ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-11-2018, 05:19 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,666 Times in 2,051 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
I'm don't get why everyone thinks Bell's attitude is so bad. What about the attitude of the team? Keeping franchising a player who is one play away from making zilch next year shows that they don't give a crap about him as a person yet we all think he should be willing to sacrifice his physical and financial well being for the team. It's a business and when you cannot play the NFL doesn't give a crap. We traded Unitas for 'future considerations' after all he did for this team. Worse look at how much 'help' the Steelers gave Mike Webster whose brain was destroyed playing for these guys with what probably was the perfect attitude at the time. On the field Bell gives his all. He is a great blocking back not afraid to due the dirty work, he doesn't drop passes and most importantly he can read blocks and get what the defense will give you. We are going to need that when we play good defenses in the cold. I agree that the money he wants is ridiculous, but it might just be worth it for this particular team at this particular time.
This is the business side of things. Steelers trapped him with the tag but won't pay him what he wants. He played under it for several years.

From everything I have read Bell was great in the locker room and everyone loved him. Saying he was a great teammate.

Fans seem to take this stuff personally, but players know it is for a short time and they have a right to get as much money as they can. He believes he was outplaying what they were giving him. If he was underperforming no one would have a problem cutting him I bet.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
Luck4Reich (12-11-2018)