ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 05-10-2020, 11:49 AM
Accidental Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcubed View Post
Looked like pittman was under thrown on all those highlights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree, highlights are not a great guide to a player, but I think despite the underthrows he showed serious toughness multiple times to go up and get it. He's an exciting player.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."
Old 05-14-2020, 01:10 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,595 Times in 925 Posts

S Julian Blackmon Utah

Strengths
Former CB with good coverage skills in man and short zones. Shows coverage ability to run with and cover backs, tight ends, and slot receivers. Can sometimes bait a QB into a bad throw in short zones. Displays excellent closing speed in the quick game and has a knack for creating negative plays against screens, swing passes, and mesh. Willing tackler who shows no fear in run support and can both deliver punishing blows or use good wrap up technique. Usually is an excellent tackler in the open field and rarely allows a ballcarrier to beat him in a one on one situation. Was playing an excellent game in PAC 12 Championship vs. Oregon prior to ACL injury, and his absence clearly made a difference once he left.

Weaknesses
Needs to improve in deep coverage. Was used a lot as high safety but struggled to close on deep half or deep third assignments. Displayed poor recovery speed consistently, play was usually over if the receiver got a step on him. Seems to not trust his reads in deep coverage. Poor game vs. USC, probably his worst tape. Tore ACL vs. Oregon in PAC 12 Championship.

Notes
Second Team All-American, First Team All-PAC 12, One of 13 players on team's "leadership council"

NFL Player Comparison
Vonn Bell
The Following User Says Thank You to Dam8610 For This Useful Post:
smitty46953 (05-14-2020)
Old 05-14-2020, 10:16 PM
Post whore

QB Jacob Eason Washington

Strengths
Has the arm strength to make any NFL level throw, and some throws only a handful of QBs in the NFL can make. Routinely fits balls into very tight windows. Ball placement is exactly what it should be on most throws, and many drops disguise solid accuracy in completion percentage. Regularly hits his receivers in stride, allowing them a better opportunity to create RAC yardage. Deep ball placement and accuracy is usually excellent. Knows how to put loft into his deep throws and place the ball where only his receiver can get it. Occassionally displays sneaky athleticism and ability to extend a play and turn a broken play into a positive one. Always keeps his eyes downfield even in the face of pressure. Can use his eyes to manipulate defenders into creating open throwing lanes. Unafraid to stand in and take the big hit to deliver the ball where it needs to be. Excellent at converting short yardage third downs on QB sneaks, taking full advantage of his size. Give him a clean pocket and he'll pick apart any defense. Played in a similar style of offense at Washington to the Colts offense, so learning curve may not be as steep.

Weaknesses
Needs to put in a lot of work in the film room. Ability to read defenses pre-snap and post-snap is not NFL ready and must improve. Decision making is not NFL ready and must improve. At times puts too much confidence in his arm and makes throws to receivers who aren't open and are double or triple covered. At other times is too quick to take the checkdown and misses an opportunity for a big play. Has a tendency at times of making decision pre-snap on who the ball is going to and locking in on that receiver instead of going through progressions. Sense for pressure is not NFL ready and needs to improve, leading to unnecessary sacks sometimes and an unnecessarily quick trigger at other times. Throws short and medium throws that should be touch throws as fastballs too often. Situational awareness must improve. Needs to know when to take an incompletion instead of trying to do too much and creating a negative play for the offense. Ideally would be a little more concerned with not losing the ball on giveaways.

Notes
Transferred from Georgia after losing starting job to Jake Fromm in 2017. Son of former Notre Dame WR Tony Eason.

NFL Player Comparison
Ben Roethlisberger
The Following User Says Thank You to Dam8610 For This Useful Post:
smitty46953 (05-15-2020)
Old 05-18-2020, 11:24 PM
Post whore

OG Danny Pinter Ball State

Strengths
Athleticism stands out from RT position. Displays good kick slide ability and frequently forced speed rushers to run the arc, providing his QB with a clean pocket. Keeps his head on a swivel looking for blocks in the run game and pass game. Rarely misses assignments in pass protection, and usually makes the correct read when switching blocks, and effectively blocked two players frequently as a result. Displays good footwork and recovery ability in pass protection and shows the ability to recover and win a snap when initially overwhelmed. Finishes blocks in the run game. High effort player who always plays to the whistle. Excels at pulling and blocking effectively in the run game at the second level where his athleticism is on display. Converted tight end who shows some receiving ability. Did not look overmatched against NFL caliber competition against Notre Dame (2018) or NC State (2019). Could provide value as a versatile backup, athleticism indicates he could play guard or tackle in a backup capacity.

Weaknesses
Upper half technique needs a lot of work. Needs to extend arms and punch into rushers instead of allowing them to use their hands and arms against him. Consistently tries to catch the pass rush instead of meeting the rush forcefully. Was beat by both speed and power as a pass protector on occasion, but only when the rusher used good hand and arm technique against him. Held his ground in the run game, but struggled to gain ground against defenders. Occasionally would be too overzealous in space and miss a block trying to get to it too quickly.

Notes
Team Captain. Was named First Team All-MAC in 2019 and Ball State's Most Outstanding Player.

NFL Player Comparison
Jake Scott
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dam8610 For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (05-19-2020), smitty46953 (05-19-2020)
Old 05-19-2020, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post

OG Danny Pinter Ball State

Strengths
Athleticism stands out from RT position. Displays good kick slide ability and frequently forced speed rushers to run the arc, providing his QB with a clean pocket. Keeps his head on a swivel looking for blocks in the run game and pass game. Rarely misses assignments in pass protection, and usually makes the correct read when switching blocks, and effectively blocked two players frequently as a result. Displays good footwork and recovery ability in pass protection and shows the ability to recover and win a snap when initially overwhelmed. Finishes blocks in the run game. High effort player who always plays to the whistle. Excels at pulling and blocking effectively in the run game at the second level where his athleticism is on display. Converted tight end who shows some receiving ability. Did not look overmatched against NFL caliber competition against Notre Dame (2018) or NC State (2019). Could provide value as a versatile backup, athleticism indicates he could play guard or tackle in a backup capacity.

Weaknesses
Upper half technique needs a lot of work. Needs to extend arms and punch into rushers instead of allowing them to use their hands and arms against him. Consistently tries to catch the pass rush instead of meeting the rush forcefully. Was beat by both speed and power as a pass protector on occasion, but only when the rusher used good hand and arm technique against him. Held his ground in the run game, but struggled to gain ground against defenders. Occasionally would be too overzealous in space and miss a block trying to get to it too quickly.

Notes
Team Captain. Was named First Team All-MAC in 2019 and Ball State's Most Outstanding Player.

NFL Player Comparison
Jake Scott
Crud, I loved Jake Scott's play when he was a starter for the Colts. That would be a great ceiling for him to hit.

If Pinter can turn into that level of a starter after he irons out his play strength deficiencies and adjusts to the higher level of play, that would be a fantastic find in the 4th round.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ironshaft For This Useful Post:
JAFF (05-19-2020), Racehorse (05-19-2020), smitty46953 (05-19-2020)
Old 05-19-2020, 04:44 PM

Thanked 1,260 Times in 720 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironshaft View Post
Crud, I loved Jake Scott's play when he was a starter for the Colts. That would be a great ceiling for him to hit.

If Pinter can turn into that level of a starter after he irons out his play strength deficiencies and adjusts to the higher level of play, that would be a fantastic find in the 4th round.
5th round*, and agreed on if he ends up being at the same level as Scott then he will have been a great find.
The Following User Says Thank You to IndyNorm For This Useful Post:
Ironshaft (05-19-2020)
Old 05-20-2020, 12:09 PM
Accidental Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
5th round*, and agreed on if he ends up being at the same level as Scott then he will have been a great find.
I watched highlights (vs film) on Pinter and he seemed pretty legit. I would not be surprised if around mid season he is the starter over Glowinski.

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."