ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-09-2023, 10:40 PM

Thanked 1,329 Times in 751 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Yeah so many of them are going back on the "pay a RB notion". All last year they were complaining about the contracts to non-premium positions and they would say "Well you know who is next? Jonathon Taylor, they are going to pay him and you shouldn't do it."

Now they aren't paying him and everyone is making a stink about that. Not to mention the fact he is STILL injured. Who would sign a RB with a mysterious lingering injury like that?

As for the oline thing, I'm ok with it because the line was getting better at the end of the year with Raimann improving and Pryor out of the lineup. Q was really hurt, with him healthy it should be better and with Raimann making a second-year jump. Kelly is still a risk to me, but that seems more mental which he has talked about. I think they are betting on the players returning to form. But we will see, he's made mistakes before.

To me CB is the group that is gonna have a rough season. Too much youth. They are going to get beat a lot. But they should come out better for it. Lots of youth but lots of talent too.

To be somewhat fair to JT we have given out a shitload of money to non-premium position players who aren't as good as him. But yeah if he's actually hurt then he can't actually think we'd sign him before proving he's over his injury.

Regarding the OL at the very least we should be concerned with the depth there. If Pinter is back to OC full time then we're probably ok there, but other than that all we really have is a 4th round rookie for OT and a UDFA rookie at OG.

Agree that the CBs are going to struggle. I can see us spending another higher round draft pick on CB in '24.
The Following User Says Thank You to IndyNorm For This Useful Post:
Chromeburn (08-11-2023)
Old 08-11-2023, 12:30 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,683 Times in 2,059 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
To be somewhat fair to JT we have given out a shitload of money to non-premium position players who aren't as good as him. But yeah if he's actually hurt then he can't actually think we'd sign him before proving he's over his injury.

Regarding the OL at the very least we should be concerned with the depth there. If Pinter is back to OC full time then we're probably ok there, but other than that all we really have is a 4th round rookie for OT and a UDFA rookie at OG.

Agree that the CBs are going to struggle. I can see us spending another higher round draft pick on CB in '24.
JT definitely has a point, as I said in another post, I’m not as hard on him as I initially was. It’s not fair to him at all that RBs are a depreciating stock. But his demands are just unrealistic. No team is going to pay him what he wants. Much like the Bell situation his hard ball stance is probably just going to hurt him and he isn’t the weapon Bell was in the passing game. The injury just reinforces the situation against him.

Depth is not great at OL, Dan Skipper is in there offering some experience. Seems they want to develop the draft picks over bringing in a vet to supplant them. I would not be surprised if they added some guys during cut down days.

But the secondary is much more devoid of experience. That will be a sore point all year as we play all those young guys. Lots of potential in that group but it will be rough going for awhile.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (08-11-2023)
Old 08-11-2023, 04:27 PM

Thanked 4,404 Times in 2,531 Posts

Quote:
JT definitely has a point, as I said in another post, I’m not as hard on him as I initially was. It’s not fair to him at all that RBs are a depreciating stock. But his demands are just unrealistic. No team is going to pay him what he wants. Much like the Bell situation his hard ball stance is probably just going to hurt him and he isn’t the weapon Bell was in the passing game. The injury just reinforces the situation against him.

Depth is not great at OL, Dan Skipper is in there offering some experience. Seems they want to develop the draft picks over bringing in a vet to supplant them. I would not be surprised if they added some guys during cut down days.

But the secondary is much more devoid of experience. That will be a sore point all year as we play all those young guys. Lots of potential in that group but it will be rough going for awhile.
Like you, I am not down on the guy. I like what he brings to the field. he is one of the few difference makers at the position. That said, he needs to realize the market for his position is not good at all. I think he comes to that realization in a week or three and tries to make the relationship work.
Old 08-13-2023, 09:11 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,683 Times in 2,059 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
Like you, I am not down on the guy. I like what he brings to the field. he is one of the few difference makers at the position. That said, he needs to realize the market for his position is not good at all. I think he comes to that realization in a week or three and tries to make the relationship work.
Yeah, I actually think they will work it out too. But he needs to realize he isn’t resetting the market. Saquan tried and failed. Dalvin Cook tried and got released. The RB market is dead. If he gets a decent deal I hope he jumps at it bc it probably won’t be much better anywhere else.
Old 08-13-2023, 09:50 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Yeah, I actually think they will work it out too. But he needs to realize he isn’t resetting the market. Saquan tried and failed. Dalvin Cook tried and got released. The RB market is dead. If he gets a decent deal I hope he jumps at it bc it probably won’t be much better anywhere else.
The Colts need to put healthy bonuses for yards gained, TDs, pass receiving, ect. Reward him if he has a great year.