ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-03-2022, 05:43 PM

Thanked 1,477 Times in 815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
Very true. I'm not saying I want them to do this with Wentz.

I'm just racking my brain at what Ballard might want to do. I don't have the most confidence in us bringing in one of those four guys.
based on what has already been said by colts top brass, I feel like irsay and ballard are done with wentz but reich, while disappointed in wentz-year-one, still wants to give it another try. I think ballard will investigate all possibilities but will settle on one more year with wentz or possibly roll with ehlinger for a year with eyes on drafting this or most likely next year.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rcubed For This Useful Post:
ChaosTheory (03-03-2022), Racehorse (03-03-2022)
Old 03-03-2022, 06:34 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,683 Times in 2,059 Posts

Ballard was just on the morning show. It did not sound like he will be back. I think they are still going through the pros and cons. This sucks, it’s exactly what I was afraid of last year. If anyone wants to know what Wentz’s mechanical issues are, here is a great thread Zach hicks wrote on it last year. Exact same stuff happened this year. He either doesn’t work on it in the off-season or he just isn’t fixable.

https://twitter.com/zachhicks2/statu...820952587?s=21
The Following User Says Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
apballin (03-03-2022)
Old 03-03-2022, 10:48 PM

Thanked 1,656 Times in 792 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcubed View Post
based on what has already been said by colts top brass, I feel like irsay and ballard are done with wentz but reich, while disappointed in wentz-year-one, still wants to give it another try. I think ballard will investigate all possibilities but will settle on one more year with wentz or possibly roll with ehlinger for a year with eyes on drafting this or most likely next year.
Exactly my thinking. Unfortunately.
Old 03-04-2022, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post
Only thing good was his TD to INT ratio and you can thank all the attention Taylor got for that
To your point, I actually think this roster is more ready for a rookie passer (or close, like Ehlinger), There are still too many holes to fill on our squad, so it may take a year or two to fill it. In the meantime we can find that guy and I think we should do it now, with or without Wentz.
Because of our teams strengths, we could plug a rookie QB into our team who is smart, play system friendly football, and operate within Frank's scheme if it can be watered down some. Basically Mac Jones type of deal. A large reason why, in my opinion, our passing game faltered this year is due to reps, timing with Wentz and the receivers. Just at times when it seemed they were getting it together, Taylor would have a freaking blowup game and as the season wore on, EVERYONE was clamoring for JT to get fed the rock. So we did it. We did it at the expense of our passing game, really. Did COVID and Injures and yes, Wentz just generally shitting his red haired pants play a big factor? Yes it did.

On a side note, AR and Russ not going anywhere is really good for the Wentz market. We me may very well be able to ship him off for a 2 and 5 or something like that. If we do, we can really go out there and hand pick the best cheap FA QB on the market to compete with a rookie and Ehlinger. I like it!
The Following User Says Thank You to MeSayDayo For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (03-05-2022)
Old 03-04-2022, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CletusPyle View Post
Sounds like he'll be back to me....CBS says Derrick Carr will be a Colt next season. I've seen reports that Wentz will be traded to Washington, so I guess we just have to wait!
Who would be DUMB enough to trade for Wentz, especially after his last two years !! If Ballard gets ANYTHING for him, he should immediately be crowned GM of the year!! Cut his worthless ass and move on, its going to be another wait until next year for the Colts anyway, by the time Ballard gets his QB, the current roster will all be collecting social security !!!
Old 03-04-2022, 03:49 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,683 Times in 2,059 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by njcoltfan View Post
Who would be DUMB enough to trade for Wentz, especially after his last two years !! If Ballard gets ANYTHING for him, he should immediately be crowned GM of the year!! Cut his worthless ass and move on, its going to be another wait until next year for the Colts anyway, by the time Ballard gets his QB, the current roster will all be collecting social security !!!
I’m hoping there is a limited market. Deshaun Watson and Jimmy g look to be the only ones hitting the market. So there might be some demand. Coaches are egomaniacs. So someone might think they can fix him. Tampa? Washington?