ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 08-27-2019, 12:28 PM
Accidental Administrator

Good bump, this was a great read last year. I posted in another thread. Grigson, Pep and Chuck are ultimately what made Luck retire.

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."
Old 08-27-2019, 01:15 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez View Post
Good bump, this was a great read last year. I posted in another thread. Grigson, Pep and Chuck are ultimately what made Luck retire.
Agreed but would add that Luck bears some responsibility because of how he threw his body around up until last year. Lest we forget, if the guy had bought into sliding he would not have had to deal with a lacerated kidney at a minimum and who know what else. People were telling him constantly, in real time, to stop taking those hits. Again agreed that 90% was do to such a shitty offensive line and game plan that he felt he had to do everything himself. Just a terrible waste, especially for Luck. He should have been the GOAT of his generation.
Old 08-27-2019, 05:21 PM

Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,135 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
Bump.

When thinking about Brissett's potential improvement from 2017, it makes me think of this analysis from Warren Sharp last year. Even that 2017 team could have won 6-7 games with slightly better coaching. With a better roster, this may be more of an 8-10 win team than the 6-7 wins I predicted yesterday.
Not sure who it was but this exact thing was being discussed on the drive in this morning. I forgot just how many games we took leads into the late 3rd and 4th quarter that year. We had the worst coaching staff in the history of the sport and not a very deep team, result, a lot of late losses. We have neither of the 2 this year, I expect we'll see some of the opposite this year with us gutting out a few come from behinds. Feel pretty solid on no worse than 10-6 this campaign.