ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-30-2023, 12:52 PM

Thanked 1,329 Times in 751 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
And this would be the issue with Taylor dogging it. If he can’t show clear separation between himself and Moss then he has zero chance of getting paid top dollar. Certainly no where near the $16m / yr he and his agent are rumored to be asking for. Especially considering he doesn’t offer much as a receiver or blocker in the passing game. Moss ran hard and my guess is he’ll be extra motivated seeing a potential starting job in range.
Taylor has definitely backed himself into a corner. Unless he's going to get that trade he requested, which doesn't sound likely, he's going to have to do a 180 on his attitude and ball out this season if he wants to get paid next year.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IndyNorm For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (07-30-2023), JAFF (07-30-2023), Racehorse (07-31-2023)
Old 07-30-2023, 12:56 PM

Thanked 1,329 Times in 751 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
Yes. Taylor's best route to getting paid is the route that is ostensibly setup through the CB agreement. He's only becoming further removed from his 2021 form which is the one a team would pay for. If he would shut up and show up for '24, get back to form and ball out... that's his best path to an extension.

If you're on the wrong end of a Zack Moss comparison, however...
A healthy JT is definitely better than Moss. Don't think anyone is going to argue that. But the dropoff doesn't appear to be so much that having to go w/ Moss instead of JT is going to kill the season. At least from the small sample size from Moss that we have to go off of.
The Following User Says Thank You to IndyNorm For This Useful Post:
ChaosTheory (07-30-2023)
Old 07-30-2023, 01:00 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post
Just heard some AM talk show that they think JT has been earmarked as the one the RB's think can change the landscape and that he is taking the role of trying to force a new type of contract just for RB's where initial contract is a 3 year vs 4 year. Also trying to set the standard that RB's re-up every 3 years. If this is true, if when all the RB's met to discuss a couple weeks ago he agreed to assume this posture, dude really is stupid. Go through the NFLPA not through your own contract negotiation dumb ass.
This makes the most sense to me. Guy was all in on playing out his contract and getting paid. It was no issue that he wouldn't get a new contract this year until it was. What changed? I have no idea but this makes sense on the surface. If it is true we it will get out, to many people will have had to know about it. It is a mess but labor issues usually are. The team will be fine whatever happens with this mess
Old 07-30-2023, 01:29 PM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Wow, new agent doing maximum reputational harm... JT one of these book smart street stupid guys or what???

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/doyel-j...031740457.html
The Following User Says Thank You to ChoppedWood For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (07-31-2023)
Old 07-30-2023, 03:44 PM

Thanked 1,902 Times in 928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
Taylor has definitely backed himself into a corner. Unless he's going to get that trade he requested, which doesn't sound likely, he's going to have to do a 180 on his attitude and ball out this season if he wants to get paid next year.
Colts would be fools to trade him. Tell him either show up and play or stay the fuck away. See how well that works for him.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hoopsdoc For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (07-30-2023), CletusPyle (07-30-2023), IndyNorm (07-30-2023)
Old 07-30-2023, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
Colts would be fools to trade him. Tell him either show up and play or stay the fuck away. See how well that works for him.
Exactly. We aren't gonna get anything better than a 2nd for a RB, sucks but that's the market, even for a potentially all time great. Nope, sit on his ass and let him squirm.
Old 07-30-2023, 04:08 PM

Thanked 1,649 Times in 790 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
A healthy JT is definitely better than Moss. Don't think anyone is going to argue that. But the dropoff doesn't appear to be so much that having to go w/ Moss instead of JT is going to kill the season. At least from the small sample size from Moss that we have to go off of.
Absolutely. The stat you posted just illustrates that, among other issues, the timing isn't helping him gain leverage. Opposite.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChaosTheory For This Useful Post:
IndyNorm (07-30-2023)
Old 07-30-2023, 04:20 PM

Thanked 1,902 Times in 928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post
Exactly. We aren't gonna get anything better than a 2nd for a RB, sucks but that's the market, even for a potentially all time great. Nope, sit on his ass and let him squirm.
I empathize with players more than I used to. I really do. But from what I can tell, Taylor hasn’t really even given the Colts a chance to make an offer. Sounds like he said something to the effect of “I want an extension and I want it now”.

Fuck that.

He can kiss my ass.

Either suit up and play or sit out the season, as far as I’m concerned.

He’s not going to come out ahead by sitting out.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hoopsdoc For This Useful Post:
JAFF (07-30-2023), Oldcolt (07-30-2023)
Old 07-30-2023, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
I empathize with players more than I used to. I really do. But from what I can tell, Taylor hasn’t really even given the Colts a chance to make an offer. Sounds like he said something to the effect of “I want an extension and I want it now”.

Fuck that.

He can kiss my ass.

Either suit up and play or sit out the season, as far as I’m concerned.

He’s not going to come out ahead by sitting out.
I agree, the situation for these guys is awful. Listening to a talk show the other day, RB's are the only position that play after play after play they get hit by a dude that is 100-150 LBs heavier than them. Yet year in and out, there are dudes that get 2,000 of their teams ~5,500 - 6,000 yards; one dude is accounting for 1/3 of the total output in yards- and they are getting paid some of the lowest wages for the job they perform. Their shelf life really is tiny, and that sucks. However, there is no quick fix to this legitimate issue, and trying to use your own personal contract to bend the knee of 32 multi-billionaires, man that is a dumb fucking path to choose. Cannot believe he of all people appears to be the moron that thinks he can change the NFL landscape. Wow.
Old 07-30-2023, 06:46 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Running backs situations is awful compared to who? JT is pissed because he is only going to make 4 million plus this year and is slated for 10=12 million next year. Not the 20-30 million wrs get, but awful? Not in the world I live in. He overvalues himself.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (07-30-2023), Racehorse (07-31-2023)