ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-31-2023, 10:42 AM

Thanked 1,324 Times in 748 Posts

Quote:
All I’m saying is an angry woman can be just as aggressive as a LB
Not disagreeing there. But unless she attacks with a weapon where you have to defend yourself from physical harm then there's no excuse in laying your hands on a woman.

Quote:
Who knows what really happened but let’s be honest if he would’ve wanted to beat the shit out of her I’m sure he’s big enough to destroy her
I hope you're not trying to say that b/c he didn't beat the shit out of her what he did was ok.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IndyNorm For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (12-31-2023), Lov2fish (12-31-2023)
Old 01-02-2024, 10:39 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,138 Times in 645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
Not disagreeing there. But unless she attacks with a weapon where you have to defend yourself from physical harm then there's no excuse in laying your hands on a woman.

I hope you're not trying to say that b/c he didn't beat the shit out of her what he did was ok.
I’m not defending putting hands on a woman at all, to instantly side with the woman saying she was body slammed is what I disagree with.
Old 03-05-2024, 12:36 PM

Thanked 2,651 Times in 1,175 Posts

Update on Ogletree:

https://twitter.com/HolderStephen/st...51702409933044

Quote:
NEWS: All domestic violence charges against Colts TE Drew Ogletree have been dismissed today in Hendricks County, Indiana.

Prosecutors determined there was a lack of sufficient evidence to move forward.
https://twitter.com/RomeovilleKid/st...48946039140766

Quote:
Drew Ogletree remains on the Commissioner Exempt List. A reminder that the NFL is conducting its own investigation, and the Colts can still decide if they’d like to keep Ogletree or cut him.

GM Chris Ballard said he had no update on Ogletree when I asked about him last week.
The Following User Says Thank You to AlwaysSunnyinIndy For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (03-05-2024)
Old 03-05-2024, 01:44 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,270 Times in 2,017 Posts

o

Dismissed "with prejudice" ...... meaning dismissed permanently ...... the DA cannot change their mind and refile charges again for this specific incident.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...with-prejudice

When Ogletree was first arrested, my first inclination was to think that he probably hit her, regardless of whether or not the prosecutor could prove it ...... but because of the manner in which the charges were dismissed, I'm wondering whether or not he hit her at all ...... or at the very least, if she was hit him first, and he retaliated by hitting her back.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck

Last edited by Colts And Orioles; 03-05-2024 at 01:55 PM.
Old 03-05-2024, 03:39 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,270 Times in 2,017 Posts

o

There has been some discussion as to whether or not a man should hit a woman if she hits him first, and he is defending himself. If you all would bear with me, I would like to share my own personal story on the matter.

First of all, I would like to say that I believe that each and every case is different, and therefore that what happened with me should not necessarily be taken as a presumption that every other circumstance of domestic violence should be judged accordingly.

In 1991, I was 25 and my girlfriend was 19. We were arguing vehemently. She came toward me with her arm raised, as though she were going to smack me. I was very angry because of whatever it was that we were arguing about, and I kicked my foot towards her. My foot hit her in the stomach, and she groaned, turned around, and fell to the floor. It was one of the worst feelings that I ever had, and to this day I feel great remorse about it. I wasn't worried about her calling the police on me, because I knew that she wouldn't ...... but my feelings of guilt and remorse about what I did was as bad as the anxiety over being worried about getting arrested.

Like I said, just because that was my experience does not necessarily mean that each and every other case of a man hitting a woman after she hit him first should be judged accordingly ...... obviously it's different if she is coming at you with a stake-knife or a hammer, but anything short of something like that, I would highly recommend that you refrain from striking her so as to avoid the guilt and remorse that I still feel about this incident 33 years after the fact.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
apballin (03-05-2024), Dewey 5 (03-05-2024)
Old 03-05-2024, 06:40 PM

Good news for Ogletree at least. We'll see if the NFL and/or Colts still take action against him.
Old 03-05-2024, 07:05 PM

Thanked 1,649 Times in 790 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
Good news for Ogletree at least. We'll see if the NFL and/or Colts still take action against him.
Be kind of a shame if the dude gets raked over the coals by the guilty-until-proven-innocent brigade for three or four months, then gets essentially vindicated by the judicial system...

...but then the league/team still punishes him or bails on him because of pressure from those same types.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChaosTheory For This Useful Post:
omahacolt (03-08-2024), Racehorse (03-05-2024)
Old 03-05-2024, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
Be kind of a shame if the dude gets raked over the coals by the guilty-until-proven-innocent brigade for three or four months, then gets essentially vindicated by the judicial system...

...but then the league/team still punishes him or bails on him because of pressure from those same types.
Don't disagree. My comment was more about reading that the NFL is still conducting their investigation and that he could still be suspended, etc.
Old 03-05-2024, 08:12 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,138 Times in 645 Posts

I hope he bounces back from this
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to apballin For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (03-06-2024), Racehorse (03-05-2024)
Old 03-08-2024, 07:47 PM

Thanked 4,290 Times in 1,755 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

There has been some discussion as to whether or not a man should hit a woman if she hits him first, and he is defending himself. If you all would bear with me, I would like to share my own personal story on the matter.

First of all, I would like to say that I believe that each and every case is different, and therefore that what happened with me should not necessarily be taken as a presumption that every other circumstance of domestic violence should be judged accordingly.

In 1991, I was 25 and my girlfriend was 19. We were arguing vehemently. She came toward me with her arm raised, as though she were going to smack me. I was very angry because of whatever it was that we were arguing about, and I kicked my foot towards her. My foot hit her in the stomach, and she groaned, turned around, and fell to the floor. It was one of the worst feelings that I ever had, and to this day I feel great remorse about it. I wasn't worried about her calling the police on me, because I knew that she wouldn't ...... but my feelings of guilt and remorse about what I did was as bad as the anxiety over being worried about getting arrested.

Like I said, just because that was my experience does not necessarily mean that each and every other case of a man hitting a woman after she hit him first should be judged accordingly ...... obviously it's different if she is coming at you with a stake-knife or a hammer, but anything short of something like that, I would highly recommend that you refrain from striking her so as to avoid the guilt and remorse that I still feel about this incident 33 years after the fact.

o
you kicked her in the stomach instead of grabbing her or blocking said smack?

fucking ruthless.

that said, people should have the right to defend themselves. if a tiny, non threating man like dam were to try and smack a normal dude, i wouldn't judge them for beating him down or tossing him away like a napkin. regardless of how weak and fragile he is
The Following User Says Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (03-10-2024)