stated in the "Colts Trade for Wentz" thread, being the worst quarterback in a division which has DeShaun Watson, Ryan Tannehill, and (presumably) Trevor Lawrence as the other 3 starting quarterbacks, that in and of itself is hardly an incriminating/damning claim in regard to how well the Colts' 2021 season will pan out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

Tannenbaum's claims that Carson Wentz will be "the worst quarterback in the AFC South division" ...... but considering that the other 3 quarterbacks within the division are DeShaun Watson, Ryan Tannehill, and (presumably) Trevor Lawrence, that would not necessarily wind up being a disastrous outcome for Wentz and the Colts in 2021 and beyond, even if the claim did come to fruition.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 03-02-2021, 06:48 PM

Quote:
I was referencing an article in the Star on Feb 23. Written by Chris Sims, it reported on an interview conducted by Mike Greenberg on ESPN.

In the article, Sims clearly says that Tannenbaum said that Wentz would be a “little better than Andrew Luck.” It’s possible that Sims misreported Tannenbaums comments. But, more than a week has passed, and there has been no correction.
Old 03-02-2021, 10:04 PM

Thanked 1,260 Times in 720 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kray007 View Post
I was referencing an article in the Star on Feb 23. Written by Chris Sims, it reported on an interview conducted by Mike Greenberg on ESPN.

In the article, Sims clearly says that Tannenbaum said that Wentz would be a “little better than Andrew Luck.” It’s possible that Sims misreported Tannenbaums comments. But, more than a week has passed, and there has been no correction.
I read the quote in an Indystar article as well. My thought was that Tannenbaum actually meant to say Rivers but mistakenly said Luck, not that Sims misreported it. But if Wentz ends up being better than Andrew Luck then we'll probably all end up jizzing ourselves from being so happy.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IndyNorm For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (03-02-2021), Spike (03-03-2021), TheMugwump (03-02-2021)
Old 03-03-2021, 12:07 AM
Post whore

Thanked 4,793 Times in 2,672 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
If I'm reading this guy correctly he seems to be full of shit. His argument is that we have committed so much in acquiring Wentz that we are committed to him for the next decade. WTF? A one and a three makes for a 10 year commitment? Glad he isn't our GM.
So are 31 other teams.
TheMugwump (03-03-2021)
Old 03-03-2021, 12:22 AM
Post whore

Tannenbaum is a no nothing dick head. There is a reason he is no longer employed by an NFL team. Same as Mangini and O'Brien.

Luck is better than Watson, Tannehill, and Lawrence. If he meant Rivers, ok maybe, but not Luck.
Racehorse (03-03-2021)
Old 03-03-2021, 12:29 AM
Post whore

Quote:
I read the quote in an Indystar article as well. My thought was that Tannenbaum actually meant to say Rivers but mistakenly said Luck, not that Sims misreported it. But if Wentz ends up being better than Andrew Luck then we'll probably all end up jizzing ourselves from being so happy.
If Wentz ends up being better than Luck, we will win numerous SB's. I liked Wentz when he was coming out of college and thought he would be a damn good QB in the NFL. The Eagles fucked him and now I hope Reich can turn him around. I hope Wentz has the same size chip on his shoulder that Brady had.