ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-30-2023, 07:25 AM

The biggest problem for any NFL RB is that the next guy in college is deemed to be even better, and cheaper. Life sucks, sorry guys, life as an NFL RB at the top table is short even for the extremely talented.
Old 07-30-2023, 09:34 AM

First Hines and now Taylor? What fucking cancer causing chemical is in that RB room?

I loved this guy As a badger, and I was so excited when we drafted him.

It’s a business and it’s his right, and I understand his perspective, but I’m a Colt fan and I’ve seen my guys replace dudes like you TWICE, Jonathan.

You got shit fucked up bro.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Session For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (07-31-2023)
Old 07-30-2023, 09:59 AM

Thanked 2,640 Times in 1,556 Posts

Irsay says we aren't trading him, but what kind of effort can you expect to get from such a disgruntled and unhappy player? At this point, I'm not sure I even want a guy like this under contract, he has shown his true character....unless he fires his agent and apologizes (yeah right) I don't trust him!
Old 07-30-2023, 10:32 AM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CletusPyle View Post
Irsay says we aren't trading him, but what kind of effort can you expect to get from such a disgruntled and unhappy player? At this point, I'm not sure I even want a guy like this under contract, he has shown his true character....unless he fires his agent and apologizes (yeah right) I don't trust him!
That's the thing, his cap hit is nothing, he can sit at home and it means basically nothing to the Colts. Hold out, stay home, collect a decent pay check, and watch the NFL march right by you. Next year, we have no obligation to do anything other than post highlights of his replacement. Dude / agent, does not understand this game, he will push himself out of the league with a hold out vs increasing his market / value.

I suppose he could show up, play a couple games, claim he is injured and then sit out so he isn't in violation of his current contract. Of course everyone talks and every owner / GM will know what he's up to- and thus rewarding him becomes even more unlikely. Slippery slope, very slippery.

Either JT or his agent are really stupid, perhaps both of them...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ChoppedWood For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (07-30-2023), IndyNorm (07-30-2023), Racehorse (07-31-2023)
Old 07-30-2023, 10:49 AM

Thanked 1,325 Times in 749 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post
Such a shitty outcome of what once looked like a transcendent opportunity.

We have ALL the leverage. Dude really runs the risk of destroying his career pulling this stunt right now. Seems like such a smart guy, but this is a very stupid move.
No doubt. Crazy thing is this is definitely costing JT money. If he had handled this like a professional similar to MPJ, who IMO has much more leverage currently than JT does, then JT would have gotten paid as long as he had a good year. Probably not Christian McCaffrey money, but at least Derrick Henry/Nick Chubb money. But since he's shown himself to be a total bitch diva then I doubt anyone's going to give him that. Especially when he's under contract, which is what he seems to think he's entitled to.

Also, it's a smaller sample size, but we actually ran the ball better with Moss last year than JT (see below). Which is just another reason why the Colts have all of the leverage.

Moss (4 starts): 4.8 ypc, 87.5 ypg
JT (10 starts): 4.5 ypc, 86.1 ypg
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IndyNorm For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (07-30-2023), CletusPyle (07-30-2023)
Old 07-30-2023, 11:12 AM

Thanked 1,649 Times in 790 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CletusPyle View Post
Irsay says we aren't trading him, but what kind of effort can you expect to get from such a disgruntled and unhappy player?
Like others are saying, that's only going to hurt him if he wants another team to pay money + draft capital for him.

I keep hearing about the agent and it gives me Mike Tyson-Don King vibes as far as corrupting a star. Maybe that's not fair, I don't know.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChaosTheory For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (07-30-2023)
Old 07-30-2023, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
Moss (4 starts): 4.8 ypc, 87.5 ypg
JT (10 starts): 4.5 ypc, 86.1 ypg
And this would be the issue with Taylor dogging it. If he can’t show clear separation between himself and Moss then he has zero chance of getting paid top dollar. Certainly no where near the $16m / yr he and his agent are rumored to be asking for. Especially considering he doesn’t offer much as a receiver or blocker in the passing game. Moss ran hard and my guess is he’ll be extra motivated seeing a potential starting job in range.
Old 07-30-2023, 11:47 AM

Thanked 2,538 Times in 1,489 Posts

I hope cooler heads can prevail and things can get patched up.

Taylor is one of my favorite players for the Colts in a long time, and in general I'm sympathetic to the plight of RB's in this league. Irsay's dumbass tweet didn't help anything either.

That said, I can't say this trade demand is good for him, and his agent seems like the biggest fuckwad and a half.
CletusPyle (07-30-2023), Racehorse (07-31-2023)
Old 07-30-2023, 11:48 AM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Just heard some AM talk show that they think JT has been earmarked as the one the RB's think can change the landscape and that he is taking the role of trying to force a new type of contract just for RB's where initial contract is a 3 year vs 4 year. Also trying to set the standard that RB's re-up every 3 years. If this is true, if when all the RB's met to discuss a couple weeks ago he agreed to assume this posture, dude really is stupid. Go through the NFLPA not through your own contract negotiation dumb ass.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChoppedWood For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (07-31-2023)
Old 07-30-2023, 12:20 PM

Thanked 1,649 Times in 790 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
And this would be the issue with Taylor dogging it. If he can’t show clear separation between himself and Moss then he has zero chance of getting paid top dollar. Certainly no where near the $16m / yr he and his agent are rumored to be asking for. Especially considering he doesn’t offer much as a receiver or blocker in the passing game. Moss ran hard and my guess is he’ll be extra motivated seeing a potential starting job in range.
Yes. Taylor's best route to getting paid is the route that is ostensibly setup through the CB agreement. He's only becoming further removed from his 2021 form which is the one a team would pay for. If he would shut up and show up for '24, get back to form and ball out... that's his best path to an extension.

If you're on the wrong end of a Zack Moss comparison, however...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post
Just heard some AM talk show that they think JT has been earmarked as the one the RB's think can change the landscape and that he is taking the role of trying to force a new type of contract just for RB's where initial contract is a 3 year vs 4 year. Also trying to set the standard that RB's re-up every 3 years. If this is true, if when all the RB's met to discuss a couple weeks ago he agreed to assume this posture, dude really is stupid. Go through the NFLPA not through your own contract negotiation dumb ass.
It's fucking stupid. What, we're going to have individual CB's for every position in the game? Eventually the union rep for the X-Receivers is pushing for more guaranteed money because Z-Receivers get to line up off the line of scrimmage.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChaosTheory For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (07-30-2023)