ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-11-2022, 10:54 PM

Thanked 1,339 Times in 755 Posts

I bet Jaff is one of those guys who wears a mask while he's driving alone.
The Following User Says Thank You to IndyNorm For This Useful Post:
Lov2fish (01-11-2022)
Old 01-12-2022, 01:09 AM

Thanked 1,664 Times in 795 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lov2fish View Post
Bullshit. Your beloved CNN posted an article where the CDC admitted 75% of all the deaths had four or more comorbidities. Not one, or none, but FOUR
The average comorbidities was listed at 2.5 for like a year before they quietly changed it to 4.

Also, since Fauci and Jake Tapper have said it publicly now; apparently it's no longer taboo to point out that if you go to the hospital for a torn ACL and then subsequently test positive for covid without any symptoms... That counts as a covid hospitalization. Only took, what, 18 months?

Now they can adjust it

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
850 000 dead Americans. More than military deaths in WW 1 and WW2 combined. In 2 years. How are you not outraged?
This is from December:
https://www.statista.com/statistics/...vid-by-age-us/

Do you know the median age of a covid death? It's almost 80-years-old. More than half of all covid deaths (52%) are age 75 or older. About 75% of covid deaths are age 65 and older.

And remember, those 608,000 people averaged four health problems to boot. So you're talking 70-, 80-, and 90-year-olds that have cancer, COPD, Alzheimer's, CHF, diabetes, obesity, etc.

Do you look at preventable deaths in general with this same fervor? Do you point to obese smokers who eat like shit and sit on their asses all day and compare those deaths to WW2?

Or do those dead Americans not outrage you?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ChaosTheory For This Useful Post:
Ironshaft (01-13-2022), Lov2fish (01-12-2022), Oldcolt (01-12-2022), Puck (01-12-2022), Racehorse (01-12-2022), Spike (01-12-2022)
Old 01-12-2022, 09:17 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
The average comorbidities was listed at 2.5 for like a year before they quietly changed it to 4.

Also, since Fauci and Jake Tapper have said it publicly now; apparently it's no longer taboo to point out that if you go to the hospital for a torn ACL and then subsequently test positive for covid without any symptoms... That counts as a covid hospitalization. Only took, what, 18 months?

Now they can adjust it

This is from December:
https://www.statista.com/statistics/...vid-by-age-us/

Do you know the median age of a covid death? It's almost 80-years-old. More than half of all covid deaths (52%) are age 75 or older. About 75% of covid deaths are age 65 and older.

And remember, those 608,000 people averaged four health problems to boot. So you're talking 70-, 80-, and 90-year-olds that have cancer, COPD, Alzheimer's, CHF, diabetes, obesity, etc.

Do you look at preventable deaths in general with this same fervor? Do you point to obese smokers who eat like shit and sit on their asses all day and compare those deaths to WW2?

Or do those dead Americans not outrage you?
Apparently, its ok for people over 55 die, by your standard.

There are people all over the country waiting to have what would be considered normal procedures at hospitals but they can’t have those procedures because the hospitals are overflowing with Covid patients. And that’s an easy number to check. Healthcare in general across this country has been decimated because of people overflowing the hospital open ventilators and other specialized treatment because of this illness. That doesn’t figure into your figures it’s just OK if old people die

Last edited by JAFF; 01-12-2022 at 09:21 PM.
Old 01-13-2022, 07:41 AM

Thanked 4,412 Times in 2,533 Posts

Quote:

There are people all over the country waiting to have what would be considered normal procedures at hospitals but they can’t have those procedures because the hospitals are overflowing with Covid patients. And that’s an easy number to check. Healthcare in general across this country has been decimated because of people overflowing the hospital open ventilators and other specialized treatment because of this illness. That doesn’t figure into your figures it’s just OK if old people die
I think his point is these people were likely suffering badly for quite some time before contracting COVID, and the illness being the final straw was likely a blessing for these folks. Their suffering ended.

As to your other point, all I know is that is not an issue down here. Our hospitals can handle what they are seeing.
Spike (01-16-2022)
Old 01-13-2022, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Im 63 years old and I got my first shot 2/20/21. At that time there were 500,000 deaths WITH covid. Today, US deaths reached 850,000+ deaths. Do the math. And I low balled it.

Go to the cdc web site and look at the stats. Indiana is at the highest daily death since the pandemic began.

Hey you don’t like when I say don’t read it
FIFY, per the CDC... up to 70% had at least 4 co-morbidities.

Glad you're taking your precautions... stay safe.

With the focus on masking, particularly with Omicron, people forget it's even more important to sanitize/wash hands, particularly around food/drink... this variant gets into the throat more than the nasal cavity.
Old 01-13-2022, 11:16 AM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

You should wash hand etc. Keeps you from getting flu, colds and other viral infections. Won't help much with COVID, however. COVID is spread thru aerosolization, not droplet. I cannot infect once it has dried out which takes minutes. It is why masking (with this Omicron being so infectious KN95 or N95 should be used if you believe in masking) and keeping your distance (give the virus time to lose moisture and infectivity) seem to help. We will all most likely eventually get this damn thing (it is a respiratory virus-do you know any adult that hasn't had the flu?). I want you freaks to get it as far in the future as possible. There will be newer, easier and more effective treatments the longer you wait to get this thing. Stay healthy, we need all of us here.
The Following User Says Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (01-13-2022)
Old 01-13-2022, 03:55 PM

Thanked 1,664 Times in 795 Posts

Quote:
Why don't you just tell me I hate America? Or call me a doody head? It would an equally earnest argument.

You don't have to be this way. There are alternatives.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChaosTheory For This Useful Post:
Lov2fish (01-13-2022), Racehorse (01-13-2022)
Old 01-13-2022, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
You really don't get it do you? There is NO VACCINE available that will keep Covid from spreading NONE. It is mind numbing that you cannot understand that!!!!! EVEN CNN is admitting it.
Being vaccinated doesn’t keep you from coming down with Covid. It doesn’t prevent you from being hospitalized, and it doesn’t prevent you from dying.

However…

According to the the most recent statistics reported by the NY Department of Health, 3,500 out of every 4,000 people who tested positive for Covid were unvaccinated.

80 out of 85 hospitalizations occurred among the unvaccinated, and 45 of every 50 deaths.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kray007 For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (01-13-2022), rcubed (01-13-2022)
Old 01-13-2022, 07:54 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
I think his point is these people were likely suffering badly for quite some time before contracting COVID, and the illness being the final straw was likely a blessing for these folks. Their suffering ended.

As to your other point, all I know is that is not an issue down here. Our hospitals can handle what they are seeing.
Look at hospitals and their occupancy. They are full, and their ability to treat sick people with serious issues is compromised. The medical profession is being stretched to their limits.
Old 01-13-2022, 07:55 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kray007 View Post
Being vaccinated doesn’t keep you from coming down with Covid. It doesn’t prevent you from being hospitalized, and it doesn’t prevent you from dying.

However…

According to the the most recent statistics reported by the NY Department of Health, 3,500 out of every 4,000 people who tested positive for Covid were unvaccinated.

80 out of 85 hospitalizations occurred among the unvaccinated, and 45 of every 50 deaths.
Thank you. Being vaccinated gives that individual a better chance to recover.

If 80% of this nation had gotten vaccinated, we would be on the backend of this pandemic. If you dont believe me look at vaccination rates with the MMR

Last edited by JAFF; 01-22-2022 at 07:55 PM.