ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-09-2022, 10:42 PM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
Have any of you ever had sciatica? I have and it can cause you a pain that goes all the way down your leg.

It was so bad for me that I was 30 feet from my rental car and I used my key fob to unlock it and by the time I got to the car, it had re-locked itself.

My point is that doctors misdiagnose things all the time and some of that can be based on patient input. Pain in one area isn't always only related to that area.

Is Reich being forthright or not? Why speculate? His job is to coach the 90+ players available to him at this time. Not to give medical statements the very day he learns about an injury/surgery.

Do you think BB asks for medical insight into the nature of an injury when he has 100 other things to do? HELL NO! he's got a team to coach and tell me when player A will ready to participate.

Of course there is a human aspect to at as well. But Reich has no responsibility to divulge that to us, especially without the players consent.

Bottom line is that we have become media hogs, who believe that we deserve every but of team information that we ask for.

NOT SO FOLKS!
Not what I am saying, don't think that's what anyone is saying. What is being said, by me at least, is Frank is not good at this shit. Anyone that believes he has no knowledge of the health of our best defensive player that by himself nearly got us into the playoffs and without him we are probably a 4 win team, is a dumbass. And he is the dumb ass that is so obtuse he can't even think far enough in front of his nose to basically poor cold water on his BS that he knows nothing at all about Darius situation by telling everyone he's walking step for step with the injured safety on his rehab journey instead.

The point being, Frank just isn't very good at doing this type of thing. Go BB, just say, "medical isn't my thing, I'm here to talk about the players me and my staff were coaching yesterday, you would need to talk to the docs about Darius or any other player that isn't practicing right now" and be done with it.

Oh and haven't seen it yet but now apparently Darius has issued some form of rebuke of what Frank said yesterday. Great!
Old 06-10-2022, 08:41 AM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post
Not what I am saying, don't think that's what anyone is saying. What is being said, by me at least, is Frank is not good at this shit. Anyone that believes he has no knowledge of the health of our best defensive player that by himself nearly got us into the playoffs and without him we are probably a 4 win team, is a dumbass. And he is the dumb ass that is so obtuse he can't even think far enough in front of his nose to basically poor cold water on his BS that he knows nothing at all about Darius situation by telling everyone he's walking step for step with the injured safety on his rehab journey instead.

The point being, Frank just isn't very good at doing this type of thing. Go BB, just say, "medical isn't my thing, I'm here to talk about the players me and my staff were coaching yesterday, you would need to talk to the docs about Darius or any other player that isn't practicing right now" and be done with it.

Oh and haven't seen it yet but now apparently Darius has issued some form of rebuke of what Frank said yesterday. Great!
And 11 years ago, we found out that Manning had a neck injury that ended his season before it began.

Fast forward to 2015 and the beginning of the Andrew Luck saga of miss information on what he could or couldnt do, which led to his shocking retirement.

I understand about HIPPA, a players privacy, and personal rights. But the Colts have been dishonest on several occasions about star player availability in order to sell more tickets and that is wrong. 2019,They painted a rosey picture of Luck all off season, until he retired before the season started.

I love watching the Colts play in person. I am very hesitant to buy season tickets because they havent been able to figure out the Qb position. When Ryan steps up under center and shows he can still play, I will consider maybe buying some game tickets. Right now, wouldnt believe the Colts PR if they told me water is wet.
The Following User Says Thank You to JAFF For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (06-10-2022)
Old 06-10-2022, 10:16 AM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,134 Times in 642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
And 11 years ago, we found out that Manning had a neck injury that ended his season before it began.

Fast forward to 2015 and the beginning of the Andrew Luck saga of miss information on what he could or couldnt do, which led to his shocking retirement.

I understand about HIPPA, a players privacy, and personal rights. But the Colts have been dishonest on several occasions about star player availability in order to sell more tickets and that is wrong. 2019,They painted a rosey picture of Luck all off season, until he retired before the season started.

I love watching the Colts play in person. I am very hesitant to buy season tickets because they havent been able to figure out the Qb position. When Ryan steps up under center and shows he can still play, I will consider maybe buying some game tickets. Right now, wouldnt believe the Colts PR if they told me water is wet.
So take Colts PR out and look at facts…..

How many games have Matty Ice missed in his career???
Old 06-10-2022, 11:55 AM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

If it took them a year to figure out that his issue wasn't an ankle but was nerve impingement their doctors suck (especially if the surgery on his ankle was to fix the pain). Having said that it most likely was laparoscopic surgery and he should be fine for the regular season. Even if he isn't, no way in hell are we a 4 win team without him. He would hurt not to be there but we have depth to survive his loss. I doubt the Colts are being dishonest about Leonard's injury to sell tickets. It is the NFL way. Plus it is fairly obvious that nobody, including the doctors they use, knew what the hell was wrong with him.
The Following User Says Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
apballin (06-11-2022)
Old 06-13-2022, 03:21 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,266 Times in 2,014 Posts

o

The Mets are in first place in the NL East, and they have been without their 2 best starting pitchers for much of the season ...... perhaps with their excellent running game, their highly-regarded new quarterback, and with one of the best GM's in football, the Colts can emulate something similar in 2022 if they have to go without such a great player such as Darius Leonard for an extended period of time.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 06-15-2022, 10:03 AM

Thanked 2,617 Times in 1,543 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
I was at the game when Peyton suffered that neck injury. It was against the Washington Redskins (please forgive me Native Americans for being so insensitive)...they nearly ripped his head off, no penalty! Peyton only missed one play and was back in the game. I wondered how he could have came out of that with no serious injury, turns out it was worse than he let on at the time.
apballin (06-15-2022), JAFF (06-15-2022)
Old 06-15-2022, 02:15 PM

Thanked 1,895 Times in 922 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
If it took them a year to figure out that his issue wasn't an ankle but was nerve impingement their doctors suck (especially if the surgery on his ankle was to fix the pain). Having said that it most likely was laparoscopic surgery and he should be fine for the regular season. Even if he isn't, no way in hell are we a 4 win team without him. He would hurt not to be there but we have depth to survive his loss. I doubt the Colts are being dishonest about Leonard's injury to sell tickets. It is the NFL way. Plus it is fairly obvious that nobody, including the doctors they use, knew what the hell was wrong with him.
Chopped wood has an irrational hatred for Reich.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hoopsdoc For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (06-15-2022)
Old 06-15-2022, 06:18 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,608 Times in 934 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CletusPyle View Post
I was at the game when Peyton suffered that neck injury. It was against the Washington Redskins (please forgive me Native Americans for being so insensitive)...they nearly ripped his head off, no penalty! Peyton only missed one play and was back in the game. I wondered how he could have came out of that with no serious injury, turns out it was worse than he let on at the time.
I remember that hit, it was Philip Daniels and it was the dirtiest hit I'd ever seen. That's the whole reason I wasn't surprised by the Gregg Williams thing when he got suspended for the bounties a few years later. It looked like the Washington defense was trying to hurt him on that play.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dam8610 For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (06-16-2022), IndyNorm (06-15-2022), JAFF (06-15-2022), Racehorse (06-15-2022)
Old 06-15-2022, 08:14 PM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
Chopped wood has an irrational hatred for Reich.
It's not irrational, he sucks as a head dog. Thankfully that is starting to be called out by the local media instead of just gagging on his nuts as they have for far too long. I am glad this is clearly his prove it or lose it season. And for the sake of the team I hope he does prove he can do this, and I will own my apology to him if he does (from the reports out of the mini- Hines may be our # 2 in terms of catches, and if that's so, then good for him for f'king utilizing weapons vs burying them under the dirt of his rehab boy).
Old 06-15-2022, 09:04 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post
It's not irrational, he sucks as a head dog. Thankfully that is starting to be called out by the local media instead of just gagging on his nuts as they have for far too long. I am glad this is clearly his prove it or lose it season. And for the sake of the team I hope he does prove he can do this, and I will own my apology to him if he does (from the reports out of the mini- Hines may be our # 2 in terms of catches, and if that's so, then good for him for f'king utilizing weapons vs burying them under the dirt of his rehab boy).
Dont hold back, tell us how you really feel.
The Following User Says Thank You to JAFF For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (06-16-2022)