ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Everything Else > General Topics
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-11-2023, 07:22 AM

Thanked 4,399 Times in 2,530 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
Let me guess, you dont believe in climate change.
Let me guess, you think it is 100% man-made.
Old 09-11-2023, 09:10 AM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
Let me guess, you think it is 100% man-made.
No, climate change is part of the evolution of the planet. Iran and Iraq were more like Indiana and Ohio than their present state, could be compared to New Mexico or parts of Arizona. The Earth had a wobble from the asteroid hit that killed the dinosaurs. As it slowed, the climate of that region changed.

We know, from a century of data collection, that the CO2 AND CO levels have been increasing. They show a direct relationship of change, CO2 increases as the planet increases the combustion of carbon fuel.

Things we can do now.

1 stop cutting down forests and paving over crop land. Plants are the best way to take CO2 out of the air and replace it with O2. In the 20+ years I have lived in Indiana, thousands of acres of farmland have been paved over for houses and malls. This is happening in many nations around the world. We need the trees, grass, and crops.

2. Use less oil and gas. Set home thermostats higher in summer and lower in winter.

3. Hybrid vehicles are something we could do now. Give a big tax cut for buying energy efficient cars.

4. Nuclear power, not using breeder reactors. France has cheap energy using a reactor system that does use enriched uranium. We dont need more nuclear bombs, their are methods that are safer. Build these plants at old coal fired plants that have been shuttered. Access to the electrical grid is in place.

Oh, and let the US Navy run the reactors. They have the best safety record when it comes to operations. The big corps will bitch about it, but their safety history sucks.

If we decrease our use of oil and gas, the arabs fucked. They cant feed themselves, and their income is decreased dramatically.

All of this is possible. Stop funding the arabs, and WE set the price of oil.

Increasing our production will make it a little cheaper. Lets stop funding the arabs and uses a system that benefits US right now.

That is a simple list of things that can be started NOW.
Old 09-11-2023, 04:57 PM

Quote:
No, climate change is part of the evolution of the planet. Iran and Iraq were more like Indiana and Ohio than their present state, could be compared to New Mexico or parts of Arizona. The Earth had a wobble from the asteroid hit that killed the dinosaurs. As it slowed, the climate of that region changed.

We know, from a century of data collection, that the CO2 AND CO levels have been increasing. They show a direct relationship of change, CO2 increases as the planet increases the combustion of carbon fuel.

Things we can do now.

1 stop cutting down forests and paving over crop land. Plants are the best way to take CO2 out of the air and replace it with O2. In the 20+ years I have lived in Indiana, thousands of acres of farmland have been paved over for houses and malls. This is happening in many nations around the world. We need the trees, grass, and crops.

2. Use less oil and gas. Set home thermostats higher in summer and lower in winter.

3. Hybrid vehicles are something we could do now. Give a big tax cut for buying energy efficient cars.

4. Nuclear power, not using breeder reactors. France has cheap energy using a reactor system that does use enriched uranium. We dont need more nuclear bombs, their are methods that are safer. Build these plants at old coal fired plants that have been shuttered. Access to the electrical grid is in place.

Oh, and let the US Navy run the reactors. They have the best safety record when it comes to operations. The big corps will bitch about it, but their safety history sucks.

If we decrease our use of oil and gas, the arabs fucked. They cant feed themselves, and their income is decreased dramatically.

All of this is possible. Stop funding the arabs, and WE set the price of oil.

Increasing our production will make it a little cheaper. Lets stop funding the arabs and uses a system that benefits US right now.

That is a simple list of things that can be started NOW.
I can get on board with some of this, but the idea that we can somehow eliminate gas-powered vehicles completely is laughable. As for nuclear reactors, it is a good idea that most communities support being built in some other community. It seems the areas that need their energy potential the most are the ones who do not want them near their city.
Old 09-11-2023, 06:03 PM
Post whore

Quote:
but the idea that we can somehow eliminate gas-powered vehicles completely is laughable.

I never said that. We will need trains, farm tractors and combines. Farm production with fewer workers available will need diesel driven equipment. We had electric driven trains in the past, and there are short routes that would work. We need to rebuild the rail infrastructure, and some of it it can be powered by electricity.

There is no perfect solution for zero carbon emissions. Not in the short turn. Our commitment to using oil for energy forces us to work with the Saudis, and that must stop. You want to screw the arabs, stop buying their energy.
Old 09-11-2023, 08:08 PM

Quote:
I never said that. We will need trains, farm tractors and combines. Farm production with fewer workers available will need diesel driven equipment. We had electric driven trains in the past, and there are short routes that would work. We need to rebuild the rail infrastructure, and some of it it can be powered by electricity.

There is no perfect solution for zero carbon emissions. Not in the short turn. Our commitment to using oil for energy forces us to work with the Saudis, and that must stop. You want to screw the arabs, stop buying their energy.
I probably use less oil energy than 80% of this country. Probably less than you, but you pontificate to me about it.
Old 09-11-2023, 10:45 PM
Post whore

Quote:
I probably use less oil energy than 80% of this country. Probably less than you, but you pontificate to me about it.
Its not about you, its about all of us.

And when challenged I will defend my position

By the way, great news on batteries

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/...st-study-finds

A step in the right direction
Old 09-12-2023, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Its not about you, its about all of us.

And when challenged I will defend my position

By the way, great news on batteries

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/...st-study-finds

A step in the right direction
Stop posting political crap, and you will not be challenged. It really is that simple.
Old 09-12-2023, 09:12 AM
Post whore

Quote:
Stop posting political crap, and you will not be challenged. It really is that simple.
Stop reading my posts. Wow, that was easy.
Old 09-12-2023, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Stop reading my posts. Wow, that was easy.
I guess I could block you
Old 09-12-2023, 07:01 PM
Post whore

Quote:
I guess I could block you
I will miss you.