ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 02-13-2018, 11:42 PM
Administrator

Thanked 1,965 Times in 1,038 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
I have mixed feelings on HCs calling plays.
Worked for Andy Reid, oh wait bad example
Old 02-14-2018, 07:48 AM

Thanked 1,189 Times in 523 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
I have mixed feelings on HCs calling plays.
On one hand, he will be in the flow of the game and know when to press and when to play it cool.

On the other hand, it might be easy for him to end up overlooking Special Teams or Defensive game planning if he is focused on his next play calling.

Hmmm....I guess that is about the definition of "mixed feelings!"

Walk Worthy,
Old 02-14-2018, 10:06 AM
Administrator

Thanked 1,965 Times in 1,038 Posts

Link to yesterdays presser introducing Frank Reich ...

http://www.colts.com/videos/videos/F...b-379fcfc8413e
Pez (02-14-2018)
Old 02-14-2018, 11:17 AM

Thanked 2,211 Times in 1,191 Posts

This is coaching folks. It's what we can look forward to. It's something we would have never seen from the previous, sorry ass regime.

Sorry Dam, COACHING DOES FUKN MATTER!

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/02/11/ea...mqb-peter-king
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to YDFL Commish For This Useful Post:
1965southpaw (02-14-2018), ChoppedWood (02-15-2018), Maniac (02-15-2018), omahacolt (02-14-2018), Racehorse (02-15-2018), Spike (02-14-2018)
Old 02-14-2018, 11:22 AM

Thanked 1,647 Times in 790 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
This is coaching folks. It's what we can look forward to. It's something we would have never seen from the previous, sorry ass regime.

plus there's that quote he cited near the end of his press conference, about "you don't suddenly become the opposite of your habits and thoughts" which he correctly interprets as pointing to the importance of practice and preparation. This is one of the main ways coaching matters - if players are not executing on the field it may be talent but its mostly that they didn't practice enough, or practice well enough. And that falls on coaching.
The Following User Says Thank You to HoosierinFL For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (02-15-2018)
Old 02-14-2018, 01:13 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,595 Times in 925 Posts

Quote:

You would've said to Einstein that his equation was wrong because "ENERGY ISN'T MATTER!" because you have no understanding of the concept of relativity.
Old 02-14-2018, 02:14 PM

Thanked 4,275 Times in 1,745 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
You would've said to Einstein that his equation was wrong because "ENERGY ISN'T MATTER!" because you have no understanding of the concept of relativity.
What a dumbass
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
HoosierinFL (02-14-2018), YDFL Commish (02-14-2018)
Old 02-14-2018, 07:28 PM

Quote:

This makes me happy. This is exactly what Venturi has been ranting about for the last year....that our coloring book offense doesn't use stacks, bunches, motion to design TY and others into good, creative plays.......I had a chance to hear Big Joe interview Reich today (they are teammates from Buffalo and they had a really open chemistry....I'm going to like hearing more of Big Joe and Reich interviews) and there were a couple of things I took away:

1.He's smart....I hate to say this of anyone but I just don't think Pagano and his staff were very smart. We didn't have smart schemes and the mental agility required to make in game adjustments/calls were beyond Pagano's reach. I don't know if it's because he is a former QB and you have to do more thinking than other positions or if it's because he was a Backup QB where you have to be sharp enough to out-think your physical shortcomings but this man struck me as smart and I'm all in on that! Big Joe was relating that Reich was the first in the late 80s of the Buffalo teammates to own an Apple computer. He's not afraid to lean into new thinking.......the old concept of stop the run and run the ball (artifact from 60s football) will not be the only trick in his book. I also don't think not having called plays is an issue. As a QB he is used to having to pay attention to multiple things in game and be ready to call an audible. I think he has the mental agility to make that work at least until his OC gets settled in for a year or two.

2. He's humble.......I genuinely don't think he cares that he's a second choice or that he is inheriting 3 coaches. He openly acknowledged that given that alot of the coaching talent he's got on his list has been snapped up in new jobs having 3 slots already filled is helpful and he genuinely thinks they are talented guys he can work with. He talk alot about collaboration and given his humility I think that is a true part of his leadership style. I was pleased to hear that he already had a coaching list ready for whenever he might get a head coach nod so that's a level of preparation that he seems to bring to everything.

3. He's competitive......not in a dumb way (Griff Whalen ST play anyone?) but in an aggressive/smart way. Big Joe was asking him to clarify the roles that HE and Pedersen played on offense and he basically said that he designed the game plans and Pedersen called the game....it was his job to design really good plays and Pedersen's job to pull the right play out of the book for the specific situation. Also he kept emphasizing collaboration. Big Joe was saying something like he'd be remembered for architechting the Philly Special and he said no, I guarantee you we will have an Indy Special and it will be even better!!!!!!!! I about had an orgasm right there.
Old 02-14-2018, 08:38 PM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
I'm sure you could enlighten us, but we're not interested in your nonsense. Well, most of us aren't...
Old 02-14-2018, 09:08 PM

Thanked 2,211 Times in 1,191 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1965southpaw View Post
Big Joe was saying something like he'd be remembered for architechting the Philly Special and he said no, I guarantee you we will have an Indy Special and it will be even better!!!!!!!! I about had an orgasm right there.
Two things: So we didn't already see the "Indy Special" on October 18 2015?
Did you record that?