ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-28-2020, 07:48 AM

Thanked 4,388 Times in 2,524 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck4Reich View Post
Race is supposed to comprehend what you are thinking?

If he can do that he is one bad ass mutha!
I know exactly what he was thinking. He was thinking that he got called out for mis-interpreting the context of my post (when I even quoted another post to make it in context) and then got pissed in response, so he lashed out which a moronic comment about being psychic. Psycho may be more like it.
Old 02-28-2020, 07:50 AM

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,639 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Classic View Post
Am I talking to walls here? Is everyone just reading four or five words? Holy shit, IF THE COLTS SIGN RIVERS, THEY DON'T NEED TO DRAFT A QB IN THE FIRST ROUND.

IF THEY DON'T SIGN RIVERS, by all means, THEN DRAFT A QB. Try reading a full post before parroting your views.
Not sure why you are so angry lol

It doesnt have to be one or the other.... If Ballard sees it as an option so be it... he probably doesnt.. this is all speculation and it's fun for us to talk about.

Most of us just want to win and see this team back in the SB. It's been mentioned by several sources that the Colts could add Rivers and draft a QB that could sit behind him until ready. They also mentioned the comparison to the Chiefs and Mahomes.

No big deal.
Old 02-28-2020, 07:51 AM

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,639 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
I know exactly what he was thinking. He was thinking that he got called out for mis-interpreting the context of my post (when I even quoted another post to make it in context) and then got pissed in response, so he lashed out which a moronic comment about being psychic. Psycho may be more like it.
Yeah. You are probably correct lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to Luck4Reich For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (02-28-2020)
Old 02-28-2020, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Am I talking to walls here? Is everyone just reading four or five words? Holy shit, IF THE COLTS SIGN RIVERS, THEY DON'T NEED TO DRAFT A QB IN THE FIRST ROUND.

IF THEY DON'T SIGN RIVERS, by all means, THEN DRAFT A QB. Try reading a full post before parroting your views.
If the Colts sign Rivers, they'll still need a bona fide QB starter after 2 years AT THE MOST, possibly sooner. If the right QB is there at 13, (and by right, I mean a QB that both Ballard and Reich are sold on) you draft him. If not, you draft one in a later round, but you need a starter to be ready within 2 years. Rivers is not a sure thing. He's either nearly done, or already done. That's not for us to know, but it is the job of Ballard and Reich.
Luck4Reich (02-28-2020), njcoltfan (02-28-2020), Racehorse (02-28-2020)
Old 02-28-2020, 11:25 AM

My thoughts on the past couple of day's topics:

1. Drat about Chris Jones getting franchised. He was my #1 free agent target now that AC is coming back. I don't know if there is anyone else that I would back the money truck up for, honestly, other than Dak Prescott.

2. I don't want to spend money on any of the FA QBs that will be available. Dak is the only one that I would pony up the money for and he will not make it to free agency.

3. That said, if Derek Carr would only cost us our lower 2nd round pick, I would trade for him. He is young enough to be our QB at a high level for a decade, is an accomplished NFL QB with good instincts, touch and leadership and I think he would fit a Reich offensive system like a glove. Gruden is an idiot if they spend capital to go chase a different QB rather than build around Carr. And he is less than a $20m cap hit for each of the next 3 seasons.

4. Of Herbert, Love, Eason and Fromm, I think I like Eason the best but I don't like using the #13 pick on him. I think at #13, we can get a high potential WR1, LOT1, disruptive 3-tech or talented DE and I don't know that I love any of the QBs as much as I like a lot of the guys who could fall to us. I would MUCH better roll with JB another year, draft a developmental kid in the 2nd or 3rd round and see where we are at in a year than draft one of the QBs with the #13.

5. I am concerned about O-Line depth more than the depth of any other position group right now. I think Haeg will get low end starter money in free agency, Clark is not better than average and we then have no one behind our fav five. I would want an OT draft pick early (1st or 2nd round) and a draft pick later for interior line depth.

6. Also worried about TE depth. Jack as the starter and Mo-Allie Cox as a guy is fine but there is no one behind them. Need a body or two there to round out that critically important position in Reich's offense.

7. WR is tricky for me. On paper, I like Hilton, Pascal and Campbell as our starting three. However, we have limited depth behind them (Fountain and Johnson) and they can be improved on. Adding draftees in this "deep WR" draft is a good idea.

8. So, conceptually, I want our FA money going to NT, DE, 3-tech (if any were to hit FA), Safety depth and CB depth while our draft class going all offense if possible (OT/WR/QB early, OG/WR/TE later).

9. So, my family dumped all of our Luck jersey's last year at Goodwill. Whom would you buy a jersey of going forward?
The Following User Says Thank You to Ironshaft For This Useful Post:
Discflinger (02-28-2020)
Old 02-28-2020, 12:28 PM

Yeah, I am concerned about te, as well. I don’t know much about him, but I hope we snag the Purdue boy. Who’s the fa? Hooper? Don’t know much about him either, admittedly, but still hoping he lands here.
The Following User Says Thank You to Discflinger For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (02-28-2020)
Old 02-28-2020, 12:55 PM

I think we need to invest in the offensive line at some point in the first 3 rounds or through free agency, both at guard and tackle. Would be nice to have an upgrade to Glowinski, making him an excellent backup and then a guy to take over from Castonzo for when he does retire.

Agree something has to happen at TE, we have 2 guys, plus a load of nobodies....and i am not entirely sold on Alie-Cox really being a No. 2 guy. Would absolutely love to get Hunter Henry from the Chargers, he would become our best TE in my opinion.
Old 02-28-2020, 01:01 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,632 Times in 2,032 Posts

Quote:
He had already been there for a few years--they didn't sign him THAT YEAR, then ALSO draft Mahomes. His contract was coming to an end, of course a team should plan for the future at that point. If the Colts sign Rivers, then they could pass on this draft's QB prospects since none of the realistic options seem to be impressive or have any skill set that couldn't be found in next year's draft. Use this year's first rounder on edge rusher or receiver.
I could see Rivers being a two-year signing, or maybe a four year with escape clauses. I could see them drafting and signing someone.
Old 02-28-2020, 02:03 PM

Thanked 2,244 Times in 1,207 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironshaft View Post
My thoughts on the past couple of day's topics:

1. Drat about Chris Jones getting franchised. He was my #1 free agent target now that AC is coming back. I don't know if there is anyone else that I would back the money truck up for, honestly, other than Dak Prescott.

2. I don't want to spend money on any of the FA QBs that will be available. Dak is the only one that I would pony up the money for and he will not make it to free agency.

3. That said, if Derek Carr would only cost us our lower 2nd round pick, I would trade for him. He is young enough to be our QB at a high level for a decade, is an accomplished NFL QB with good instincts, touch and leadership and I think he would fit a Reich offensive system like a glove. Gruden is an idiot if they spend capital to go chase a different QB rather than build around Carr. And he is less than a $20m cap hit for each of the next 3 seasons.

4. Of Herbert, Love, Eason and Fromm, I think I like Eason the best but I don't like using the #13 pick on him. I think at #13, we can get a high potential WR1, LOT1, disruptive 3-tech or talented DE and I don't know that I love any of the QBs as much as I like a lot of the guys who could fall to us. I would MUCH better roll with JB another year, draft a developmental kid in the 2nd or 3rd round and see where we are at in a year than draft one of the QBs with the #13.

5. I am concerned about O-Line depth more than the depth of any other position group right now. I think Haeg will get low end starter money in free agency, Clark is not better than average and we then have no one behind our fav five. I would want an OT draft pick early (1st or 2nd round) and a draft pick later for interior line depth.

6. Also worried about TE depth. Jack as the starter and Mo-Allie Cox as a guy is fine but there is no one behind them. Need a body or two there to round out that critically important position in Reich's offense.

7. WR is tricky for me. On paper, I like Hilton, Pascal and Campbell as our starting three. However, we have limited depth behind them (Fountain and Johnson) and they can be improved on. Adding draftees in this "deep WR" draft is a good idea.

8. So, conceptually, I want our FA money going to NT, DE, 3-tech (if any were to hit FA), Safety depth and CB depth while our draft class going all offense if possible (OT/WR/QB early, OG/WR/TE later).

9. So, my family dumped all of our Luck jersey's last year at Goodwill. Whom would you buy a jersey of going forward?
Agree with most of this, except Eason. He reportedly will not put in the work and has a lousy attitude.

A need that nobody here seems to bring up, is a replacement for Sheard, who probably won't be signed. We have nobody on the roster who has his skill set at DE.

We saw what the defense looked when he missed the first 4 games and it wasn't good.

I propose that we attack the need in free agency with Shaq Lawson, who is starting to put his game together after injuries.
Old 02-28-2020, 02:03 PM

Thanked 2,248 Times in 1,173 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
I could see Rivers being a two-year signing, or maybe a four year with escape clauses. I could see them drafting and signing someone.
I agree, if they chase a vet FA QB then drafting a developmental QB would seem natural.