ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-07-2022, 10:58 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,134 Times in 642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
Guess it didn’t work for Wayne and Mathis, otherwise they wouldn’t have felt the need to sit out mandatory minicamp.

It is also possible to be underpaid and not be the best at your position or have won a SB. That you believe a previous SB win greatly increases a players value and leverage (over what their play dictates) makes me very thankful you aren’t making contract decisions for the team.
Kenny Moore is in no position to ask for more money if you believe he deserves more I’m grateful you’re not making any decisions or this team would be the Browns
Old 06-07-2022, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post
Kenny Moore is in no position to ask for more money if you believe he deserves more I’m grateful you’re not making any decisions or this team would be the Browns
I haven’t said they should give him more. I think he’s slightly underpaid, but not egregiously so. I just pointed out the only thing he had done was miss voluntary workouts when people complained about him not honoring his contract. I defended him for pushing and advocating for himself when others took a “shut up and play attitude.” But ultimately it is a business - for both sides. As I said, I also expect the team to do what’s in their best interest and that’s probably trade him next off season. I just think his value is more determined by his play than by the overall team accomplishments. If he has an excellent year yet Matt Ryan gets hurt and the team sucks in your world Kenny is less valuable. I simply disagree.
Old 06-08-2022, 03:38 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,134 Times in 642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
I haven’t said they should give him more. I think he’s slightly underpaid, but not egregiously so. I just pointed out the only thing he had done was miss voluntary workouts when people complained about him not honoring his contract. I defended him for pushing and advocating for himself when others took a “shut up and play attitude.” But ultimately it is a business - for both sides. As I said, I also expect the team to do what’s in their best interest and that’s probably trade him next off season. I just think his value is more determined by his play than by the overall team accomplishments. If he has an excellent year yet Matt Ryan gets hurt and the team sucks in your world Kenny is less valuable. I simply disagree.
Look he’s a good player I’m not debating that, I just feel like he totally botched this little contract situation. Doing this puts a bullseye on you as a player and when we needed him the most the last few games he didn’t do anything. Great players make plays in those games, Colts got him more help adding Ngakwe and Gilmore and he gets mad a better player came in the door making more. If Kenny can’t consistently shutout number 1 WRs, create turnovers, and step up in crucial situations with every thing in the line then he’s not valuable as he thinks he is. Win DPOY, win some playoff games, then we’ll talk