ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-20-2022, 04:47 PM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
Oh please. Look at the all pros on the roster and Ballard either traded for them or drafted them
Look at the playoff record of the all pros.

Evaluated on results. Your record is who you are. We are a mediocre football team under Ballard.
Old 03-20-2022, 06:00 PM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post
Look at the playoff record of the all pros.

Evaluated on results. Your record is who you are. We are a mediocre football team under Ballard.
JAFF is probably a paid representative of the Colts organization. We've all been banned from dotcom (that's why we're here), but they still pay attention to/want fan reaction/opinions. He/she's a podcast and video posting positivity troll account.
ChoppedWood (03-20-2022)
Old 03-20-2022, 06:13 PM

Thanked 1,902 Times in 928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
I think that either Pickett or Ridder would be worth a pick. Roll with them this r and if it doesn't work out draft another in 23 when we have a 1st round pick to be able to move up.

Then let one of those two replace Sam as backup if they are better

I'd take Mariota or Winston over Baker for many many reasons but mostly because we don't have to trade any picks
That 3rd or even 2nd round pick isn’t going to get you a quarterback as good as Mayfield. It’s just not.

So what’s the point of protecting that pick when you still have NO ONE at quarterback and that pick isn’t going to get you someone? What’s the benefit?
Old 03-20-2022, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
That 3rd or even 2nd round pick isn’t going to get you a quarterback as good as Mayfield. It’s just not.

So what’s the point of protecting that pick when you still have NO ONE at quarterback and that pick isn’t going to get you someone? What’s the benefit?
Because of the reliance on draft picks to fill EVERY hole on the roster you need that pick for LT, WR, TE, or CB. The argument a few are making is just to sign Mariota or Winston and then use the first next year on your QB. So we are looking at another wasted season to draft a rookie QB (hopefully) who of course you can’t expect to win right away, so in all likelihood you are looking at the 2024 Colts starting to get actually competitive. Just in time for Houston and Jacksonville to also be on the upswing. And people were telling me I how ridiculous I was being in 2018 saying Ballard’s methods will result in an unnecessarily long rebuild.
The Following User Says Thank You to rm1369 For This Useful Post:
IndyNorm (03-20-2022)
Old 03-20-2022, 07:41 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brylok View Post
JAFF is probably a paid representative of the Colts organization. We've all been banned from dotcom (that's why we're here), but they still pay attention to/want fan reaction/opinions. He/she's a podcast and video posting positivity troll account.
The Colts have better things to do than read fan web sites.
Old 03-20-2022, 08:07 PM

Thanked 2,257 Times in 1,216 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
He is not a very good QB. He is on a loaded Cleveland team and has had 1 winning season.

He is always at odds with someone.

He is going to cost us draft picks and then have to re negotiate his contract next yr. He will either want paid big or will sign with someone else.

He is not worth anything more than a 3rd rd pick IMO and we will still need to draft a QB either this yr or next. He has a big arm, but is always hurt

Does't seem like it's a race between teams to trade for him. Otherwise he would already be gone. Cleveland has already traded for Brissett to be the backup.

If you want the revolving door at QB to stop then you should not want Baker
Look, I'm a Sooner fan and a baker fan. But I see the flaws in his game. For instance he has a strong tendency to bail to the right whether there is pressure or not.

Defense's takes place advantage of that. I've seen it all from the crotch grab vs Texas to the flag plant vs the Buckeyes and the drunken Baker being chased by the police.

If you guys wanna trade for him that's your business. But, I would wait out the market, because I believe that he will eventually be released.
Old 03-20-2022, 08:48 PM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

Quote:
Another bot response.
Yeah, the fans only buy the tickets and shirts/merch. Screw all of us. So it goes
ChoppedWood (03-20-2022)
Old 03-20-2022, 08:49 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,138 Times in 645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
Look, I'm a Sooner fan and a baker fan. But I see the flaws in his game. For instance he has a strong tendency to bail to the right whether there is pressure or not.

Defense's takes place advantage of that. I've seen it all from the crotch grab vs Texas to the flag plant vs the Buckeyes and the drunken Baker being chased by the police.

If you guys wanna trade for him that's your business. But, I would wait out the market, because I believe that he will eventually be released.
So you’d rather have Winston the Uber groper, W eating, crab legs thief
Old 03-20-2022, 08:58 PM

Thanked 1,328 Times in 751 Posts

Quote:
Oh please. Look at the all pros on the roster and Ballard either traded for them or drafted them
Yet this supposedly great team couldn't even hit the wide up layup of beating one of the worst teams in the history of the league with a playoff spot on the line, and things have gotten way worse since then. As it stands we have to be the worst team in the league: no legitimate starting NFL QB, LT, WR2, WR3, CB1, and probably CB2 (maybe Ballard's bargain bin guy from LVR will pan out).

Maybe Ballard fixes some of this shit before the start of the season, but I doubt it. In all likelihood all he'll do is follow his process of bringing in a couple of bargain bin FAs and then try to fill all of the holes through the draft where we don't even have a 1st rounder.
The Following User Says Thank You to IndyNorm For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (03-20-2022)
Old 03-20-2022, 09:01 PM

Thanked 1,328 Times in 751 Posts

Quote:
Like what? Sit on all of that cash that Ballard saves Irsay every single offseason?
The Following User Says Thank You to IndyNorm For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (03-20-2022)