ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 08-01-2019, 11:29 AM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts
Default Dodds

Zach Keefer at the Athletic (subscription but i think worth it-only one I have) wrote an article on Ed Dodds, our assistant general manager. Left a job in Seattle he loved to come here with an old friend (Ballard) because he felt that if the choice was a comfy job in a winning organization or to compete and put himself in a position where he could fail, well he wanted to compete. Two quotes

First is about the accolades the Colts were getting after winning a playoff game:

“We ain’t done shit yet,” the Colts assistant general manager told them. “We won a fucking wild-card game.”

I really love the second one:

“I just felt like everyone was jacked, we’re on this win streak, and I’m kinda like, what the fuck does it matter?” Dodds said a few months later. “If we don’t go to a Super Bowl, so what? A couple of injuries, bomb a couple of draft picks, no one in the pipeline to replace the players you lost? You gotta be relentless. You can’t stop. I don’t.”

I'm loving this team
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
Hoopsdoc (08-01-2019), Maniac (08-02-2019), VeveJones007 (08-01-2019)
Old 08-01-2019, 12:27 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Like the attitude, need to balance out all the marketing, hype, and people with Colts colored glasses. This is a tough schedule, at least if the teams are like they were last year, there will be some hiccups along the way. Not even a sure thing to win the division.

I was listening to something the other day and the reporter was talking about the temperament of the players and team. He said they were all smart level headed guys. That they don’t get too far up or down. He thought that was why they made the push in the second half of the season because they did not let the early season failures get them too far down and the wins started to balance out with the effort.

Thought it was an interesting take.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (08-01-2019)
Old 08-01-2019, 10:27 PM
Post whore

He's a bad mo-fo, need to keep him around as long as we can.