ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 06-08-2022, 02:01 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
This article is pure bullshit, pure conjecture with zero reporting to back anything he says up. He seems to be searching for some clever angle but comes off as a dick lately.
I would say there is truth in this story. Going back to Manning’s neck. They were not up front about Luck and his first lost season and or his last attempt to play.

I know they need to sell tickets, lying to fans to up sales knowing the Qb will be out all season is fraud. All teams do it, some more deceitful (belicheat) than others.

I have had season tickets in the past, and have debated spending my retirement $$$ on golf or Colts tickets. It will probably be golfing.

Its 180 mil round trip for a game, and at $5 a gallon I have concerns. I see a lot of improvement on paper, which doesnt mean squat. Now I doubt what I can trust anything the Colts tell me about the health of the team.

I can enjoy the game from my couch, its a better buy with less financial risk
Old 06-08-2022, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
I would say there is truth in this story. Going back to Manning’s neck. They were not up front about Luck and his first lost season and or his last attempt to play.

I know they need to sell tickets, lying to fans to up sales knowing the Qb will be out all season is fraud. All teams do it, some more deceitful (belicheat) than others.

I have had season tickets in the past, and have debated spending my retirement $$$ on golf or Colts tickets. It will probably be golfing.

Its 180 mil round trip for a game, and at $5 a gallon I have concerns. I see a lot of improvement on paper, which doesnt mean squat. Now I doubt what I can trust anything the Colts tell me about the health of the team.

I can enjoy the game from my couch, its a better buy with less financial risk
$180m for a game? You buying part of the team, bro?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ironshaft For This Useful Post:
apballin (06-08-2022), Dewey 5 (06-08-2022), Racehorse (06-08-2022)
Old 06-08-2022, 05:28 PM

Thanked 1,889 Times in 921 Posts

I’m not surprised. As much as any player I’ve ever watched, Leonard leaves it all out there on the field.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hoopsdoc For This Useful Post:
apballin (06-08-2022)
Old 06-08-2022, 11:44 PM

Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,135 Posts

JMV had someone on today- can't remember which reporter. Want to talk about something to be worried about- they apparently figured out Darius had a back problem AS A RESULT of the problems he was having with his ankle. That means nerve being compressed.

Hopefully just a routine discectomy and he is back to being the maniac in a couple months.

Regardless, if you listened to Frank's comments yesterday, this has EVERY bit the same feel as all the BS they ran up the flag pole with Peyton, Luck, Bob, and to some degree Edge. NONE of those ended well obviously.

Yeah I have a loaded axe when it comes to Frank but that stooge is such a tool. In the conference he gets pressed to outline what's wrong with Darius, not sure, just found out about it really, just know it's a back. Said he hadn't been in contact with Darius about it and he was just informed of this development. Then later goes on to say he has been in contact with Willis the whole time about his injury and rehab status. As Dachic blasted him for- what a pompus snide dick. Doesn't know shit about the injury to the most critical, most well paid, player on D and perhaps our most important player short of JT on the entire squad at the moment, but yeah, he keeps in daily touch with a safety that while good, IS NOT a cornerstone of this team.

More and more I wish we had someone other than him running this thing. I think is in way over his head.
Old 06-09-2022, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post
JMV had someone on today- can't remember which reporter. Want to talk about something to be worried about- they apparently figured out Darius had a back problem AS A RESULT of the problems he was having with his ankle. That means nerve being compressed.

Hopefully just a routine discectomy and he is back to being the maniac in a couple months.

Regardless, if you listened to Frank's comments yesterday, this has EVERY bit the same feel as all the BS they ran up the flag pole with Peyton, Luck, Bob, and to some degree Edge. NONE of those ended well obviously.

Yeah I have a loaded axe when it comes to Frank but that stooge is such a tool. In the conference he gets pressed to outline what's wrong with Darius, not sure, just found out about it really, just know it's a back. Said he hadn't been in contact with Darius about it and he was just informed of this development. Then later goes on to say he has been in contact with Willis the whole time about his injury and rehab status. As Dachic blasted him for- what a pompus snide dick. Doesn't know shit about the injury to the most critical, most well paid, player on D and perhaps our most important player short of JT on the entire squad at the moment, but yeah, he keeps in daily touch with a safety that while good, IS NOT a cornerstone of this team.

More and more I wish we had someone other than him running this thing. I think is in way over his head.
Frank wasn’t running the show with Luck or Peyton when it’s obvious the team lied about their status. You can make an argument the team as a whole is at fault, you can make an argument that all teams do it, you can make an argument that it’s really just bad luck…but I don’t think you can logically place the blame on Frank.
Old 06-09-2022, 05:39 AM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironshaft View Post
$180m for a game? You buying part of the team, bro?
180 mile
The Following User Says Thank You to JAFF For This Useful Post:
Ironshaft (06-09-2022)
Old 06-09-2022, 09:33 AM

Thanked 1,571 Times in 753 Posts

So he had a compromised nerve in his back that affected his control of his ankle. But it wasn't a painful injury to his ankle. Crazy, the shit they figure out.

Regarding the article and the sentiment of feeling left in the dark... I would absolutely love to be in the loop on all things Colts. But honest to God, I can't bring myself to blame teams for not holding our (and journalists' like his guy) hands through the entire process.

Imagine they go through this months-long process trying to figure this thing out... the frustration of trying ankle surgery, rehab, and everything else... and eventually after all the back-and-forth, discovering that it's a back nerve causing an issue in the ankle.

Now imagine they take irrational fans and journalists with them on that whole ride. They realize it's much more preferable to go the route teams always do.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ChaosTheory For This Useful Post:
apballin (06-09-2022), Ironshaft (06-09-2022), Racehorse (06-09-2022)
Old 06-09-2022, 12:50 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

If this ankle is due to his back (I highly doubt that) and they went ahead and cut on his ankle that is malpractice big time. More that likely that ankle injury kept him from exercising in such a way that the extent of his back injury wasn't apparent, ie. he wasn't able to move enough to let the injury be known.
Old 06-09-2022, 03:14 PM

Interesting development indeed and can see the link though ankle may be pushing it.

I had some issues with hip/knee pain and this ultimately culminated over this last year into L4 disc issue and what one opinion suggests spinal stenosis.

That said, my pain was really focused on the knee and hip. PT and meds no effect but infiltration gave some relief short term.

Going back end of this month for a procedure called Rizolysis where they insert a need focused on a set nerve or bundle and hit it with RF so not as invasive as all out surgery. Apparently good results from what I research and longer term relief than infiltations so fingers crossed in my case as I have a helluva time simply walking normal now and better than getting a rod inserted, bone fusion or other more aggresive approaches.

Perhaps this is an option for the maniac but with the high paid docs employed, I suppose this approach has been evaluated. I have worked in the medical field my entire adult life but this procedure was new to me so what the hell - ya learn something new everyday.

Hoping The Maniac is back messing up opposing players in short order!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BCN#1 For This Useful Post:
apballin (06-09-2022), Racehorse (06-09-2022)
Old 06-09-2022, 08:47 PM

Thanked 2,211 Times in 1,191 Posts

Have any of you ever had sciatica? I have and it can cause you a pain that goes all the way down your leg.

It was so bad for me that I was 30 feet from my rental car and I used my key fob to unlock it and by the time I got to the car, it had re-locked itself.

My point is that doctors misdiagnose things all the time and some of that can be based on patient input. Pain in one area isn't always only related to that area.

Is Reich being forthright or not? Why speculate? His job is to coach the 90+ players available to him at this time. Not to give medical statements the very day he learns about an injury/surgery.

Do you think BB asks for medical insight into the nature of an injury when he has 100 other things to do? HELL NO! he's got a team to coach and tell me when player A will ready to participate.

Of course there is a human aspect to at as well. But Reich has no responsibility to divulge that to us, especially without the players consent.

Bottom line is that we have become media hogs, who believe that we deserve every but of team information that we ask for.

NOT SO FOLKS!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to YDFL Commish For This Useful Post:
apballin (06-09-2022), BCN#1 (06-10-2022), Racehorse (06-10-2022)