ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > NFL > NFL Discussion Forum

Old 01-20-2019, 11:17 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

That game was sealed with that interception. One off sides call.

They will kill the Rams.
Old 01-20-2019, 11:34 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,247 Times in 1,998 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post

That game was sealed with that interception. One off sides call.

They will kill the Rams.

o

The player who lined up offsides is going to have a long offseason ........ somewhat similar to what Russell Wilson and Pete Carroll did 4 years ago when they decided to try to force a pass into a tight spot when they had the beast (Marshawn Lynch) primed and ready for TWO chances to get one yard for what could have the been the game-winning touchdown.

I don't think that the entire loss can (or should) be blamed on that Chiefs player ........ but he's probably going to feel like it's all his fault.

Also, don't underestimate the Rams ........ many had the same sentiment 17 years ago, when The Greatest show on Turf (the 2001 St. Louis Rams) went up against the upstart Patriots in Super Bowl XXXVI. Many expected the Rams to win the game handily, and capture their second Super Bowl title in 3 years.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck

Last edited by Colts And Orioles; 01-20-2019 at 11:40 PM.
Old 01-20-2019, 11:53 PM
Historian

o

I think that the Chiefs showed a lot in this game ........ they looked like they might be dead in the water at 2 different points in the contest.

1) ) When the Patriots scored a touchdown in the final minute of the first half, giving them a 14-0 lead heading into the locker room. The Patriots dominated every facet of that first half, so it didn't look great for the boys from western Missouri at that time.

2) ) When the Patriots scored a touchdown with only 39 seconds left in the 4th quarter ........ Mahomes rallied the team in an extremely limited amount of time, including an excellent scramble and completion on a very tough throwing angle to get the Chiefs a huge chunk of yardage on their first play from scrimmage.

I think that Mahomes is great, particularly with his improvising while getting severe pressure from the pass rush. As long as the Chiefs continue to have at least a decent (or better) offensive line, I believe that there is a good chance that he will have a long and prosperous career.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck

Last edited by Colts And Orioles; 01-21-2019 at 01:06 PM.
Old 01-21-2019, 12:01 AM

The question mark always has been and still is Jared Goff.

It's not that Goff isn't talented. He is. But he doesn't seem to have that "next level of greatness" ceiling in him like a Mahomes. But during the off-season and going into the season the talk was about the Rams spending a ton of money and being "Super Bowl or Bust" this year. The talent on their roster, 1-53, is extremely good. If only Cupp hadn't gotten hurt earlier in the year.

Still, the Rams have weapons on offense and a solid defense anchored by the most disruptive defensive force in the NFL. There's hope. However, I cannot imagine that Tom Brady and Bill Belichick would lose back-to-back Super Bowls to Nick Foles and Jared Goff.

Just seems highly unlikely. There's been some really good teams in the AFC the last 8 years, and the Chiefs aren't going anywhere, but there just hasn't been a "next level good" AFC team, really, to consistently challenge the Patriots over the last 8 years.
Old 01-21-2019, 10:29 AM

Thanked 1,260 Times in 720 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

The player who lined up offsides is going to have a long offseason ........ somewhat similar to what Russell Wilson and Pete Carroll did 4 years ago when they decided to try to force a pass into a tight spot when they had the beast (Marshawn Lynch) primed and ready for TWO chances to get one yard for what could have the been the game-winning touchdown.

I don't think that the entire loss can (or should) be blamed on that Chiefs player ........ but he's probably going to feel like it's all his fault.

Also, don't underestimate the Rams ........ many had the same sentiment 17 years ago, when The Greatest show on Turf (the 2001 St. Louis Rams) went up against the upstart Patriots in Super Bowl XXXVI. Many expected the Rams to win the game handily, and capture their second Super Bowl title in 3 years.

o
I believe that player was Dee Ford. Why the fuck do those assholes always get so fucking lucky? From the tuck rule, to missed chip shot game tying FGs, to a neutral zone infraction negating a game sealing INT

And just for a second there I thought I was going to be able to actually relax and enjoy watching the SB for a change. I'll probably change my mind on this, but as of now I'm not planning on even watching it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IndyNorm For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (01-21-2019), Racehorse (01-22-2019)
Old 01-21-2019, 12:53 PM
Accidental Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

I think that the Chiefs showed a lot in this game ........ they looked like they might be dead in the water at 2 different points in the contest.

1) ) When the Patriots scored a touchdown in the final minute of the first half, giving them a 14-0 lead heading into the locker room. The Patriots dominated every facet of that first half, so it didn't look great for the boys from eastern Missouri at that time.

2) ) When the Patriots scored a touchdown with only 39 seconds left in the 4th quarter ........ Mahomes rallied the team in an extremely limited amount of time, including an excellent scramble and completion on a very tough throwing angle to get the Chiefs a huge chunk of yardage on their first play from scrimmage.

I think that Mahomes is great, particularly with his improvising while getting severe pressure from the pass rush. As long as the Chiefs continue to have at least a decent (or better) offensive line, I believe that there is a good chance that he will have a long and prosperous career.

o

Agree, the fact that KC made that last regulation drive did say a great deal about them.

My biggest takeaway from the last two chiefs games I've watched is that the best team won the divisional round last weekend. The colts will get there, but they just aren't there yet.

Oh, and Kansas City is in western Missouri, on the border of Kansas. I guess they would call it Illinois City otherwise, but I think the residents of St Louis might have something to say about that.

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."
The Following User Says Thank You to Pez For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (01-21-2019)
Old 01-21-2019, 01:37 PM
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez View Post

Agree, the fact that Kansas City made that last regulation drive did say a great deal about them.

My biggest takeaway from the last two Chiefs games I've watched is that the best team won the divisional round last weekend. The Colts will get there, but they just aren't there yet.

Oh, and Kansas City is in western Missouri, on the border of Kansas. I guess they would call it Illinois City otherwise, but I think that the residents of St. Louis might have something to say about that.

o

I was thinking of St. Louis, probably because of the fact that that had been a recent home of the Rams (who were also playing yesterday.)

I'll fix it.

o

The Following User Says Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
Pez (01-21-2019)
Old 01-21-2019, 07:07 PM

If not for the offsides, we'd be thinking it was crowning of a new king (Mahomes) and the dethroning of the old King (Brady)
Old 01-22-2019, 01:07 AM
Post whore

Thanked 4,793 Times in 2,672 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by albany ed View Post
If not for the offsides, we'd be thinking it was crowning of a new king (Mahomes) and the dethroning of the old King (Brady)
Dee Ford is one stupid SOB. Damn Patsies are good, but they are one of the luckiest franchises in history. Never seen more shit go right for an NFL team than the Patsies.
IndyNorm (01-28-2019), rcubed (01-22-2019)
Old 01-23-2019, 02:49 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
Dee Ford is one stupid SOB. Damn Patsies are good, but they are one of the luckiest franchises in history. Never seen more shit go right for an NFL team than the Patsies.
A lot of that is due to hard work and discipline. They have had some bad luck also. The various super catches made against them in games. Brady’s interceptions or drop by their receivers.

Still yes they have had a lot of good luck. Seahawks having a young QB throw instead of running. Atlanta having a meltdown and taking their foot off the gas. Tuck rule, Vinny kicking in the snow, or hitting every game winner. Don’t know how Ford lines up so off sides. You do that every single play. Plus the refs carried them several downs when they were stalling. That Chris Johnson slap was the exact same as the non-call against Mahomes. I heard a pats fan call in to nfl network and complain the Chiefs CBs were holding and had to laugh. The pats db’s hold a lot, and they gamble with it thinking the refs won’t call them all and they do not. Especially in the playoffs. They also have been caught cheating several times and I always question what they are doing that we do not know about. You know they are still doing it. The eagles ran an entire fake practice and run through before the Super Bowl. You don’t do that unless you know the other guy is up to something.

If I was a conspiracy theorist I would say the two largest available markets made it into the Super Bowl.

Last edited by Chromeburn; 01-23-2019 at 02:54 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (01-23-2019)