ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 03-23-2018, 11:06 AM

Thanked 4,275 Times in 1,745 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post
Just played an online drafting game (top 5 rounds only). Traded the #6 (no Chubb OR Nelson available) to BUF for 12, BUF 3rd round and 2019 1st round draft pick. Ended up with:

1 12 CB Denzel Ward Ohio State
2 36 OG Will Hernandez UTEP
2 37 OT Brian O'Neill Pittsburgh
2 49 DE Sam Hubbard Ohio State
3 67 LB Josey Jewell Iowa
3 96 LB Shaquem Griffin UCF
4 104 DE Kemoko Turay Rutgers
5 140 RB Josh Adams Notre Dame

I love having turned the #3 pick overall into 2 additional 2nd round picks and 1 additional 3rd round pick in 2018 and and additional 1st round pick and 2nd round pick in 2019.

Thoughts?

Walk Worthy,
I don’t know about the players picked because I haven’t watched any of them.

But as far as the compensation for trade that would be awesome
Old 03-23-2018, 11:28 AM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Just played an online drafting game (top 5 rounds only). Traded the #6 (no Chubb OR Nelson available) to BUF for 12, BUF 3rd round and 2019 1st round draft pick. Ended up with:

I love having turned the #3 pick overall into 2 additional 2nd round picks and 1 additional 3rd round pick in 2018 and and additional 1st round pick and 2nd round pick in 2019.

Thoughts?

Walk Worthy,
Like the draft, but I would be a little disappointed in that trade with Buffalo. I would need both of their 1sts this year at a bare minimum. With those picks, I would target Roquan Smith and either McGlinchy or Landry.
Old 03-23-2018, 11:59 AM

Thanked 1,189 Times in 523 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
Like the draft, but I would be a little disappointed in that trade with Buffalo. I would need both of their 1sts this year at a bare minimum. With those picks, I would target Roquan Smith and either McGlinchy or Landry.
Both the LBs were off the board by the time #12 rolled around. I also would have wanted one of Edmunds or Smith but....

Taking both #12 and #22 in 2018 was not a trade option available.

Walk Worthy,

Last edited by sherck; 03-23-2018 at 12:02 PM.
Old 03-23-2018, 12:12 PM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Both the LBs were off the board by the time #12 rolled around. I also would have wanted one of Edmunds or Smith but....

Taking both #12 and #22 in 2018 was not a trade option available.

Walk Worthy,
Yeah, I figured. It's probably loosely based on the value chart, which we know can be thrown out of the window when teams are moving up for QBs.
Old 03-23-2018, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcubed View Post
a thought from MMQB:

"And let’s say the Colts, with the sixth overall pick, would be comfortable moving down to Miami’s pick at 11, Indy figuring if it can pick up another second-round pick at least, it would be worth it. (Really, the Colts are not just comfortable doing this. They want to do this.) So let’s slot Rosen to Miami with the sixth pick, and now all the primo quarterbacks are gone. And the Colts have turned the third overall pick at the start of March into the 11th—and added four second-round picks in the process. Five prime prospects instead of one excellent one. GM Chris Ballard would love that trade."

What do you think of trading down to 11 and getting another 2nd (plus whatever makes the points equal)?
I suspect the more likely trade candidate might be Buffalo, given their desperate need for a QB and their multitude of 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks. If both Chubb and Nelson are gone by #6, that likely means Barkley and/or one of the QB's would still be available, and maybe the Bills would be willing to part with several of those picks? I'm not a big fan of future picks, i.e., the 2019 draft or beyond.

And I don't doubt Ballard might love to trade #6 to Miami for #11 and #42, but I doubt if Miami's GM would love it--he'd probably feel he was giving up too much value. A trade for #6 with the Dolphins would probably need to include extra picks on both sides, e.g., Miami gives Indy #11, #42 and #73 and the Colts give up #6, #67 and #104. Not sure if Ballard would like that or not. You'd essentially be moving down to 11 in order to move up from 67 to 42 and up to 73 from 104.

Last edited by ZiaColt; 03-23-2018 at 06:01 PM. Reason: additional comments
Old 03-23-2018, 09:25 PM

Quote:

Thoughts?

Walk Worthy,
getting Ward at CB and Griffin with the 3rd plus next years Buffalo 1st rounder would take the sting out of not getting Chubb.......almost.
Old 03-25-2018, 11:22 AM

Thanked 1,647 Times in 790 Posts

I think if we do get a trade like this with Buffalo, it won't happen until the Colts are on the clock in round 1. I think if Buffalo has a guy they want, they would pull the trigger on this trade, but they're surely going to wait and see if their guy even falls to 6.
I suppose a couple other teams might make the call to Ballard at the same time, but Buffalo probably has the most attractive position.
Old 03-25-2018, 12:45 PM

If Gettleman's aim was misdirection with the timing of JPP move to Tampa it's working well. All last week sports radio here in Nj/NYC was warming up to picking Chubb with the second pick. They are comparing him to Strahan in his prime. This, after they were all on board with "suck for saquon". I don't think gettleman is a fool and I still think it's likely he goes for a QB but I do think Chubb's stock is rising and the likelihood he's still on the board at 6 is small. By the way I heard a Mel Kiper interview today and he says that what the Giants do with their pick is the biggest question/uncertainty of the draft this year.

Last edited by 1965southpaw; 03-25-2018 at 01:23 PM.
Old 03-25-2018, 01:36 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Gettleman loves to build through oline, Nelson has to be a huge temptation for him. Coughlin sticking it to him and the Giants over Norwell felt good I bet. But I think He and Elway have their eye on a certain QB and no one wants to show their hand to Cleveland. My guess is Allen with his athleticism and big arm. He could sit behind Eli for a year at least and learn. One of the top three should be there at 6, my guess is Nelson. I think Chubb likely goes at 4 or 5. I don't see the Giants taking him when they are going to a 3-4 and they can get that pass rusher from Oklahoma in the 2nd who is very underrated IMO.

If all are gone we have to stay in the top ten if we want Roquon or Edwards. Trade down scenarios are likely with Buffalo, Miami, or Arizona. I think it depends on what QB will be there and what the teams think of him.

Last edited by Chromeburn; 03-25-2018 at 01:56 PM.
Old 03-25-2018, 02:39 PM

Thanked 1,647 Times in 790 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Gettleman loves to build through oline, Nelson has to be a huge temptation for him. Coughlin sticking it to him and the Giants over Norwell felt good I bet. But I think He and Elway have their eye on a certain QB and no one wants to show their hand to Cleveland. My guess is Allen with his athleticism and big arm. He could sit behind Eli for a year at least and learn. One of the top three should be there at 6, my guess is Nelson. I think Chubb likely goes at 4 or 5. I don't see the Giants taking him when they are going to a 3-4 and they can get that pass rusher from Oklahoma in the 2nd who is very underrated IMO.

If all are gone we have to stay in the top ten if we want Roquon or Edwards. Trade down scenarios are likely with Buffalo, Miami, or Arizona. I think it depends on what QB will be there and what the teams think of him.
I think the Giants pick either QB or Barkley. Chubb seems the 3rd mostly likely bet. I kinda see Barkley making the biggest impact on that team.