ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-10-2022, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
You dont let Nelson leave by FA. He’s a once in a generation talent. It tells your team you’re not willing to pay the best that’s the shit Jim Irsay dad pulled on the fans.

The money involved in salaries is all monopoly money. It didn’t prevent us from dumping Wentz to the Washington whatever you’re calling him this week. There’s always a way to maneuver money find money create some ridiculous exception to pay the people you wanna pay. That’s why I don’t worry about it. Also it’s not my money so I probably deep down inside I don’t freaking care
You don’t let him leave by FA because you should have been planning to reset the OG market from the day you picked him at 6. Otherwise the pick was completely stupid. It’s pretty much the same with trading him primarily because you have to pay him. The only reason you can justify the pick is because he has been a HOF level player. You can trade him to help get a QB and you can trade him if there are major concerns about his back, but not because he’s exactly what you drafted him to be.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rm1369 For This Useful Post:
IndyNorm (03-10-2022), Ironshaft (03-11-2022), JAFF (03-10-2022), Lov2fish (03-10-2022)
Old 03-10-2022, 10:41 PM

Thanked 1,662 Times in 794 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
You dont let Nelson leave by FA. He’s a once in a generation talent. It tells your team you’re not willing to pay the best that’s the shit Jim Irsay dad pulled on the fans.
Yeah, that's what I was saying. I thought you were implying that we disagreed on Nelson.

As far as money... Yeah it's Monopoly money to an extent for a multi-billionaire like Irsay. But for Ballard and the team, it's the confines of the NFL. I don't pay attention to the cap because I have some principled position on what I think a player's worth is. And I'm also not concerned about being fair to the owner's wallet.

Hypothetically if a player like Nelson were a free agent right now, teams like the Colts could go after him. Teams like the Saints can't. It may be Monopoly money... but they don't have any of it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ChaosTheory For This Useful Post:
IndyNorm (03-11-2022), JAFF (03-11-2022), Racehorse (03-11-2022)